GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

So, I did something about my seat cushion (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-13, 02:35 PM
dzell81
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks GS350 Lexus - just made the order. I think it will be well worth it.
Old 04-29-13, 02:49 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the seat cover removal the same on both sides? in my 08 the cover is attached to the seat frame with a little leather grommet on the door side, close to the seat belt. Was that on yours? I am wondering if there is also one on the center console side?
Old 04-30-13, 11:32 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Just finished mine, feels a lot better. At 118,000 miles the seat coolers are 100% improved.
Old 04-30-13, 12:22 PM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos236
Just finished mine, feels a lot better. At 118,000 miles the seat coolers are 100% improved.
Awesome. Totally changes the experience.

Did you run into any real challenges?
Old 04-30-13, 12:39 PM
MCCR
Driver

just wondering if you can make your own seat cushion. i've redone interior before(my brother did for me), just seems like a lot of $$$ for foam cushion. but you know what they say? "more cushion for the pushin"
Old 04-30-13, 04:35 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great job and great write up
Old 05-01-13, 07:57 PM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MCCR
just wondering if you can make your own seat cushion. i've redone interior before(my brother did for me), just seems like a lot of $$$ for foam cushion. but you know what they say? "more cushion for the pushin"
You could, but you would likely lose a great deal of efficiency in the seat ventilation system.

I guess I should add that I was considering inserting a piece of 1/4 inch memory foam onto the top for more 'luxury'. After I test fitted it, the leather didn't fit right.
Honestly, the cushion is worth every penny. The leather cover is a wonderfully crafted piece, and these seats are well engineered. The cushions are supple, and thats why they compress over time. I guess I only have my own fat *** to blame.
Old 05-01-13, 08:57 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone has to do a DIY of how to remove it, I am clueless how to even remove it.
Old 05-02-13, 09:59 AM
MCCR
Driver

Originally Posted by Simmsled
You could, but you would likely lose a great deal of efficiency in the seat ventilation system.

I guess I should add that I was considering inserting a piece of 1/4 inch memory foam onto the top for more 'luxury'. After I test fitted it, the leather didn't fit right.
Honestly, the cushion is worth every penny. The leather cover is a wonderfully crafted piece, and these seats are well engineered. The cushions are supple, and thats why they compress over time. I guess I only have my own fat *** to blame.
HAHA-right on man. I see your point. I felt my drive seat compared to my passenger seat and could tell a big difference. I'll do my driver side. passenger side I won't until it is completely uncomfortable as whomever is riding shotgun already has the luxury of not driving and just chilling.
Old 05-03-13, 10:01 AM
LexusFan09
Rookie

WOW I want to try this so bad im im afraid of messing something up lol
Old 05-08-13, 09:59 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Simm or Chaos,
I did a test run, removed all the moldings and the screws from rear seat, I noticed that the leather cover stretched back toward the seatbelt on the drivers side, it is held in with some kind of button/grommet. Not sure what year your GS's are, was your seat cover attached the same way? If so I have 2 quesitons, how did you remove the button/grommet and is the console side the same?

I plan on tackling the job this weekend and just want to be prepared.
Old 05-08-13, 11:59 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PeteinPA
Simm or Chaos,
I did a test run, removed all the moldings and the screws from rear seat, I noticed that the leather cover stretched back toward the seatbelt on the drivers side, it is held in with some kind of button/grommet. Not sure what year your GS's are, was your seat cover attached the same way? If so I have 2 quesitons, how did you remove the button/grommet and is the console side the same?

I plan on tackling the job this weekend and just want to be prepared.
Can you post a pic?

Yes, just as it is on the opposite side of the seat belt, there is a plastic push keeper on the seat belt side. To access it, you have to move the seat backward and adjust the angle up.

It's not hard, just have to be patient with it and take your time.
Old 05-09-13, 01:01 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Simm, here is the pic. Took it with my Iphone so sorry for the poor quality. Hope his works.
So, I did something about my seat cushion (lots of pics)-seat.jpg
Old 05-09-13, 05:40 PM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

OK figured out the buttons, Simm one last question, how did you remove the wire that comes through the rear of the seat and attachs to the heater? I appreciate the help I am almost there.
Old 05-10-13, 06:33 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Figured out the wire, I am now DONE! Like Simm said patience and time. Seat feels like new. Thanks for the help. Now on to brakes.

Quick Reply: So, I did something about my seat cushion (lots of pics)