GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Anyone detail their own 3GS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 04:39 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by XxGoKoUxX
Any particular reason why you want it from an auto parts store? Online is where EVERYTHING is at, like top notch quality stuff. Your average auto parts store doesn't have anything that remote would have quality for your vehicle.

You have to really have a heart to tackle this project as, IMO it isn't easy as 1, 2, 3. Just a basic detail on my car exhausts me by the end of the day. If you are interested, PM me and I can show you what products to buy and procedures as in step-by-step process. You'll still need to learn techniques on how these people apply and work things like polish, wax, and sealant. As for some instructions, here is a forum as to how to tackle this project.

Two forums I'd check out are Autopia.org and autogeek.com, they show you everything you need to know about removing those swirls.

Also, if you haven't done this, please use a two-bucket method when washing the car. It keeps 90% of the dirt in the water bucket and ~10% of the dirt in the soapy bucket. That way you have less chance of creating SWIRLS. Note also that the materials you use and how hard you push down to wash your car will cause swirls also, so find a microfiber sponge, or like the above, lamb wool mitt I believe? to wash your car. Use a microfiber towel or something MADE to dry your car (not a house towel like most people use).
so i use the soap bucket to dip the cloth and was the car then drop it in the clean water bucket rinse it, and then back into the foam bucket to hit the car again?! lol. never done that. will do it. i really need to detail my baby. ill spend a day on her. no problem.
Old 03-28-12, 10:29 AM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

yep! that's exactly how you do it, detailing your car will take more than just a day. A paint correction or just buffing out swirls will be a 12-hr straight job, my friend spent 18 hours on his friend's car, with MINOR swirls and a bit of paint overspray. Be ready, do it panel by panel, and if u want the products, PM me i'll fwd u the links. It's a very elaborate list with an approximating $200-300 in supplies. If u want to just experiment, I'm in FL too, so PM me your location and i'll let you try it out, and if you're still up to do the rest of the car, you can purchase the supplies yourself.