GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

LED Swap complete 07 GS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-11, 02:37 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Swap complete 07 GS350

I wish I had taken more before pics, but oh well, I took pics of everything removed, then everything reinstalled. I had Tim Louie do it in California, we had some trouble with UPS Losing the box, but in the end everything was found and returned to me so after a week of stressing out about the box, it finally came in.

My goal was to remove as much green as possible and go to almost all white, I didn't want to end up with a "custom" look but more of a factory look. I think it turned out perfect for what I wanted.

Also all window controls were removed and changed, and I changed the seat warmer / cooler, cig lighter, shifter LEDs myself.

driver's door

control pod

starter button with foot depressed

seat heater cold / hot blue / red

shifter now white

cig lighter

center stack all done, had to fix a few led's that weren't lighting up upon arrival

steering wheel

starter button without brake depressed....and the center stack before I fixed the non-working LED's
Old 06-27-11, 02:43 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the steering wheel lights.... how difficult was it for those???
Old 06-27-11, 02:46 PM
ASILVER
Driver

it takes about 5 minutes to get them out, I didn't replace the LEDs myself on that component so I'm not sure if they are plug and play or soldered in.

that was my favorite part too due to the disgustingly dim factory leds in the wheel I couldn't tell whether they were on or off, finally I can see them
Old 06-27-11, 02:54 PM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i know im fine with the rest of mine i just hate those.... id love to replace them....
Old 06-27-11, 03:06 PM
ASILVER
Driver

this is an IS link but it's pretty informative

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...swap-leds.html

these shuld be the bulbs for the steering wheel
steering wheel: 7x 1206 or plcc-2
Old 06-27-11, 04:43 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim the LED Guy is the man he did my as a test project and I love it. Look great at night.
Old 06-27-11, 06:12 PM
ASILVER
Driver

yup he helped me through the process.

as a head's up to anyone who's going to mail their stuff, make sure you insure it properly, take no chances on the value, it might cost a few hundred to ship it with insurance both ways but it's worth it if they lose it, and also, I would only recommend it if you're mechanically inclined, when it arrived a few LED's didn't work which required me to either ship it back to california, and since UPS lost my package once I didn't want to do that so I was comfortable enough to tear down the radio stack to the circuit boards and fix the issues, didn't take too long to figure it out, and I'm very happy with the result.
Old 06-27-11, 06:16 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow thats looks like lotta work,,,nicely done,,
Old 06-27-11, 06:37 PM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

hmm I need to remove those panels on my steering wheel. My call/end call button is broke and I want to see why!
Old 06-27-11, 06:40 PM
Kcook700
Lead Lap

Curious, what type of LED are we talking about here? Did you have to solder every LED in or were they plug and play?
Old 06-27-11, 07:32 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Looks good, not that daring but does look real nice.
Old 06-27-11, 09:49 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The one thing I would put lights into are the buttons up top..... buttons for lights/moon roof/etc.

Hard to turn on the lights when I can't find the buttons for those lights.
Old 06-27-11, 11:29 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Nicely done!

I'd love to do the steering wheel buttons. I also like to do the overhead compartment (lights and moon roof buttons) if someone makes them available.
Old 06-28-11, 12:54 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

It looks Awesome, my favorite part is the steering wheel lights. Please find out if they were soldered or plug and play.
Old 06-28-11, 06:23 AM
ASILVER
Driver

Originally Posted by aLexGS350
hmm I need to remove those panels on my steering wheel. My call/end call button is broke and I want to see why!
when I reinstalled the steering wheel parts, the mode button didn't work but everything else did, it was a loose ribbon cable on the opposite one. The two pods are connected to each other with a ribbon cable that needs to be seated just right for it to work, yours might have wiggled loose ever so slightly

Originally Posted by Kcook700
Curious, what type of LED are we talking about here? Did you have to solder every LED in or were they plug and play?
the center stack is all soldered, the hot / cold on the seats is soldered but the others in the center console are plug / play, I'm not sure about the steering wheel or others as I had Tim do them.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Looks good, not that daring but does look real nice.
Originally Posted by worker
The one thing I would put lights into are the buttons up top..... buttons for lights/moon roof/etc.

Hard to turn on the lights when I can't find the buttons for those lights.
when I set out to do this I asked for those to be done...thinking they were just dim like the rest of the lights, then I found out there are NO lights up there, I was sad lol

Originally Posted by memasterac
Nicely done!

I'd love to do the steering wheel buttons. I also like to do the overhead compartment (lights and moon roof buttons) if someone makes them available.
yeah to put them up top you'd have to wire them up there and seems that would also require a lot of work

Quick Reply: LED Swap complete 07 GS350