GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2008 GS350 AWD Jerking/Hesitation at Low Speed

Old 03-05-15, 01:00 PM
ta1972
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ta1972
I finally got a code yesterday. The code was p0756(solenoid b). Kinda got excited to get a code,lol!
So I ended up taking the solenoid from my old and installed to the new. The problems are still there.
WTF!!! Now, I have to see if it's ecu related or wire harness. I'm thinking ecu, so I'm looking around for one. I'm getting really fed up with this car. Don't think I want to get a gs again. This is big time bullshxt!! My second gen is a lot more reliable. My second gen has a lot more mileage(165k) never had any weird electrical issues. You would think a newer gs would be more reliable, but this is totally
Bull!!!
This should be a recall from lexus!!!
Old 03-13-15, 10:37 PM
ta1972
Pole Position

This should be a recall from lexus!!!
It's finally fixed!!! I'm super happy now! It was the damn ecu all this time. So far I replaced the trans with a low mileage and wasn't fixed at that time, but now it's fixed! Lexus should make this a fricken recall for the ecu! What the hell!!!
Old 03-14-15, 11:51 AM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's finally fixed!!! I'm super happy now! It was the damn ecu all this time. So far I replaced the trans with a low mileage and wasn't fixed at that time, but now it's fixed! Lexus should make this a fricken recall for the ecu! What the hell!!!
What did you do? reset the ECU? by removing the battery or the fuse?
Old 03-15-15, 01:15 PM
ta1972
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xbladex00
What did you do? reset the ECU? by removing the battery or the fuse?
That did not work. I had to replace and reprogram the ecu to fix my issue.
Old 03-15-15, 06:00 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

That did not work. I had to replace and reprogram the ecu to fix my issue.
I'm sorry im to lazy to read the thread... How much was that? I mean my car seems fine and i learned to control the throttle to its mapping... But I shud try doing one of those, my tranny is a bit weird too 1st and 2nd gear are rough shifts and i feel like in first it doesn't shift to quick.
Old 03-22-15, 04:08 AM
dkostis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jerking/hesitation at low speed

I had the same problem until I read this thread. I didn't know where to start troubleshooting but it seemed most of you favored targeting the transmission. I went to Lexus to ask about a transmission service, they did not recommend doing anything. They said its a maintenence free unit so I went to a very trusted transmission shop. He recomennded BG service which is about $250. It is a purge of the unit and fill with BG synthetic fluid. I have done it to other cars I've had and could always feel the difference.

Now that jerking/hesitation is gone and I can't be happier with the way it shifts. It feels like it must have felt coming new out of the factory.
Old 03-22-15, 08:28 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dkostis
I had the same problem until I read this thread. I didn't know where to start troubleshooting but it seemed most of you favored targeting the transmission. I went to Lexus to ask about a transmission service, they did not recommend doing anything. They said its a maintenence free unit so I went to a very trusted transmission shop. He recomennded BG service which is about $250. It is a purge of the unit and fill with BG synthetic fluid. I have done it to other cars I've had and could always feel the difference.

Now that jerking/hesitation is gone and I can't be happier with the way it shifts. It feels like it must have felt coming new out of the factory.
hmm.... I do pass by this transmission shop that I see once in a while going to a city... I just need to flush my tranny its been 80k miles not sure if service has been applied to the tranny...
Old 03-23-15, 08:58 AM
Lexi2380
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dkostis

Hi can you please give me a call or text at 610-657-1700 . ive been dealing with this problem for months now ! i have a couple questions to ask you .. thank you !!!
Old 04-13-15, 09:28 AM
Lexi2380
Driver School Candidate

Sucks!! just took it to Lexus to get serviced & i had them check my Transmission .. they told me i needed to replace my transmission & tort converter . about 6,500 .. Crazy!!!! idk what to do anymore .. ???? any help ?
Old 04-13-15, 10:57 AM
Lexi2380
Driver School Candidate

Can you please call or text me at 610-657-1700 .. thanks i would like to ask you a couple questions .. ive been having same issue ..
Old 08-06-15, 06:51 PM
Willp79
10th Gear

Originally Posted by chuckGS350
When outside temperature is 30 and small change, you will experience this sympton, especially city driving. Take it easy on the gas pedal.
The jerking forward will go away when the coolant temp reaches operating temp, 5 notch mark.on the gauge.
Hello,I have a 08 gs 350 with a hesitation issue when at low speed between 20/25mphI recently changed my transmission fluid through lexus,and still have the same problem. Any suggestions please lmk.thku
Old 09-03-15, 08:59 PM
Willp79
10th Gear

Default Jerking and hesitation from my 08 gs 350

[QUOTE=Willp79;9141128]Hello,I have a 08 gs 350 with a hesitation issue when at low speed between 20/25mphI recently changed my transmission fluid through lexus,and still have the same problem. Any suggestions please lmk. Still have the same issue is there any one out there who can help
Old 09-04-15, 02:50 AM
MnGs3xx
Driver

[QUOTE=Willp79;9172814]
Originally Posted by Willp79
Hello,I have a 08 gs 350 with a hesitation issue when at low speed between 20/25mphI recently changed my transmission fluid through lexus,and still have the same problem. Any suggestions please lmk. Still have the same issue is there any one out there who can help
If your having the stutter around 25mph its the torque converter.. i have the exact same symptoms and 2 shops (lexus being one) said its the torque converter... but needs a whole new transmission 6k...
Old 09-04-15, 11:35 AM
Willp79
10th Gear

Default Stutter at slow eceleration

[QUOTE=MnGs3xx;9172932]
Originally Posted by Willp79

If your having the stutter around 25mph its the torque converter.. i have the exact same symptoms and 2 shops (lexus being one) said its the torque converter... but needs a whole new transmission 6k...
Wow,wish I had bought the extended warranty.this is my 3rd Lexus and everything was good till now.Do u know if it will get worse,I can live with how it is.can the converter get changed? I feel like sometimes it doesn't do it.thks 4 your response any other suggestions please lmk
Old 09-04-15, 01:03 PM
MnGs3xx
Driver

[QUOTE=Willp79;9173406]
Originally Posted by MnGs3xx
Wow,wish I had bought the extended warranty.this is my 3rd Lexus and everything was good till now.Do u know if it will get worse,I can live with how it is.can the converter get changed? I feel like sometimes it doesn't do it.thks 4 your response any other suggestions please lmk
Im not sure if it will get worse but from my research it seems like it will run like this forever... it only happens under low acceleration between 20-50 mph thats when the torque converter is engaged

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 GS350 AWD Jerking/Hesitation at Low Speed