GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Is there a consensus on F-Sport Sway Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 06:54 AM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I can say when I got my sways installed I already received the new bushings, the car rides a whole lot better. I have not heard any squeaking or creaking.
So you installed the F-sport sways in a previous 350? Doesn't the new F-Sport 350 have the F-sport sways already in it?????

"Enquiring minds want to know..."

Wanted to drive the new F-sport 350, but dealer wasn't too excited even though I was in our '09. Is it all it's cracked up to be? Ever driven an M5? Is it close?

In a few years, hope to find a '13 F-sport GS350.......

gatornapper
Old 03-08-13, 11:11 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by gatornappe
So you installed the F-sport sways in a previous 350? Doesn't the new F-Sport 350 have the F-sport sways already in it?????

"Enquiring minds want to know..."

Wanted to drive the new F-sport 350, but dealer wasn't too excited even though I was in our '09. Is it all it's cracked up to be? Ever driven an M5? Is it close?

In a few years, hope to find a '13 F-sport GS350.......

gatornapper
I had them installed on my GS 450h, yes the GS 350 F-Sport is all that it is worked up to be. I saw the sway bar in my new car it was about the same size as the F-Sport sway bar I purchased, maybe a little thicker. It is a car you need to test drive, the interior is was sold me as well.
Old 03-08-13, 04:17 PM
GatorNappr
Rookie

BB06 -

Gotcha. I did sit in the new F-sport GS350 and like you, loved the interior. As I never buy new, but always about 3 yrs. low mileage, still under factory warranty used, I'll be taking a serious search for an F-sport GS350 in about 3 years......

Great pic, BTW. I need to get a few of ours.

Our '03 GS300 had a great set of black pinstriping that the '09 screams for, so that will by my 2nd mod to the '09. Ran from the corner of the headlight/turnsignal module back over the door handles terminating just in front of the rear taillight. Really set off the beautiful lines of the car.....
Old 03-08-13, 04:19 PM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Default Rear Camber adjustment with F-sport sway bars?

One additional question on the F-sport sway bars.

Do I remember reading on another thread somewhere that the FS sway bars cause excessive wear on the rear tires and a camber adjustment is needed?
Old 03-08-13, 04:24 PM
07LXgs350
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

BB06 -

Gotcha. I did sit in the new F-sport GS350 and like you, loved the interior. As I never buy new, but always about 3 yrs. low mileage, still under factory warranty used, I'll be taking a serious search for an F-sport GS350 in about 3 years......

Our '03 GS300 had a great set of black pinstriping that the '09 screams for, so that will by my 2nd mod to the '09. Ran from the corner of the headlight/turnsignal module back over the door handles terminating just in front of the rear taillight. Really set off the beautiful lines of the car.....
Old 03-08-13, 05:24 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-08-13, 07:14 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

BB06 -

I suggest against this no offense, I think it messes with style of the GS, as many have said. Thanks on the pic I have a whole bunch, as there is bad weather I suggest when the weather is better def. take some pics of that GS. There is no problem going used, this is my first new car I have always gotten used CPO Lexus.

One additional question on the F-sport sway bars.
Do I remember reading on another thread somewhere that the FS sway bars cause excessive wear on the rear tires and a camber adjustment is needed?
I believe that is the F-Sport springs that create more wear on the tires can't recall, I had both and didn't see excessive wear.
Old 03-09-13, 05:23 AM
GatorNappr
Rookie

WOW! Would have never dreamed that simply suggesting some mild pinstriping would ever get such a response! Never!

Maybe you all think I'm talking about something major - I'm not. Just a very subtle two-line PS.....I'll have to take a few pics of our '03 to justify my thought, and it won't be here until tomorrow.....

The '03 came with the PS's (dealer installed?) and the '09 just looks plain naked without them because I am so used to the one's on the '03.....

Please reserve reactions until I get the pics posted....
Old 03-09-13, 06:47 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

WOW! Would have never dreamed that simply suggesting some mild pinstriping would ever get such a response! Never!

Maybe you all think I'm talking about something major - I'm not. Just a very subtle two-line PS.....I'll have to take a few pics of our '03 to justify my thought, and it won't be here until tomorrow.....

