GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

4300k LED fog lambs

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 12:13 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by YaMomma
Everyone's entitled to there opinion but most online company's deduct the cost of shipping when the return is the result of user error. Why should XenonDepot endure an additional cost related to your mistake? If all you lost was shipping cost you should be happy because some company's also charge a restocking fee.

Online ordering may not be for you Diesel
I don't believe all fault should be placed on me for ordering the wrong item, aside from that there were other issues with the order and the way it was handled. Bottom line is the customer service I experienced by this company was way below par. I've ordered from other direct competitors of XenonDepot and have never experienced such bad customer service. I thought I'd give XenonDepot a try since they seem to have good prices but it was nothing but a nightmare and regret giving them a try.
Old 03-04-14, 12:26 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, to get this thread back on track, can XenonDepot give me a link to the fog light HID conversion kit - I have a 2008 GS350. I read in your post the LED upgrade would get me close in color of the low beams, but I would lose intensity; which is something I definitely don't want... Sorry if you posted it already, but I wanted to make sure I get the correct link for my vehicle...Thanks in advance!
Old 03-04-14, 01:00 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I don't believe all fault should be placed on me for ordering the wrong item, aside from that there were other issues with the order and the way it was handled. Bottom line is the customer service I experienced by this company was way below par. I've ordered from other direct competitors of XenonDepot and have never experienced such bad customer service. I thought I'd give XenonDepot a try since they seem to have good prices but it was nothing but a nightmare and regret giving them a try.
Fair enough if you had other problems then I understand your frustration. I personally haven't had any issues with them.

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Ok, to get this thread back on track, can XenonDepot give me a link to the fog light HID conversion kit - I have a 2008 GS350. I read in your post the LED upgrade would get me close in color of the low beams, but I would lose intensity; which is something I definitely don't want... Sorry if you posted it already, but I wanted to make sure I get the correct link for my vehicle...Thanks in advance!
Below is what I purchased for my GS just remember to select the 9006 bulbs. I didn't go the most cost effective route, I selected the more expensive ballast and Phillip bulbs but its an exact match to the OEM HID low beams.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme-Dig...-p/xtp-hid.htm

Here are all the options that will fit a GS to my knowledge.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HID-K...neBy_1434=7344

Remember to use discount code "CL" and save yourself $25!!
Old 03-04-14, 10:04 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Fair enough if you had other problems then I understand your frustration. I personally haven't had any issues with them.

Below is what I purchased for my GS just remember to select the 9006 bulbs. I didn't go the most cost effective route, I selected the more expensive ballast and Phillip bulbs but its an exact match to the OEM HID low beams

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme-Dig...-p/xtp-hid.htm

Here are all the options that will fit a GS to my knowledge.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HID-K...neBy_1434=7344

Remember to use discount code "CL" and save yourself $25!!
YaMomma, Just to be clear, of the two links you provided, which ones are for the fog lights?? I noticed one of the links was $199, I'm guessing those are the headlights?? The other was for $159 (Fog lights??) Just want to make sure I get the right ones.

If I were to go to the D4S 6000K's for headlights, would I then need to change my fog lights to match again?? Do they make the fog lights in 6000K?? Sorry for the questions, but this is my first Lexus and I'm not up on the lingo and upgrades just yet!! My last question is day time running lights, what are people recommending for these - what looks good?? Does anyone have pictures of a full upgraded setup (headlight, fog lights, and DRLs??)

Last edited by Kuleaze; 03-04-14 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-05-14, 07:46 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Kuleaze:

Upgrading your fog lights with an LED bulb will only be a cosmetic upgrade - not a functional one. Your vehicle uses a 9006 bulb for the fog lights, meaning that you would need to order a 9006 HID conversion kit:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HID-Kits-s/10080.htm

If you are planning on leaving your low beams stock, then I would go with a 4300k HID kit in the fogs. However, if you're planning on upgrading your low beams to D4S 6000k, then definitely go with a matching colour temperature (kelvin) HID kit.

Steve

Last edited by XenonDepot; 03-06-14 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-14, 08:57 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Well, I woke up this morning to see we got 3 more inches of snow!! This is starting to get ridiculous!! I'll need to wait and find out what headlights are installed. I just bought the car 9 days ago; I don't want to order 6000K bulbs to find out they're already installed. Once I have this info, I can make a better decision... I'll PM you Steve once I have this info... Thanks for your response!!
Old 03-05-14, 09:48 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Sounds good.

How do you plan on confirming what colour temperature bulbs are in the headlights though? Not all bulbs have the kelvin rating indicated on the base. Do you know for sure that the bulbs are aftermarket?

Steve
Old 03-05-14, 09:58 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

I don't know if they're aftermarket, but I should be able to pull one of them and visually inspect it yes?? There's going to be some sort of part number stamped on the bulb - I'm guessing!
Old 03-05-14, 10:24 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

If it's OEM - not always the case with aftermarket.

