DIY: 3GS Water Pump Replacement (***with pics***) - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011)
DIY: 3GS Water Pump Replacement (***with pics***) >

DIY: 3GS Water Pump Replacement (***with pics***)

Notices
GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

DIY: 3GS Water Pump Replacement (***with pics***)

Old 05-16-17, 04:18 PM
b0ssGS350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sgfierros View Post
A huge thanks to the OP and for the great info posted in this thread. Swapped out the wp on my 07 GS450h. A heads up to those looking to do this on theirs, get the right belt as it's different(shorter) than the GS350 and you DO NOT need the idler pulley. The 450h doesn't have it as there is also no alternator. I also had issues with the o-ring on the water inlet housing. The one included with my waterpump was slightly missized and I ended up having to get a universal one to replace. Also for those thinking not to drain their coolant, it can be done but will be unnecessarily messy. If I were to do it again, I would just drain off a good portion of the coolant to simplify things. Hope this helps someone and thanks again guys!

-Steve
Can you list the parts you got and where you ordered from? i have an 07 GS350, I need replace my WP as soon as i order all the needed parts. thanks
Old 05-18-17, 04:09 AM
Sgfierros
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by b0ssGS350 View Post
Can you list the parts you got and where you ordered from? i have an 07 GS350, I need replace my WP as soon as i order all the needed parts. thanks
Refer to the beginning of this thread. All the parts are listed there. Mine are different as I have the hybrid model.
Old 12-03-17, 12:45 PM
ez12a
Driver

Made a video of this procedure. Hope this helps someone!
The Following User Says Thank You to ez12a For This Useful Post:
sha4000 (12-05-17)
Old 02-22-18, 10:30 AM
IcyBishop
Rookie

This thread was a great help, thanks!

Does anyone have the number of just the water inlet gasket that goes on the tube up top near the radiator cap? After two weeks I sprung a leak there and bought a box of random o-rings from the auto store. So far the one I found that fit is working, but for peace of mind I'd like to know the official number in case it leaks again.
Old 02-22-18, 01:18 PM
DEONDRE
Driver School Candidate

Very helpful!
Old 03-18-18, 04:50 PM
XSV
Lead Lap

finally did this on my 08 is250. I did the fill and drain method. I tired to do the fill and replace method but when I checked the level, no fluid came out so I had to add more fluid and then drain the excess. I used a scan gauge II tool and did the drain at 102 degrees until the flow was a thin stream and then I replaced the plug.
Old 04-28-18, 01:27 PM
hatbe
Driver School Candidate

Great info and very helpful for me

Thanks,

-hb

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: 3GS Water Pump Replacement (***with pics***)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: