GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My Rotors Have Arrived.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-12, 11:28 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Lookin good black. I ran with a tricked out newer Audi S4 over the weekend. His stop and go ability was a strong plus as we carved through the back roads. Considering the weight of our GSs, he should've left me. Not so. Our brakes do a great job but i did want a little more bite. As we drove longer I found myself braking much earlier or using the CVT "gears" to bleed off some speed.

PS- That instant Hybrid torque was a huge plus in keeping up with a lighter more powerful car.
glad to hear, yes Hybrid power always helps!
Old 10-03-12, 11:29 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by burny
I think you are incorrect. The big tophatters go on the rear
Sorry your right the bigger top goes in the rear. Sorry was thinking thicker my fault.
Old 10-03-12, 12:48 PM
C-SupraTT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are they made?

Are the rotors made in the U.S.?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Sorry your right the bigger top goes in the rear. Sorry was thinking thicker my fault.
Old 10-04-12, 08:40 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by arotors
completely untrue...
our rotors do not wear pads ANY faster than blanks.
the pad compound itself you choose, if what impacts the length of life, higher performance wearing much faster than stock.
Completely true brother! I speak from personal experience as a purchaser and end user. These rotors will eat through OEM brake pads much quicker than OEM rotors.

Are your rotors Zinc coated?

To the OP, you better make sure you install some aftermarket harder compound pads with these, or else ( as a regular street user as you claimed ), you will come back here in less than 3 months complaining!!

Also, if you decide to go for aftermarket pads to preserve life, wear some ear plugs!
Old 10-05-12, 09:17 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by designo
Completely true brother! I speak from personal experience as a purchaser and end user. These rotors will eat through OEM brake pads much quicker than OEM rotors.

To the OP, you better make sure you install some aftermarket harder compound pads with these, or else ( as a regular street user as you claimed ), you will come back here in less than 3 months complaining!!

Also, if you decide to go for aftermarket pads to preserve life, wear some ear plugs!
So far I have thick pads still enough meat on there. I think I'm good and I'm not a slow driver I don't slam on my brakes a lot because I usually want to get as much power back to my battery. I'll check next week as I'm getting some work done on my car.
Old 11-15-12, 10:16 AM
adamsrotors
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinSBP
i have a full set of these rotors and pads on my car i noticed that its about a 10% reduction in stopping power but a lot less dust.. stopping power is increased the more the pads heat up due to the pads being ceramic. it takes a pretty hard stop to heat these bad boys up
glad you're enjoying them and feeling the difference!

Originally Posted by 07LXgs350
I thought the slot was there for heat/gas/liquid dissipation. How would that effect pad life?
I figured if anything just the contact from the edge of the channels could effect pad life though or am i off on this assumption?
yes & yes...but I assure you the difference isn't noticeable.
people forget they also tend to drive harder on softer/performance base compound pads which wear faster.

another question we get often is do the rotors themselves wear faster, and the same answer applies.

ultimately it's all about miles driven and more importantly driving (braking) style...

Originally Posted by designo
absolutely...
one of multiple features & benefits of AR is we complimentary zinc every set in silver zinc with unique black & gold upgrades as well.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
So far I have thick pads still enough meat on there. I think I'm good and I'm not a slow driver I don't slam on my brakes a lot because I usually want to get as much power back to my battery. I'll check next week as I'm getting some work done on my car.
want to thank for posting this thread up...
we've officially joined CL no and are happy to serve this community directly.

---

for those of you interest din our rotors, our website has your application's pricing & options loaded
have a look here: www.adamsrotors.com/store

and if ANY of you have any other questions, please let us know via email!