GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-11, 11:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by epikeddie
JUN's R&D Director used to be legendary tuner Koyama-san.

He's been featured for many of his builds including some record-breaking Evos, Supras, Civics, and many other rides. You'll see him pop up on Best Motoring videos from time to time.

Are they Taiwanese-owned? What's with the TW? Those brakes looks pretty....
well, not risking people not getting my real questions and jokes, maybe we can dig into this a bit more. of course, as usual, i am likely a newbie so i probably don't know much, please feel free to correct me

those into racing of course should know about koyama. and i believe this is the true original jun racing site originated in japan (where jun racing is, obviously)

http://www.junauto.co.jp/index.html

they tune some crazy cars, and they have some good people. after reading this thread for the very first time i actually went to their website. reason was i don't recall them having brakes. maybe they do now i don't know, but i browsed through the site, saw a lot of engine, drivetrain, frame, and suspension parts. i didn't see any brakes. so that's why i was pleasantly surprised and my first reply in the thread.

now for jun-tw (and you can see che-jan under the logo), i don't know what that is

http://www.juntw.com/front/bin/home.phtml

in the company info it says they have been jun agent in taiwan since 2002. though i find it interesting that they seem to carry a lot of stuff that don't seem to be originated from jun. coilovers, brakes, some other aero parts, etc... but they do seem popular in taiwan and has a chinese version of the site (benefit of knowing different languages). thus my 2nd reply in the thread

but then again, calipers in the first post, the logo doesn't look like the one in whatever jun-tw site has, and more like the jun racing. so that's why i do want to find out if jun has their own line of brakes now, or is it just a separate line the taiwan agent (jun-tw) carries? (pretty big difference)

of course the ultimate question is where they source their brakes from, i think that's the key to the whole thing. there are only so many brake manufacturers in the world, a lot of companies they source their parts and then put on their badges. nothing wrong with that, but where the brakes are from, that's the key to good brakes

do want to know

Last edited by rominl; 12-08-11 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-09-11, 01:35 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
what is JUN, the brand?
Noob question like that from you?

smh
Old 12-09-11, 04:49 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In for pics......
Old 12-09-11, 05:19 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those r going to look great especially with the Vossens
Old 12-09-11, 06:07 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't wait to see the pictures, and great color combo with the black and yellow (I'm being bias of course because I had the same color combo with car and wheels).
Old 12-09-11, 11:52 AM
MIA IS250
Lead Lap

Jun tw has some great stuff and the brakes look nice, i have bought from them previously, i had their roof spoiler and trunk spoiler on my old IS250 and the fit and finish was superb! Can't wait to seethe brakes installed on a GS!
Old 12-10-11, 12:08 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
only a very few people can remotely get my jokes
LOLOLOL this made me laugh so hard when I read it !!!!
Originally Posted by Ice350
In for pics......
FINALLY the question that I've been looking for!!! Hahaha!!!
Old 12-10-11, 08:05 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great looking set of bbk are they really expensive?
Old 01-11-12, 04:00 PM
LexFather

Talking UPS taking forever...so decided to hang out with Vossen CV2, Jun BBK waiting on Motul

So as some of you know things have been crazy hectic here. Good hectic but hectic. As some of you figured out, Staggered CV2 Limited Edition Graphite Grey 20" wheels are going on the car and I have the Jun BBK from our dear friends at L-tuned parts

Needed brake fluid. I highly doubt I will track the car (but you never know ) and did some research but was unsure. Hit fellow CL vendor Anthony at JE Import Performance up

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/members/138729-je.html

and Anthony was real helpful and schooled me on the Motul 5.1 that is out. Yes DOT 5.1. So UPS said "out for delivery" since 6:55 am. The greatest Lexus dealer in the world, Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett is all lathered up and ready to install these bad boys and I hope I get a LFA loaner

As the day went by CV2 & Jun, & giant rotor hung out and we invited our buddy iPad to come over, waiting on our friend Motul and than did some drinking and then CV2 took a shower. It was crazy!!

AND STILL MOTUL HAS NOT SHOWED UP AT 6:55pm as I TYPE THIS.....

I attached pics of us getting ready to go but ended up hanging out with them all day waiting on Motul. This is before we started drinking together waiting for Motul....

Thanks UPS

I HAVE NWS PICS OF CV2 TAKING A SHOWER!!! THEY ARE COMING:woot:
Attached Thumbnails UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."-1.jpg   UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."-2.jpg  

Last edited by LexFather; 01-11-12 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 04:11 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

In for the NWS shower pics lol...........
Old 01-11-12, 04:14 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

I was wondering who snatched up that great deal on the BBK, that is going to look sickkkk. are those cv3's goin up for sale?
Old 01-11-12, 06:49 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the CV3 a lot better then the new ones u got, why are you replacing the rims?
Old 01-11-12, 07:08 PM
LexFather

So UPS decides to drop the box of Motul off at near 9pm with no knock on the door...I just happened to check Going early in the morning to install

I now can't post pics of the Motul as this happened...might take iPhone pics.oh year

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...t-my-pics.html

Originally Posted by cherplex
In for the NWS shower pics lol...........
CV2 is so sexy wet

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
I was wondering who snatched up that great deal on the BBK, that is going to look sickkkk. are those cv3's goin up for sale?

CV3s going on the 2GS...project 2GS starting in February

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
I like the CV3 a lot better then the new ones u got, why are you replacing the rims?
Need winter rims....
Attached Thumbnails UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."-photo-2.jpg  

Last edited by LexFather; 01-11-12 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 07:15 PM
stevenjai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did you pay for the CV3's? I was planning to get some myself for my 2gs300 POST pics!!!
Old 01-12-12, 07:54 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

My favorite Vossens! I really liked the first set and now I REALLY like the new ones

Quick Reply: UPS guy to me- "If these boxes are a BBK to go behind those Vossen Wheels I faint".."