GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

XM / HD Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 01:31 PM
smilepak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM / HD Radio

Hi,

I have a 2008 Lexus GS 350 w/ standard Nav & Stereo package. No ML i don't believe. I do have Sirus Radio...(In Greater LA area, this sucks, it cuts out on every overpass I go under)

Any recommendation on how to switch over to XM and if added bonus have HD radio as well?

1) No Radio Feq type device
2) No using AUX cable...

How easy is it to remove unit and swap it? And what to swap with?
Old 07-17-13, 03:43 PM
bklynjoker
Rookie

I canceled my SiriusXM and started using the tape deck ask aux which is MUCH louder the any audio we have. downloaded the Sirius app(iphone) and i make emails for their 30day trial. Free Sirius :-)
I personally never heard of US having HD options- I know they sell HD head units, maybe they created a HD brain that ties in somehow
Old 07-17-13, 04:56 PM
huyqly
Driver

Originally Posted by smilepak
Hi,

I have a 2008 Lexus GS 350 w/ standard Nav & Stereo package. No ML i don't believe. I do have Sirus Radio...(In Greater LA area, this sucks, it cuts out on every overpass I go under)

Any recommendation on how to switch over to XM and if added bonus have HD radio as well?

2) No using AUX cable...

I thought xm and Sirius xm is the same now? I had xm in my truck and after market Siriusxm in my 300 reception seems to be the same, under bridge or in parking garage it cuts out.
Old 07-18-13, 01:22 PM
smilepak
Driver

Sirus and XM have different channels. Some channels or stations are exclusive to them. For example KIIS is only available in XM and Not Sirius.

Which is dumb because they have merged for many years now. Don't understand why they can't combine the service.
Old 07-18-13, 08:46 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynjoker
I canceled my SiriusXM and started using the tape deck ask aux which is MUCH louder the any audio we have. downloaded the Sirius app(iphone) and i make emails for their 30day trial. Free Sirius :-)
I personally never heard of US having HD options- I know they sell HD head units, maybe they created a HD brain that ties in somehow
You can put the code in from your car and use the 30-day trial too, can you not? I have the unit, but don't have the service.

Also, to the OP, are you talking about adding a Sirius XM Radio system to your car? Because this is an add-on with the Sirius box and all. You don't change out your head unit..... Or I don't believe you do.

You MAY, however, have to switch out your radio's harness that goes towards the rear.
Old 07-21-13, 02:28 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smilepak
Hi,

2) No using AUX cable...

XM and Sirus have been the same company for a while and both send a signal from a satellite. Therefore it doesn't matter who you use if you don't have line of sight with the satellite it's going to cut out.
Old 11-14-13, 01:50 PM
KMAI0605
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YaMomma
XM and Sirus have been the same company for a while and both send a signal from a satellite. Therefore it doesn't matter who you use if you don't have line of sight with the satellite it's going to cut out.
yup true story anytime there's something blocking the signal it will cut out. Even a cloud could cause it to cut out.