GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Rear headrest

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-13, 07:49 PM
chrislha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear headrest

Can any of you tell me how to remove the rear headrest on the 3GS? Long story short, it has a deep indentation from a car seat. I also need to know where I can find the OEM headrest.
Old 05-28-13, 12:30 AM
endlesslex
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chrislha
Can any of you tell me how to remove the rear headrest on the 3GS? Long story short, it has a deep indentation from a car seat. I also need to know where I can find the OEM headrest.
i have tan one forsell... ..
Old 05-28-13, 08:21 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 740 Likes on 638 Posts

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_r...temCondition=4
Old 05-28-13, 08:30 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

you can buy them new here or probably cheaper at Sewell. imo ebay is probably the best because i wouldnt pay that for a headrest.
Old 06-17-13, 06:14 AM
elvin6188
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

any ideal where to get head rest with monitor , thanks
Old 06-18-13, 06:19 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just made the same mistake with mine... I only had the car seat in with the headrest for like a week but when I decided to remove the headrest because I noticed how stupidly I tightened the top tether and it was crushing it... well, it was crushed good... I am waiting to see if it can still spring back on it's own. If it doesn't, I decided not to care... this car is getting to the point where I'm past caring. :P

You just press the tab at the bottom of one of the posts and pull it up until it comes out. It will hit the ceiling of the car but just keep pulling.
Old 06-27-13, 10:42 PM
chrislha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I just made the same mistake with mine... I only had the car seat in with the headrest for like a week but when I decided to remove the headrest because I noticed how stupidly I tightened the top tether and it was crushing it... well, it was crushed good... I am waiting to see if it can still spring back on it's own. If it doesn't, I decided not to care... this car is getting to the point where I'm past caring. :P

You just press the tab at the bottom of one of the posts and pull it up until it comes out. It will hit the ceiling of the car but just keep pulling.
Thanks for the info. I am also waiting to see if it can spring back by itself which may takes a long time. I did try to pull it up and it did hit the ceiling and still won't come out. May be i'll try a little harder.
Old 06-28-13, 07:28 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

you might have to take the back seat out, start with bottom half, then pull the backseat off with a few bolts. it's a bit of a PITA but it's probably how you take out the rear headrests. GL!
Old 06-28-13, 08:31 AM
BinaryJay

Originally Posted by chrislha
Thanks for the info. I am also waiting to see if it can spring back by itself which may takes a long time. I did try to pull it up and it did hit the ceiling and still won't come out. May be i'll try a little harder.
It took a long time but mine sprang back to 90-95% of the original shape so far... leather is a little bit worse for wear in the area where the strap was cinched down.

It hits the ceiling, just keep pulling up and out - it's 99% of the way there by the time it touches the ceiling... you won't damage anything.
Old 06-28-13, 08:32 AM
BinaryJay

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
you might have to take the back seat out, start with bottom half, then pull the backseat off with a few bolts. it's a bit of a PITA but it's probably how you take out the rear headrests. GL!
I definitely did not have to do this. Just hold the tab on the post down and pull up and out and it comes out. It does need to press into the ceiling but only slightly, at first I wasn't sure but I just kept pulling and it popped out and I didn't get to the point where I was really worried about forcing anything.

Just squish the top of the headrest down a bit with your free hand as well, it might help... it's just foam, so compress it.
Old 06-28-13, 09:11 PM
LexToy3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed as stated above. Took out the interior of my car and the rear headrests were the first things to be removed. Pulling it forward a little helps too.
Old 06-28-13, 09:19 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I definitely did not have to do this. Just hold the tab on the post down and pull up and out and it comes out. It does need to press into the ceiling but only slightly, at first I wasn't sure but I just kept pulling and it popped out and I didn't get to the point where I was really worried about forcing anything.

Just squish the top of the headrest down a bit with your free hand as well, it might help... it's just foam, so compress it.
ahh! thanks for clarifying

I never found a reason to take my rear headrests out, only thing I can do at the moment is suggest.