ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011-153/)
-   -   Rear sunshade not fully extending (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/658943-rear-sunshade-not-fully-extending.html)

Falcondrvr 10-06-12 11:43 AM

Rear sunshade not fully extending

Hey guys, first post. Got a 2006 GS300 a couple of months ago. Already had the rear floor wet problem. Thanks to all the great info here, I was able to get it repaired free at the dealer, even with 80K on the odometer...
So the car is my wife's daily driver, and today I get in it an notice the rear sunshade, which we leave in auto mode, isn't fully extending. It stops about halfway up. She said it started a couple of days ago.
I did a search and can't find any similar threads or posts...anyone know any quick fixes? I'm pretty good with the DIY stuff.
Thanks in advance.
Rick

HotShotEng 10-06-12 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Falcondrvr (Post 7526525)
Hey guys, first post. Got a 2006 GS300 a couple of months ago. Already had the rear floor wet problem. Thanks to all the great info here, I was able to get it repaired free at the dealer, even with 80K on the odometer...
So the car is my wife's daily driver, and today I get in it an notice the rear sunshade, which we leave in auto mode, isn't fully extending. It stops about halfway up. She said it started a couple of days ago.
I did a search and can't find any similar threads or posts...anyone know any quick fixes? I'm pretty good with the DIY stuff.
Thanks in advance.
Rick

If you can not determine if something is blocking or preventing the shade from full deploying, I attached the PDF file that shows how to remove the rear shade. Good luck:).

GS400GS350 06-23-19 06:02 AM

This follow up question is kind of late, but I have a 2007 GS350. A few months ago I noticed the rear shade suddenly stopped going all the way up, about 3/4s the way. I took it to the dealership which might have been a waste of time because the immediate response was to replace it after saying it could be this or that. If it didn't work at all that would be one thing. But it does go up and down, just not all the way up and it doesn't make any noise. Thoughts? Oh, and I looked at the PDF for how to remove. Nicely detailed but it's down and I'm not handy..��

mspearl95 06-23-19 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by GS400GS350 (Post 10548393)
This follow up question is kind of late, but I have a 2007 GS350. A few months ago I noticed the rear shade suddenly stopped going all the way up, about 3/4s the way. I took it to the dealership which might have been a waste of time because the immediate response was to replace it after saying it could be this or that. If it didn't work at all that would be one thing. But it does go up and down, just not all the way up and it doesn't make any noise. Thoughts? Oh, and I looked at the PDF for how to remove. Nicely detailed but it's down and I'm not handy..��

how does the assembly work? are there areas that could benefit from lubrication?

MX73 06-23-19 09:18 AM

The plastic gears are probably damaged and may need a rebuild.