Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011)
What aftermarket Battery Should I Replace OEM with? >

What aftermarket Battery Should I Replace OEM with?

Notices
GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What aftermarket Battery Should I Replace OEM with?

Old 10-01-15, 06:28 PM
Bradlar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The dealer wants $165, the Toyota dealer wanted $180 for the Toyota version of the same battery. I am going to price one through Interstate dealer direct.
Not sure exactly which model it was, but I got an Interstate battery for a '03 GS430 a couple months back for ~$115 I believe, from Costco. It was the one recommended for that car according to the Interstate "battery book". Might want to check there if you have a membership.
Old 10-02-15, 07:49 AM
Dean2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bradlar View Post
Not sure exactly which model it was, but I got an Interstate battery for a '03 GS430 a couple months back for ~$115 I believe, from Costco. It was the one recommended for that car according to the Interstate "battery book". Might want to check there if you have a membership.
Thanks for the tip but Costco in Canada still sells Kirkland. Cehecked there yesterday and their price for the 24 series was $90. Problem is the measurements are off quite a bit which means it won't fit properly in the factory box. I am going to take the box with me when I go shopping and make sure I get hte exact right size.
Old 12-01-18, 11:30 AM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Thanks for the tip but Costco in Canada still sells Kirkland. Cehecked there yesterday and their price for the 24 series was $90. Problem is the measurements are off quite a bit which means it won't fit properly in the factory box. I am going to take the box with me when I go shopping and make sure I get hte exact right size.
Did anyone end up finding a Kirkland battery that is the correct dimensions? The group 24 battery is longer than the OEM battery in our 2011 GS350, in addition, the 24 is reverse polarity.

For anyone that has removed the battery box or cage, is it riveted on or just screwed on, can't really see the connectors without removing everything.
Old 12-01-18, 12:12 PM
Dean2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k View Post
Did anyone end up finding a Kirkland battery that is the correct dimensions? The group 24 battery is longer than the OEM battery in our 2011 GS350, in addition, the 24 is reverse polarity.

For anyone that has removed the battery box or cage, is it riveted on or just screwed on, can't really see the connectors without removing everything.
I did find a battery that fit at Costco just fine. It was one of their Kirkland series. I did not take the full battery box out, just the surround that goes around the outside of the battery. It made testing for fit and size real easy. SKU is 342242 KS
Old 12-01-18, 09:15 PM
alSpeed2k
Driver

I did find a battery that fit at Costco just fine. It was one of their Kirkland series. I did not take the full battery box out, just the surround that goes around the outside of the battery. It made testing for fit and size real easy. SKU is 342242 KS
Thanks, I had a tournament to attend to today but I'll go check it out tomorrow.
Old 12-01-18, 09:41 PM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Found this pic online, seems to be fitment code 27!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What aftermarket Battery Should I Replace OEM with?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: