GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

AWD Owners… does your car pull slightly to the right at lower speeds ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-13, 06:08 AM
HDavidB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWD Owners… does your car pull slightly to the right at lower speeds ?

I’ve tried rewording this question in the “search” feature and end up with so many other threads that are unrelated !!

Anyway.. I have a completely bone stock 2006 GS300 AWD with 36K miles ( 54,000 kilometres ) on it.
I just recently bought it so I’m new to the Lexus also this system of AWD.

On the highway the car drives perfectly straight, let go of the steering and the car practically drives itself.
Get off the highway and the car requires some very minor steer correction ( pulling right slightly ).
I’ve checked the tire pressures & general condition of the tires is good, lifted the front end and all seems tight, wheel bearings are fine, no odd noises from the front end while driving.

Before I head in for an alignment figured I’d ask here and see if it’s a normal trait of the AWDs ??
If it pulled to the right on the highway I’d take in to check alignment but it’s just city drives and a very slight pull right !!

Any feedback would great, Thanks !!
Old 11-12-13, 09:47 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked all 4 tires with a reliable tire gauge?
How old are your tires?
What tires are on the car? If they are original, it may be time to replace them.

An alignment check would be a good (and most times, free) way to know if there is any need for adjustment.

My AWD does not pull either way, but I keep an eye on my tire pressure like a madman and have an alignment check at every oil change (because Lexus dealer does the check for free).

Old 11-13-13, 07:49 AM
HDavidB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Simmsled
Have you checked all 4 tires with a reliable tire gauge?
How old are your tires?
What tires are on the car? If they are original, it may be time to replace them.

An alignment check would be a good (and most times, free) way to know if there is any need for adjustment.

My AWD does not pull either way, but I keep an eye on my tire pressure like a madman and have an alignment check at every oil change (because Lexus dealer does the check for free).

Tires checked with a good gauge !
How old, good question ? got the cars used it has Michelin on it & look to be in good shape.
With the kms. on it I'd guess and say they are the factory tires, I've been meaning to look up what these came with ??

I'm working on getting winter wheels so at least when I swap over I can see if the car still pulls ?
Wish we could turn off the Tire Pressure warning system, my sensors must be due for a change since they keep going off !!

Hope to find a set of wheels soon, the snow is starting to fall up in my part of Canada

Thanks for your input.
Old 11-13-13, 08:02 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Tires can pull a vehicle left or right! Try rotating the right wheels to the left
Old 11-13-13, 08:16 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

could be the road too. The new road is made to tilt to one side for evacuating the rain water.
Old 11-13-13, 10:52 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Check your tires first!
Old 11-13-13, 11:03 AM
HDavidB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by designo
Check your tires first!
Thanks Guys !!

I'm hunting for another set of wheels so I can do the summer/winter swap.
This way at least I'll know for sure if it's the tires ??

I saw a GS450h the other day with really nice wheels, looked factory Lexus.. I'm trying to find a good used set here in Canada, it sucks up here to buy anything for a decent price !!