GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Bluetooth audio/ phone question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-12, 09:01 PM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth audio/ phone question

Hello guys,
I'm having trouble setting up the bluetooth connection between my iPhone and the 2011 gs. Actually I was able to successfully connect BT audio, or BT phone. But not both connections setup in the same time. Meaning: if i have tge seput for audio i cant make or receive calls, or viceversa. Is it even possible to have both audio and phone calls set up in the same time?
Thanks
Old 03-05-12, 06:38 AM
Leo23
Driver

Ahaa... Never mind.
Old 03-06-12, 02:56 PM
liv2drift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Share, I'm sure someone else will overlook whatever step you did and need help with this as well.

Mine works fine except sometimes it take forever to connect :/
Old 03-06-12, 07:48 PM
Leo23
Driver

I'm not sure what I did, frankly...
But I know that I had to delete the settings from the phone (previous connection), delete the phone settings from the car's system. And re-connect... the BT audio first, subsequently the BT-phone and now I can use both. The only thing is that if I have been using the audio, and need to make a call, the system will ask if I want to close the bt-audio connection in order to make the call.
That's pretty much what I did. I don't know whether it's coincidental the fact that I had to install audio first.
Old 03-06-12, 10:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

You should have to set-up the phone first then register the audio device. nonetheless glad you figured it out. Here's a few nice tips

BLUETOOTH TROUBLESHOOTING:

How to set-up Bluetooth; With Navigation:

We’ll use an iPhone4 for ex. Go to
- Settings
- General
- Bluetooth
- make sure bluetooth is on (slide on/off)
- Below that is "Devices" or "search device"
- On the phone, select the "hands-free" 2009 below or “Car Multi Media” 2010+ under search device. It should begin paring and prompt you for the passkey. Enter it and select "pair". It may say it's paired but not connected. If this is the case, then select "hands-free" one more time.

From the car:
- Car on/acc mode
- Info
- Telephone
- Settings
- Register phone
- it'll bring up a menu that has a passkey and looks like it's ready to pair
- Pair

Just to double check that the phone is paired to the car, from info-telephone-settings-select phone. The phone should be in the system now with a little "BT" symbol next to it.

For Non Navigation Models:
Use the push to talk switch and the voice should layout some commands. One of which is "phone set-up". Say phone set-up and continue with the voice instructions by hitting the push to talk switch and saying "yes" "pair phone" etc... Meanwhile from the bluetooth menu in your phone (probably under settings, make sure the phone is set to "discoverable mode". Once the phone is searching, "Hands Free" should show up on your phone. Select the pair button and you should be prompted with a pass key (four digits + enter) it's usually 1111 or 1212 etc...

________
Other Troubleshoots:

UPDATE YOUR SMARTPHONES:
Make sure your smartphones are turned off every now and then. They are just like a computer and need to be updated. Sometimes if a phone misses an update, the result is the Bluetooth connection unpairing with the car.

With BlackBerry’s, the most common troubleshoot is to remove the battery from the phone, blow on it and turn the phone back on. Yes it’s a PITA because BB takes forever to load, but it typically works. If this doesn't work either, you can try repairing the phone:

MY PHONE HAS BEEN PAIRED BUT NOT WORKING:
If the phone is not working (but already paired), a common troubleshoot is the bluetooth on the phone could be turned off (happens on mine from time to time). Set the phone to discoverable mode and make sure the bluetooth is set to "on". You should see the bluetooth symbol somewhere on the phones top banner.

TO TRANSFER YOUR PHONEBOOK: NAV CARS ONLY
After you pair your phone to the car, the next step is to add your phonebook. Once the phone is paired it the navigation screen should revert to a screen with numbers 0-9 and some icons one of which says CONTACTS. Select Contacts and say yes to transfer. If you have an iPhone it'll sync up right away. If you have a Blackberry or Android a little drop down menu will show up on the phone's screen. Select yes and the contacts should transfer. - to date the only Contacts I have not been able to transfer were on Samsung Android phones

Last edited by Hoovey689; 06-11-12 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 05:44 AM
Leo23
Driver

Thanks a lot. I'll make sure to bookmark this page.