GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What aftermarket Battery Should I Replace OEM with?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-12, 08:36 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Are you sure worker? I use the Yellow top in my vehicle, 2006 GS430. Like I said, you need to bend the terminals a bit to get them to fit right, but MAN do they perform well
Old 07-10-12, 09:05 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by worker
LOL! No wonder! I must have flipped my battery backwards!

These are hte only images I have of the battery at the moment:

Excuse the scratched up engine covers, my idiot body shop and quite possibly lexus kept throwing it around when they were doing maintanence/painting. The paint shop agreed to fix it soon, I just haven't had the time to bring it in. (the whole engine cover from left to right to the front all repainted any color i want FREE!)
Old 07-10-12, 09:36 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Cant go wrong with Interstate Batteries. Buy their best one, 85 months warranty. Besides, Lexus batteries ARE Interstate batteries.
Old 07-10-12, 10:20 PM
XxGoKoUxX

if lexus batteries are interstate batteries, then they are complete doodoo.... biggest waste of my (i believe) $250 I ever spent, that bit of credit lexus gave me went straight to waste =\
Old 07-11-12, 02:57 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus batteries are panasonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-12, 10:24 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexus battery or Optima Red is my vote.
Old 07-11-12, 12:23 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
Cant go wrong with Interstate Batteries. Buy their best one, 85 months warranty. Besides, Lexus batteries ARE Interstate batteries.
They are not Interstate like GS350Lexus says, they're Panasonic! I can confirm because I saw Panasonic as well on the battery as they pulled it out.

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Lexus batteries are panasonic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-12, 12:22 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Panasonic or not, Lexus batteries are doodoo LOL, I still stand by it till today!
Old 01-02-14, 02:06 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Dam.. I'm in this predicament myself. I have a 2001 GS430 completely stock. No modifications done electric wise.. I'm just looking for a strong dependable battery with great reliabilty. The one I have now is quite reliable but truthfully speaking, I've never heard of it lol. It's a strange name. It's SNOWING TERRIBLY outside if not I'd go check and take a pic for you guys.. Tomorrow before work I will... Anyhow, I called my local Lexus and he said the battery would cost $190 ALL TOGETHER WITH "LABOR".... I said HOLD UP... Take that labor fee off..... Can't believe they'd charge almost $80 to install a battery.. Such disrespect. Told me battery would be $115 with tax. 2 year full replacement, 3 year pro rated at 50%... Another choice I was looking at was Die Hard from my local Sears.. It's like $200 almost but I think it has 72 months full replacement and a crazy stupid CCA... If anybody has had the Die Hard one, the biggest one, it's silver, please share your experience! That's the one I'll most likely go with. Once I buy new battery, I'll post pics of old + new one.
Old 01-02-14, 05:22 PM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

The ~$200 Die Hard Platinum is a premium battery. High CCA, long life. I've used them in 2 of our other vehicles, replacing Optima Red and Yellow. The DH Plat provided better starts and recovery over the Optima. The Platinum is a rebranded Odyssey, which is often regarded as the best of the best. Sears also sells the Gold line which is an AGM, but fewer CCA and lesser warranty to the Platinum. When my GS needs a new battery, I'll be getting another DH Platinum.
Old 01-02-14, 05:49 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twylie
The ~$200 Die Hard Platinum is a premium battery. High CCA, long life. I've used them in 2 of our other vehicles, replacing Optima Red and Yellow. The DH Plat provided better starts and recovery over the Optima. The Platinum is a rebranded Odyssey, which is often regarded as the best of the best. Sears also sells the Gold line which is an AGM, but fewer CCA and lesser warranty to the Platinum. When my GS needs a new battery, I'll be getting another DH Platinum.
Thank you so much bro!!!! This helped allot.. I'm definitely going with the DH battery next... I will post a pic of the current battery I'm using. As it's very reliable thus till now, I wanna share it with the world. But thank you for convincing me! I will post pics soon and share my experience with that. I got the price on it, it's $220 after I talked him down from $243.. Smh. And the CCA was 850.

Last edited by aneidiaz; 01-02-14 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-02-14, 11:26 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys! As promised... here's a pic of the current battery I'm using.. if ANYBODY has used it or even heard of it before, plz share your experience.. it has been nothing but 100% reliable to me! I hope you guys recognize it. Here's the pic below...

What aftermarket Battery Should I Replace OEM with?-forumrunner_20140103_022537.png
Old 01-03-14, 04:09 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

No problem. I think the Optima batteries are decent, but maybe not as good as they used to be. I've had great experience with the Die Hard Platinum, and would prefer to pay more and not have to worry about it for another 6 or 7 years. When you replace the battery, be sure to clean your cable ends. There is some visible corrosion on your + terminal. I also use the felt washers and the red protective spray on our batteries and have never had corrosion issues.

I'm not familiar with that brand of battery, but if it's served you well it's done it's job.

With as extensive as the electric system in these cars is, I think it's worth ensuring that the car has a high quality battery.
Old 01-03-14, 12:53 PM
roland89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Xs power dry cell that's wat I have 10,000 earthquake amp with 13.5 jl work great
Old 01-03-14, 01:35 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by twylie
No problem. I think the Optima batteries are decent, but maybe not as good as they used to be. I've had great experience with the Die Hard Platinum, and would prefer to pay more and not have to worry about it for another 6 or 7 years. When you replace the battery, be sure to clean your cable ends. There is some visible corrosion on your + terminal. I also use the felt washers and the red protective spray on our batteries and have never had corrosion issues.

I'm not familiar with that brand of battery, but if it's served you well it's done it's job.

With as extensive as the electric system in these cars is, I think it's worth ensuring that the car has a high quality battery.
Me and you both bro! I totally agree. Quality is worth the cost. But not everybody thinks the same you know.

Quick Reply: What aftermarket Battery Should I Replace OEM with?