GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

TriniGS work in progress....No Teasers Full disclosures :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-11, 10:27 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default TriniGS work in progress....No Teasers Full disclosures :)

I rarely post pictures of my car but decided to finally give it some love after a couple years of ownership. Always taught it would be cool to look back on all the work I've done on the car. It's still a work in progress so would be adding mods as I receive or install them. I plan on keeping this baby till the wheels fall off, even though lately I've been having LS460 dreams.

Last year I decided to purchase a 01 civic as a daily but my back and neck would sometimes start hurting during my commute so I sold it on craigslist after four weeks of owning it LOL. May revisit getting a daily but let’s see. At this point my car is need of a few upgrades but I believed it’s almost complete. Its a daily driven, non-show car that has no label as its not VIP, VIP styled, DUB or whatever trend is out there. I’ll like to say it’s Clean and classy with a touch of grown and sexy.

Hopefully the 3GS becomes as timeless as the 2GS.

Before my car was purchased, I already had waiting in the garage months in advance Tanabe Sustec Pro-Five Coilovers, Carson Tuned front lip spoiler, Carson Tuned Mirror covers, Sevas wheels and tires from my Infiniti G35 and a cheesy beer opener.

My G35 with the Sevas Wheels

Below is a picture of the first day I got her home. 09/13/08
Time stamp on pictures are incorrect.

Thats right it came with chrome G- Spiders

Old 07-16-11, 11:21 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Had the car for a couple days, been trolling for a while on Club Lexus and saw a big meet at Bulter tires in Alpharetta was coming up in a couple weeks. This sounded like an opportunity to complete my car for the meet. Never saw a 3GS with any mods in GA before so I decided to step up to the plate for the meet. Actually KayGee may have been the first modded.

Mods check
Car check
Shop ???????

I lived in south FL and knew where to go or who to ask when I needed work on my cars but in GA there's fewer options. I had used G** *********** Customs in Stone Mountain when I had the Infiniti but was not happy with their service or price so that was a no go.

Found a paint shop while driving in Duluth. They had a 350z parked in the bay which looked like a show car. Spoke to Gabe at the shop so the following day I dropped off the car to paint my Carson Tuned front lip and mirror covers. They also did the install for the lip but I did not feel safe with anyone messing with the internal wires to install the mirror covers. On Club Lexus the 2IS guys were doing the installs but I did not see any one attempt the install on a 3GS as yet. I decided to wait it out.

After a week picked up the car and was speaking to the Gabe when he referred me to someone who can install my Tanabe coilovers, it was not a shop but he stated the guy does good work. The meet was about a week away so he was my best option. The coils and wheels were actually installed the Friday night before the meet.
My front wheels were rubbing like a mudda and my rears were too but I liked the drop so I left it for the meet.

At the meet thats where I meet 1sicklex, Tee, CarbonGS and Bing who showed 2 or 3 modded cars from his collection.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...ga-pics-3.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...t-updates.html

My first SELOC meet 10-18-08

Rocking just the front lip. No sides or rears

Old 07-16-11, 11:40 PM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Uhhh after about a week the rubbing was annoying, my dampening was set to stiff so the ride seemed a little ruff. The wife stated I'm killing her Lexus experience, my sister (drama queen) stated she felt nauseated when in the back seat. Took the car to Discount tires after a couple days to change the front tires to 30 series. They actually destroyed my 35 series when dismounting but eventually gave me a new set. No rubbing up front now so decided to lower the coils a bit and also adjusted the dampening to the softest settings (Lexus smooth). Had the rear fenders rolled and pulled only rubs on huge dups (darn 285 West).

Did not take a picture immediately after I had all that work done but these are random pictures of how it looked.

Old 07-17-11, 12:05 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

There was a fire sale on the Carson Tuned lip kit. Geez the price I paid for my front lip back in 08 was more than the new price of the entire kit. Well I picked up the entire kit for the crack head price; I should have brought two or maybe three. I later sold the extra front lip to a fellow member.
My other lip pieces were painted and installed and a couple months later I had CarbonGS install my Carson Tuned mirror covers which been in the garage almost two years. Cool, now I have the full Carson Tuned lip kit plus my Carson Tuned mirror covers finally installed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...y-and-diy.html

Here are a few pictures after the mirror covers were installed.

Rolling shot
Old 07-17-11, 12:26 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Got these Junction Produce Neck pads from ltuned when I ordered the Carson kit.

Had a set of Passionate Black floor mats but never got the nerve to remove the plastic rapping. Really regret selling those. Anyhow a
cool member got some exclusive mats.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ate-black.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...nd-canada.html

Have some SAGE Front RCA's because front tires were being replaced every 7 months. Dropped those off by Zen Motors last year but the following day got laid off on my job so took them back from Zen. Tried selling them a couple months ago but took a hiatus on Club Lexus around the same time. Its back up for sale.

Sevas would be up for sale soon also.
Old 07-17-11, 12:46 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Lookin gooooood! Keep it up buddy!
Old 07-17-11, 12:51 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Present Day...
This is what my car looks like now.

Thinking about lowering the coils a little more but lets see if my driveway allows it.

Old 07-17-11, 12:56 AM
designo
Pole Position

Don't touch it! It's perfect!
Old 07-17-11, 01:18 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

^^ agreed. present day looks amazing
Old 07-17-11, 10:14 AM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

looks amazing! You have a perfect setup. Good Job
Old 07-17-11, 10:46 AM
lostnspace
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Insane!! You're car looks astonishing. Taking notes.
Old 07-17-11, 10:58 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

very cool thread,,,car looks great
Old 07-17-11, 11:18 AM
Rykster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great. Love your rims!
Old 07-17-11, 02:13 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

thx for sharing, trini! your car looks clean! the only thing i would add would be some tips or exhaust to complete the look.
Old 07-17-11, 02:25 PM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
thx for sharing, trini! your car looks clean! the only thing i would add would be some tips or exhaust to complete the look.
Absolutely!

Quick Reply: TriniGS work in progress....No Teasers Full disclosures :)