GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 gs350 daytime running lights/high beam bulb

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-12, 06:42 PM
Teddy350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently ordered a pair of Philips Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs for the high beams which have the tips of the bulb colored blue for that bluish look. I think these are going to be similar to the PIAA plasma spark blues I had on my 4Runner. I think they should do the job just fine. We'll see.
Old 05-19-12, 05:17 AM
j0emama
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008GSh
Lots of companies sell blue/white tinted Halogens, if you can't find them, then you aren't looking. Yes ALL of the OEM ones are yellow... We are all considering aftermarket options here.
Good luck, there are no white/blueish halogen bulbs.

Originally Posted by Teddy350
I recently ordered a pair of Philips Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs for the high beams which have the tips of the bulb colored blue for that bluish look. I think these are going to be similar to the PIAA plasma spark blues I had on my 4Runner. I think they should do the job just fine. We'll see.
There's barely any noticeable difference. The blue coating doesn't do much.
Old 05-19-12, 11:26 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008GSh
If you want your cake and eat it too... if you want DLR that work AND highbeams that are there when you need them.. And you don't want LEDs that are too dim on High Beam or HIDs that are (IMO) too bright on DLR then buy a pair of "blue" tint 9005 bulbs on ebay for <$5 and call it a day.

All of the other options have limitations...

For fhe fog lights I like the HID system that XxGoKo installed since these are either on or off and aren't need to "flash to pass" or anything else.
Ty

Originally Posted by j0emama
There are no "white" halogen lights, they are all yellowish. I've tried the best Philips (Crystal Vision Ultra) and Sylvania (SilverStar) and barely any difference for the $50+ they cost, not worth it. What most people have done is just had the dealer turn off they're DRLs all together.

If you go the LED route and give up your high beams, the OEM headlight color is 4300k, so the closest LED you can get to match would be 5000k, which is pure white.

**Note: When you headlights come on DRLs turn off and PARKING lights engage. Those can easily (and should be) changed out to LEDS.
And i've been in your boat j0e..... LOL, I've bought just about every bulb and settled for some ricer bulbs at the end to get that bit of bluish tint.

Agreed very much about swapping the bulbs to LEDs (the parking lights anyways), when I swapped out the old bulbs for LEDs, the plastic was all crunchy!!!! So do the swap very soon as the O.E. bulbs tend to dry out the pastic for the parking lights area.

Any type of LED will do the job, if you want pure white go with 5000k color. That's about as WHITE/CLEAR as it gets. A lot of people (including myself) use 6000k which has a "slight" blueish tint, but looks good.

If you want quality def. purchase them at: http://www.v-leds.com/ Go on their facebook page and look for coupon/discount codes.
omg omg omg If there's coupon codes i'm going shopping, at minimum $100 shopping ( I have a camry, honda odyssey, and my GS to swap various lights out on!)

There's barely any noticeable difference. The blue coating doesn't do much.
It also DOES depend on how deep the blue color is There's a shop here that sells them successfully, and it's blue/white but the output's just NOT bright like O.E. because of the depth of the blue tint. There's a 3GS roaming around orlando with them, but I wasn't going to pay 20 bucks and get ripped off by a shop that i stayed loyal to for years (in the end result, i never came back).
Old 05-19-12, 02:36 PM
2008GSh
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Try Google

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/73A5246A0A0.aspx

That took me all of 30 seconds to find...

Search on ebay and the blue tint bulbs are a dime a dozen.

$5.00 shipped to your house
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALOGEN-HEAD...a73a1b&vxp=mtr

Last edited by 2008GSh; 05-19-12 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-17-12, 08:11 PM
2008GSh
Advanced

Just replaced my DRL/High Beams and Fog Lights with blue tinted Halogens. Running normal wattage in the Fogs, running hotter High Beams... Light is a much better match to the HID low beams..

The Fog Lights were $5 for the pair shipped to my house... The DRL were $4 shipped.

Not quite as blue as the LED's or HID's but my DRL and my High-beams are working even better than stock. And the Fogs look really nice...

If you are looking for a cheap-o option... Tinted Halogens Seem to be working well...

We'll see how long these cheap bulbs last... or if the over watt DRL cause any issues.
Old 06-20-12, 05:48 PM
2008GSh
Advanced

Just replaced the parking lights (the ones inside the DRL/High Beams)

WIth LEDs

Specifically These:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251019654736...84.m1438.l2649

50 cents each.. SHIPPED!

Work great, all blue up front now! Perdy!
Old 09-17-16, 01:35 AM
Buggeroff6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 6 years and no circuitry to upgrade DRL/high

The threads are generally sev. yrs. old, so I'm still wondering: why can't DRL's and HIGH live together-on the SC430? I thought VLEDs was coming out with some sort of kit to allow this with LEDs for the high beam position that would dim or something....but they've put me off for half a year, claiming "technical difficulties". I would assume some of that is no demand/too expensive to reclaim profits from limited buyer mkt. Still, they seem to be saying they're 'onto it'...but what could work? A BMW hi/low HID type "shade" for LED?
BTW< what have peope whove used LEDs in high beam or fog, gotten for a beam pattern. I heard warnings about it not having distance, but it's there something better nowadays?
I believe it's been unproven that yellow lights are a joke, reducing distance and not being any better in fog, etc...a conspracy to make us look like post2nd war French car drivers!
Old 09-20-16, 06:09 PM
Hendo808
Driver School Candidate

So at night there is no high beam. They have very little output but I hardly drive at night anyways. I bought my leds from ijdmtoy and purchased the antifoicker anti code for our cars as well. I was skeptical because I'm a die hard diodedynamics and Vled guy but I was overly impressed with the outcome.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/c...s/IMG_9063.jpg

Last edited by Hendo808; 09-20-16 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-27-16, 07:20 PM
Buggeroff6
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hate to be winy about gummint regulation, but in MA at least, you can't pass a yearly safety inspection if you don't have both high and low beams. With the SC430's rather dire low cutt off point on low beam, I would be scared witless if there weren't any additional lighting available as needed (indeed, most US spec cars have such poor lighting that it might be better to drive without any headlights at all-safer than no high beams, IMHO)>
Old 09-28-16, 03:59 AM
deltabravo
Driver School Candidate

I don't know anything about SC430. This ancient thread is about GS350, which has HID high beams along with the DRL/high beams. I suspect they'd sail through MA inspection.

I put HIR bulbs in my 2011 GS350 DRLs and had the DRL function turned off to keep the low-voltage operation from ruining the bulbs (which it does do). I also had the auto-on headlight sensitivity turned up to high.
Old 06-28-17, 09:42 AM
maxdady75
Driver School Candidate

Any type of LED will do the job, if you want pure white go with 5000k color. That's about as WHITE/CLEAR as it gets. A lot of people (including myself) use 6000k which has a "slight" blueish tint, but looks good.

If you want quality def. purchase them at: http://www.v-leds.com/ Go on their facebook page and look for coupon/discount codes.
I have the OSRAM CIB 6000K D4S. There are 2 options from VLED which I'm considering: High Output White 360 26 and Long Life White 360 14. Which ones would best match my low beams? And obviously I should select the 6000K temp to match. The Putco 360 LED bulbs are no longer available from xenon depot but I believe Amazon sells them for $33 a pair. Both the High Output White and Long Life White from VLED are $18 and $14 each, respectfully. Price is comparable so that's not an issue. What do you guys think? Thank you for your opinions in advance.