GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Took my car to Toyota for oil change and they damaged my front lip.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-13, 07:34 AM
02msmg3
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Took my car to Toyota for oil change and they damaged my front lip.....

Took my car in to Toyota dealership for a synthetic oil change waited for lil more than an hour then I get my car back... Drive out no big deal, something told me to pull over and check out my kit and check for damages, sure enough my front kit was cracked damaged in a couple places, you could see smudge and hand prints on both fenders from where they tried to lift up the car (probably after it was damaged) I drove the car back in and the service manager tells me some bul**** about lower cars blah blah blah then I show him the hand prints and smudge marks on my fenders where the techs lifted up the car after the damage happend. He admits and says they must have done it and appologises , he says i can bring the car back and he'll have it repainted there. Well I don't trust that dealer now because they never told me about the damage before I found it, then tried to tell me the car is lowered and must have happend before. Has this or something like this happend to anyone before, and should I call corporate and try to get it resolved or any other suggestions besides contacting the same dealer that damaged it?? Really don't want to deal w them, they lost my business
Old 04-12-13, 08:34 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

happens all the time but usually when people go to lexus and let them wash the car after service. always see stories about messing up the wheels and/or kit.

your lucky he admitted to it because technically once you drive off the lot they can claim it happened when you left (even though thats not the right thing to do, but it happens all the time). also do a walk around before you leave any dealer after service.
Old 04-12-13, 08:43 AM
SVance23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had that happen to me before. Honestly if you think they can fix it I would let them fix it and then never deal with them again. Either way you want to look at it it needs to be fixed. Might as well keep your money in your pocket. But sorry to hear that!!!
Old 04-12-13, 09:42 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

I've had this happen on numerous occasions. I've been fortunate that on every occasion, the dealer made things right and fixed the problem. On one occasion, the service manager actually came and found me in the waiting room and admitted that their techs damaged my bumper.
Old 04-13-13, 09:26 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i hear worse story, some guy drop off his Mercedes off for service the next day his SA called him saying all 4 of his wheels had been stolen and left with a car on brick

and even the car is still in the dealer the dealer doesn't take any responsibility on this...

for pass few wheels the dealer actually moved the car to some off lot and left it alone

the dealer gave him a invoice for all 4 brand new rims and tires if he is interested in it
Old 04-13-13, 09:53 PM
LexFather

I honestly have no idea if Toyota corporate will get too involved, good question. Good luck.
Old 04-14-13, 09:54 AM
FNR32
Driver School Candidate

Toyota corporate will likely not get involved. There isn't much they can actually do since the dealer is likely not owner by Toyota Corporate. You could call and file a formal complaint, but your time would be better spent just trying to find a shop you feel comfortable with to repair your car and work with the dealer on paying for it.

Your other option is to file a claim under your own insurance policy, have the car repaired at the shop of your choosing (if the dealer won't play ball with letting you get it fixed someplace else). After the repairs are done, your insurance company will subrogate against the dealer and recover the costs included your deductible (but the subrogation process can take a while).