The '03 came with the PS's (dealer installed?) and the '09 just looks plain naked without them because I am so used to the one's on the '03.....

Please reserve reactions until I get the pics posted....
The pinstripes could be painted by Michaelangelo... they'd still get bad reactions here.

Pinstripes are a crime that should be punished with jail time.
Old 03-09-13, 12:29 PM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
Pinstripes are a crime that should be punished with jail time.
This, my good sir, is sig worthy.
Old 03-09-13, 05:21 PM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Simmsled
This, my good sir, is sig worthy.
MAN! Did I ever step in it! And I've been a GS owner for YEARS!

Message RECEIVED!

I repent in dust and ashes and sackcloth!

No, I don't. I love the subtle stripe on the '03........
Old 03-11-13, 07:06 AM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
Ok, looking closely at the lines on the 3rd Gen GS, I agree that there is no need for the pinstripes as the crease in the upper body corner satisfies the visual need for the line....

However, I still contest that it is needed on the 2nd Gen GS:

Old 03-11-13, 10:36 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To each their own, Gator...
Pin stripes, Landau tops, white walls, curb feelers, etc... all have a place in the world...
IMHO, none of them belong on a Lexus.
The most important thing is that the pin stripes work for YOU.

For example, I am a fan of what F Sport does for Lexus. It adds a different 'flavor' if you will to the brand.
I put the F Sport sways on, Continental DW tires with ISF wheels, & Stop Tech brake pads.
It changes the GS into a more aggressive sport touring car. Thats what "I" wanted.

BTW, perfect color choice for the GS if I say so myself. ;-)
Old 03-12-13, 10:52 AM
GatorNappr
Rookie

Simm -

Yup, different strokes for different folks - but I sure wouldn't put those subtle pinstripes on our old '03 any where near the category of white sidewalls, curb feelers, etc.!!! The '03 just didn't have an accent crease to set off its lines like the '09 does.....if they were bold pinstripes, or more of them, I'd agree. To me they are classy pinstripes. And on the car when we bought it. Just my thoughts........

Neighbor is a fellow Cayman owner, and he strongly suggested that I NOT put the F-Sport sway bars in the GS as it will soon be just my wife's car. So now I'm wavering. Not because I don't want the GS to handle much better, but because soon it won't be my main ride after I find the Cayman S that I want.

Another thought is I could get the sways (will put them in myself - have lift in my garage), and if they are too much for my wife, probably sell them for $100 less than what I pay for them.

Originally Posted by Simmsled
To each their own, Gator...
Pin stripes, Landau tops, white walls, curb feelers, etc... all have a place in the world...
IMHO, none of them belong on a Lexus.
The most important thing is that the pin stripes work for YOU.

For example, I am a fan of what F Sport does for Lexus. It adds a different 'flavor' if you will to the brand.
I put the F Sport sways on, Continental DW tires with ISF wheels, & Stop Tech brake pads.
It changes the GS into a more aggressive sport touring car. Thats what "I" wanted.

BTW, perfect color choice for the GS if I say so myself. ;-)
Old 03-12-13, 01:58 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Simm -

Yup, different strokes for different folks - but I sure wouldn't put those subtle pinstripes on our old '03 any where near the category of white sidewalls, curb feelers, etc.!!! The '03 just didn't have an accent crease to set off its lines like the '09 does.....if they were bold pinstripes, or more of them, I'd agree. To me they are classy pinstripes. And on the car when we bought it. Just my thoughts........

Neighbor is a fellow Cayman owner, and he strongly suggested that I NOT put the F-Sport sway bars in the GS as it will soon be just my wife's car. So now I'm wavering. Not because I don't want the GS to handle much better, but because soon it won't be my main ride after I find the Cayman S that I want.

Another thought is I could get the sways (will put them in myself - have lift in my garage), and if they are too much for my wife, probably sell them for $100 less than what I pay for them.
These sway bars will not offend your wife. It makes the car drive better, not worse. It's not like it will drive like it's on cut springs. It will feel like a stock car while driving straight, but the steering will feel better and it will feel "tighter" overall.

Quick Reply: Is there a consensus on F-Sport Sway Bars?