GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

help any aftermarket intakes gs300

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-13, 11:41 AM
LexToy3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, have you done any exhaust upgrades YoMomma?
Old 06-24-13, 07:48 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LexToy3
Agreed, have you done any exhaust upgrades YoMomma?
Thanks, no exhaust upgrades yet, with the exception of an intake the car is stock. I purchased it about a month ago but I plan on doing something with the exhaust in the next few months.
Old 11-15-13, 10:20 AM
MylexGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to get a exhaust for my gs, but dont know which would be the best hks or what????? does anyone know a good one to use with my typhoon intake...

Last edited by MylexGS350; 11-15-13 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-23-13, 01:54 PM
supags
Driver

I'm thinking of this DC sports air take, but I wanted to know if we would we get any error codes on dash once installed? I just want to make sure and if it worth it?

thanks,
Old 12-23-13, 08:51 PM
YaMomma
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by supags
I'm thinking of this DC sports air take, but I wanted to know if we would we get any error codes on dash once installed? I just want to make sure and if it worth it?

thanks,
I had no error codes, if memory serves me correctly the K&N intake would give an error code due to the filters oil being sucked into the intake. The DC intake doesn't have that problem BUT I'm not positive it does a good job of keeping fine particles out of the throttle body.

I changed my spark plugs a month ago and removed the intake to complete the job. In doing so I noticed a fine film of dirt inside of the throttle body that wasn't there before. I did some research and found quite a few people complaining about after market intakes not doing a good job of cleaning the air coming into the car. So you will get better air flow but it comes at a cost. Granted I've put an after market intake in all of my cars and never had any long term problems but it was a gamble I didn't want to take with a Lexus.

The problem could also be related to DC using a cheap filter but once again I didn't want to gamble. I thought about getting a JoeZ intake pipe with a K&N filter but as of yet I haven't convinced myself that it's worth it. If we could tune our cars I would feel differently but since we can't I don't want to do anything that could jeopardize the longevity of the car.
Old 12-24-13, 06:00 AM
supags
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by YaMomma
I had no error codes, if memory serves me correctly the K&N intake would give an error code due to the filters oil being sucked into the intake. The DC intake doesn't have that problem BUT I'm not positive it does a good job of keeping fine particles out of the throttle body.

I changed my spark plugs a month ago and removed the intake to complete the job. In doing so I noticed a fine film of dirt inside of the throttle body that wasn't there before. I did some research and found quite a few people complaining about after market intakes not doing a good job of cleaning the air coming into the car. So you will get better air flow but it comes at a cost. Granted I've put an after market intake in all of my cars and never had any long term problems but it was a gamble I didn't want to take with a Lexus.

The problem could also be related to DC using a cheap filter but once again I didn't want to gamble. I thought about getting a JoeZ intake pipe with a K&N filter but as of yet I haven't convinced myself that it's worth it. If we could tune our cars I would feel differently but since we can't I don't want to do anything that could jeopardize the longevity of the car.

good point. I was actually going to buy JoeZ from local person here in Canada but I forget for some reason it doesnt fit the 06 gs the pipe would not fit. I might just hold off
Old 01-08-14, 01:33 PM
msequence
Rookie

Originally Posted by supags
good point. I was actually going to buy JoeZ from local person here in Canada but I forget for some reason it doesnt fit the 06 gs the pipe would not fit. I might just hold off

Canadian Gs 300 are AWD, midpipes are designed only to fit RWD. Will require some decent modification to the pipes to fit but it yields wonders. I have the moded invidia midpipe on my AWD lexus. Best investment ever. Had a DC sports intake and they fail terribly on the mount weld. Piece of ****. People watch out as the weld breaks off and creates a hole that will trigger a CEL. Went back to stock filter box and never looked back. Peace.