Steve
Old 03-05-14, 11:43 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

If I wanted to get real technical, in the event I can't figure it out after visual inspection, I could always use a light meter..
Old 03-05-14, 11:57 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Kuleaze:

Upgrading your fog lights with an LED bulb will only be a cosmetic upgrade - not a functional one. Your vehicle uses a 9006 bulb for the low beams, meaning that you would need to order a 9006 HID conversion kit:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HID-Kits-s/10080.htm

If you are planning on leaving your low beams stock, then I would go with a 4300k HID kit in the fogs. However, if you're planning on upgrading your low beams to D4S 6000k, then definitely go with a matching colour temperature (kelvin) HID kit.

Steve
Careful there Steve, I know you're a busy man, but I'd like to clarify you mean 9006 bulbs for the foglights, not low beams. the low beams use D4S bulbs LOL!

If I wanted to get real technical, in the event I can't figure it out after visual inspection, I could always use a light meter..
Unfortunately, nowadays marketing hype really puts the color spectrum off a little bit when regarding HID bulbs (from what I've seen in many diff companies). 8k from one company may look like 10k for another... So going by whats said on the bulb isn't really gonna get you a close color match.

I'd say, according to popular demand, you have a few color trends that are sold:

3000k: YELLOW
4300k: VANILLAish WHITE (can't explain a very light hint of yellow any other way)
5000k: PURE WHITE
6000k: LAVENDERish WHITE (I can't explain a very light hint of blue any other way)
8000k: ICE BLUE
10000k: DARK BLUE/PURPLE

Then you've got oddball colors like pink & green.
Old 03-05-14, 01:54 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Careful there Steve, I know you're a busy man, but I'd like to clarify you mean 9006 bulbs for the foglights, not low beams. the low beams use D4S bulbs LOL!

Unfortunately, nowadays marketing hype really puts the color spectrum off a little bit when regarding HID bulbs (from what I've seen in many diff companies). 8k from one company may look like 10k for another... So going by whats said on the bulb isn't really gonna get you a close color match.

I'd say, according to popular demand, you have a few color trends that are sold:

3000k: YELLOW
4300k: VANILLAish WHITE (can't explain a very light hint of yellow any other way)
5000k: PURE WHITE
6000k: LAVENDERish WHITE (I can't explain a very light hint of blue any other way)
8000k: ICE BLUE
10000k: DARK BLUE/PURPLE

Then you've got oddball colors like pink & green.
Going off your descriptions above, I'd say I probably already have the 6000K upgrade... They have a hint of blue. So, I probably only need to upgrade the fog lights... I do notice, once I hit the high beams, they're definitely a different color than the low beams; I take it that's normal??

The high beams are more of a 4300K - going off your description above... They definitely don't have that hint of blue like the low beams..
Old 03-05-14, 05:54 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

YaMomma, Just to be clear, of the two links you provided, which ones are for the fog lights?? I noticed one of the links was $199, I'm guessing those are the headlights?? The other was for $159 (Fog lights??) Just want to make sure I get the right ones.

If I were to go to the D4S 6000K's for headlights, would I then need to change my fog lights to match again?? Do they make the fog lights in 6000K?? Sorry for the questions, but this is my first Lexus and I'm not up on the lingo and upgrades just yet!! My last question is day time running lights, what are people recommending for these - what looks good?? Does anyone have pictures of a full upgraded setup (headlight, fog lights, and DRLs??)
Both the links i posted were 9006 Fog Light HID kits. The first link is what I purchased, its $199 because i went with Phillip bulbs ($45 more) and 9006 / HB4 Xtreme Digital HID ballast. The 2nd link gives you the option between Xtreme Digital HID and Volt HID Digital ballast. I don't know if there is truly a difference between the two kits but I had to go the Xtreme route since I wanted 4300k Phillip bulbs.

Your high beams are a halogen bulb and probably somewhere around 3500k - 4000k.
Old 03-05-14, 07:16 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Both the links i posted were 9006 Fog Light HID kits. The first link is what I purchased, its $199 because i went with Phillip bulbs ($45 more) and 9006 / HB4 Xtreme Digital HID ballast. The 2nd link gives you the option between Xtreme Digital HID and Volt HID Digital ballast. I don't know if there is truly a difference between the two kits but I had to go the Xtreme route since I wanted 4300k Phillip bulbs.

Your high beams are a halogen bulb and probably somewhere around 3500k - 4000k.
Good to know, like you, I'll probably go the $199 route... Do they come with full installation instructions? I'm guessing this is a simple plug-n-play - no special modifications right? I read a little bit of the info and it sounds like you just take out the old, connect the new wires to the existing connectors and attached the bulb, yes?
Old 03-05-14, 09:02 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Going off your descriptions above, I'd say I probably already have the 6000K upgrade... They have a hint of blue. So, I probably only need to upgrade the fog lights... I do notice, once I hit the high beams, they're definitely a different color than the low beams; I take it that's normal??

The high beams are more of a 4300K - going off your description above... They definitely don't have that hint of blue like the low beams..
Your high beams are 9005, they come as normal bulbs OEM. They look like that factory regular bulb yellow.

To confirm this, You turn on your high beams and walk outside.

FOR REFERENCE ONLY:

THE HIGH BEAM COLOR SHOULD ONLY LOOK LIKE THIS:

You CAN upgrade to an HID kit for your high beams, but that's a whole nother story..... PM me if you're interested in attempting that upgrade.

Foglights, follow the member above.

Quick Reply: 4300k LED fog lambs