GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The GS has hit the 100k mark..... Another 200k to go! *Lots of pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-12, 01:07 AM
pbateson
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You bought new GS and what u do with current GS?
Old 10-17-12, 04:52 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Macoyle
How is the tan interior holding up? And I'm glad your as **** with your vehicles as I am lol
The interior has held up very well but that is because I clean and condition the interior once a month or if I see any dirt. The drivers seat is really the only one that has anyone sitting in it. The other seats are like brand new including the carpet. I bought a new set of mats just for the drivers mat. The other mats are still brand new with no stains. Here are a few pictures of the drivers seat and you can see my skinny *** print in the seat. Other than that, the leather is mint!

The original floor mat

The exterior is also in mint condition. This is a picture of the car taken this past Sunday after I washed it. This car has a 152,000 miles

Originally Posted by bklynchris
Dude, great job. I have a white '09 GS350 AWD approaching 100k miles and I also drive a lot (approx 40k miles/yr). I've used your posts to carry out all the maintenance myself. Thanks for the updates and keep them coming.

Have you had any problems with squeaks/rattles developing? I also read you use Sea Foam. I've never used it yet, but am thinking about using it at my next oil change. Have you noticed any improvement in idling/performance/ gas mileage?

The tablet gooseneck setup in your GS is friggin beautiful. Can you talk a little more about how you hardwired the audio and power cables? I'm really interested in following your lead one that one.

Have you had any problems with exhaust soot marring the paint near the mufflers? I have the same paint color as you, and the area around the mufflers has become stained. I've tried washing repeatedly but no luck. Has it been an issue for you?

Thanks again.

Chris
Hello Chris! I'm glad I could help you save some money and help you do your own work on your car. Rattles are around mostly in my drivers door and I know the fix but i've been so busy, I just haven't had the time to pull the door panel off to fix it. That is going to happen one of these months. The dash rattle was fixed by me when I added the black felt between the windshield and dash.

I was surprised on the fit and finish to these GS models. My wifes 2004 RX 330 has zero rattles. That car was built well.

The Seafoam is put in from the main brake booster vacume line going into your intake . The videos are endless online about how to do the process and it does make a difference. I am due for the Seafoam in about two months so if you want, I can video the process for you. It is amazing on the amount of smoke that comes out of the exhaust! The car will trip error codes and you will need to reset the computer (disconnecting the battery) and the codes will go away. I always do this before I am changing the spark plugs.

I will have some photos of that on my other thread tonight. Check it out!

Originally Posted by pbateson
You bought new GS and what u do with current GS?
I'm not sure what made you think I bought another GS. Im driving the same 2007 GS 350.

Thanks guys and I drove from Charlotte, NC to Paris, TN on Monday and I was able to sap some sweet pictures of my morning commute.

I'm planning on updating my maintenance thread tonight with my 150k service. Check it out!
Old 10-18-12, 05:43 AM
Simmsled
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is your process for cleaning and conditioning? What do you use?

Cool pics!
Old 10-18-12, 09:24 PM
dtd80
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pictures and updates! I hope to have my GS that clean at that mileage.
Old 11-30-12, 07:36 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

does anybody know what is the parts in circle for? (plastic piece and small O ring)

Old 12-02-12, 06:38 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

That's used to drain the oil from the filter canister on the car before you unscrew the filter. Less cleanup but you use more parts.
Old 12-02-12, 07:30 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmade22
That's used to drain the oil from the filter canister on the car before you unscrew the filter. Less cleanup but you use more parts.
Where did you put it?

Old 12-02-12, 09:09 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Glad to see this GS is still going strong.
Old 12-03-12, 05:20 AM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i was in the smokey mountains around the same time as you. Stayed at a resort in the mountains for a week. Beautiful scenery up in those mountains.
Old 12-03-12, 10:34 AM
Bavaria
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Where did you put it?

It isn't used on the GS (at least not on my '07), however it's used on my wife's '10 RX350. There is an obvious insert point at the bottom of the filter housing on her car - also, the housing is vertical, not horizontal, like on the GS. The filter element itself can be used on either car, although the part #'s are different, and one is slightly longer than the other. I confirmed this info with my dealer's service dept.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-12, 09:46 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job taking care of your baby!! Looks immaculate and doesn't show the mileage at all!
Old 12-05-12, 12:13 PM
AlpineAuto
Driver School Candidate

still looks fresh and runs great I'm sure. This car will last you a long time bro, enjoy it.
Old 12-05-12, 07:06 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bavaria
It isn't used on the GS (at least not on my '07), however it's used on my wife's '10 RX350. There is an obvious insert point at the bottom of the filter housing on her car - also, the housing is vertical, not horizontal, like on the GS. The filter element itself can be used on either car, although the part #'s are different, and one is slightly longer than the other. I confirmed this info with my dealer's service dept.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Bavaria for clarification.......
Old 12-08-12, 08:37 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow,amazing,I do all the maintence and then some. The rigors of city,suburban life are hard on my GS.
Attached Thumbnails The GS has hit the 100k mark.....  Another 200k to go!  *Lots of pics*-cab.jpg  
Old 12-10-12, 08:22 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

No updates in a while?

Quick Reply: The GS has hit the 100k mark..... Another 200k to go! *Lots of pics*