GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-17, 11:46 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by XJSFan
No I could not. I think I was a few inches short of touching the plug.
Dam so no matter what I will need an endoscope to get things done and be able to see it mandatory?
Old 08-23-17, 05:22 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

No I could not. I think I was a few inches short of touching the plug.
Well in that case I just ordered of those phone compatible endoscopes. It was fairly cheap. It'll be in in a few days. I'll remain patient and keep the car parked up until that gets here. I don't want to keep working blindly. XJSFan thank you for your tips man.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo993.jpg  
Old 08-24-17, 07:08 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Doing this is a pain in the AZZ...
Old 08-24-17, 09:05 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Doing this is a pain in the AZZ...
I'm confident I'll get it done. But the whole working without seeing is what gets me mad. So I ordered that camera and with that I should be able to get the job done easier then to just keep working and not seeing. It's just patience. I have it it'll get done. Quick question XJSFan ever since you unclog that drain, has the problem ever came back? The carpets stayed dry and no more wetness inside the cabin?
Old 08-24-17, 10:37 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

So far everything is dry but I have not driven that car much.
Old 08-25-17, 04:55 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

So far everything is dry but I have not driven that car much.
I just want to hear more happy members after doing this lol. I haven't touched the car at all just been parked. It's Friday today. The endoscope should be here Monday. So I should have the job done by Tuesday. Ima lift the car up and patiently inspect for that plug. Once I locate it ima back up and come back to it thinking clearly how ima pull it off. I shouldn't have a problem. If that tool helps me visually see it I'll take care of the rest. Can't wait to dry up those carpets. I was contemplating on buying new all black oem Lexus carpets with the gold emblems to match my leather. Good thing I didn't. They would of got destroyed. I'll let you know asap when I get the endoscope. I'll try to post a clear picture of the plug and all the info on items bought from eBay if anyone needs it as well. GodBless you all.
Old 08-25-17, 10:34 AM
Milonga
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
I just want to hear more happy members after doing this lol. I haven't touched the car at all just been parked. It's Friday today. The endoscope should be here Monday. So I should have the job done by Tuesday. Ima lift the car up and patiently inspect for that plug. Once I locate it ima back up and come back to it thinking clearly how ima pull it off. I shouldn't have a problem. If that tool helps me visually see it I'll take care of the rest. Can't wait to dry up those carpets. I was contemplating on buying new all black oem Lexus carpets with the gold emblems to match my leather. Good thing I didn't. They would of got destroyed. I'll let you know asap when I get the endoscope. I'll try to post a clear picture of the plug and all the info on items bought from eBay if anyone needs it as well. GodBless you all.
Good luck brother and keep us updated
Old 08-26-17, 06:46 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

Someone should make a video on how to pop that sucker out to make it easier on us.
Old 08-26-17, 08:57 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Just got the endoscope today. Wow came 2 days early. I'm so happy. I'm just charging it up right now. Got it off eBay for like $24 brand new. Here's a pic of it and a screenshot of a pic while I was using the actual endoscope so you guys get an idea of the quality of the images it produces. Soon as it hits full charge I'm going outside and lifting the car up to find that plug. And when I do ima take clear pics of it so you guys can see what your actually looking for. Tty soon! GodBless
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo85.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo399.jpg   ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo249.jpg  
Old 08-26-17, 11:38 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

OK so turn of events. The one I ordered off eBay went bad after the first try. IDK the screen stay Grey. Like no signal with camera. Only thing else I haven't ruled out is that I started using it after I got it out the box and didn't charge it completely. Maybe that's what went wrong. I'll confirm that in a few hours. Either how I went to HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS and spent like $60 with a 40%off coupon. I'm DRIVEN to get this done. Let's go! GodBless you all.
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo81.jpg  
Old 08-26-17, 01:38 PM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Hope it works out for you. That inspection camera looks like the one I used.
Old 08-26-17, 04:55 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

My friend what a tough little plug to get to!! Literally spent the whole day but nothing. Tomorrow I will succeed. I had too many distractions around me and all I had was screwdrivers. Ima go get long pliers with tip angles from my dad's garage. At least I located it today. Tomorrow I'll try to pull out as much of it as I can win the long pliers. I hope the pliers really work for me. I won't stop until I get it. I'll keep you guys posted. The camera from HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS is great btw. GodBless everyone
Old 08-26-17, 05:45 PM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Great job, almost there. Did you poke at it and get any water out? I Was able to poke a large hole in it and water flows, I did not pull it out. I did see a little water under the car yesterday after letting it idle for 5 minutes while adjusting my left low headlight beam.
Old 08-27-17, 08:07 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Great job, almost there. Did you poke at it and get any water out? I Was able to poke a large hole in it and water flows, I did not pull it out. I did see a little water under the car yesterday after letting it idle for 5 minutes while adjusting my left low headlight beam.
Hey XJSFan I'm going to get dressed and tackle that now. Yes I managed to Stab it a few times with a small screwdriver but that was ineffective to me. I want that whole thing out and removed TODAY. I want to restore my car back to luxury and not a wet sewer lol. I'm going to go get multiple long tip nose pliers from my garage. I'll get back to you guys soon. GodBless you all
Old 08-27-17, 08:46 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Man I'm bringing every tool in the book that's long and that'll give me leverage to pull that sucker out today!!!!
Attached Thumbnails ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***-photo25.jpg  

Quick Reply: ***Easy Fix For The Clogged AC Drain***