GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

"The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-11, 07:49 AM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Unbelievable....decided to go with Yohohoma's and the 275 rears are in stock but the 245 fronts are on backorder and have to be ordered from another store in another state...I've never had so much trouble before with tires. Is this normal for 20"?
There has been a tire shortage for a better part of the year. I've had to wait and/or import tires from out of state on both my cars this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...shortage_n.htm
Old 07-01-11, 07:56 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unbelievable....decided to go with Yohohoma's and the 275 rears are in stock but the 245 fronts are on backorder and have to be ordered from another store in another state...I've never had so much trouble before with tires. Is this normal for 20"?

I'm a twankie newb

Ridiculous....
Why not try another brand that is in stock?
Old 07-02-11, 12:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I'm a twankie newb

Ridiculous....
lol that's what you get for not modding your car for so long, bud
Old 07-02-11, 01:13 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

I don't think it's a size problem, I had problems sourcing 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 tires! Yokohama S Drives were amazing tires, but too many defects in my case!

The Falkens are ok but the smaller sidewalls make the tires look slimmer and less flush to the fenders. Plus, I hate wheel lips sticking out!

PS2's are the same, I believe the Yokohamas have the chunkiest sidewalls. I would also consider Hankook Ventus V12's! They are awesome tires!
Old 07-02-11, 04:38 AM
adrianwong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

having the same issues here in Canada. just installed my coilovers with my CV3's sitting here trying to find the right set of matching tires. any thoughts on the General UHP since these are one of the only choices besides the Hankooks? - starfire pearl GS350 AWD with 20" matte graphite CV3's
Old 07-02-11, 05:43 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by toyemp
There has been a tire shortage for a better part of the year. I've had to wait and/or import tires from out of state on both my cars this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...shortage_n.htm
Thanks. So I'm not going crazy

Originally Posted by designo
I don't think it's a size problem, I had problems sourcing 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 tires! Yokohama S Drives were amazing tires, but too many defects in my case!

The Falkens are ok but the smaller sidewalls make the tires look slimmer and less flush to the fenders. Plus, I hate wheel lips sticking out!

PS2's are the same, I believe the Yokohamas have the chunkiest sidewalls. I would also consider Hankook Ventus V12's! They are awesome tires!
Nice feedback

Originally Posted by Ice350
Why not try another brand that is in stock?
I used to just buy tires, whatever was in stock, whatever was pretty cheap when I was younger. Learned my lessons and I refuse to skimp out on tires. Tires are vital. Seems there isn't anything in stock, everything needs to be shipped.

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Looking forward to seeing this, why the desire for overspec'd tires?
What part is overspec'd?

Originally Posted by rominl
lol that's what you get for not modding your car for so long, bud

Originally Posted by adrianwong
having the same issues here in Canada. just installed my coilovers with my CV3's sitting here trying to find the right set of matching tires. any thoughts on the General UHP since these are one of the only choices besides the Hankooks? - starfire pearl GS350 AWD with 20" matte graphite CV3's
Sweet, can't wait to see your car with it!

Old 07-05-11, 04:38 PM
LexFather

So I ordered the Yokohoma S.drive...paid for it over the weekend b/c they had a save $100 rebate on the 1st/2nd. Yoko also has a $40 Visa GC rebate if you buy on the 3rd, gonna try to get that too

Rear tires arrived, fronts still not here...smh...car is getting lowered Friday Morning...

James and I will take some pics of the wheels itself if they can't be slapped on by then....can't believe this is taking this long.

Old 07-05-11, 05:52 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually a 245/30-20 is the tire size that keeps you closest to factory diameter and for staggered set up a 285/25-20 matches up near perfect to the 245/30 some go with the larger 245/35-20 but the 255/35-20 is even larger in overall diameter. I have no issues with what you do to your car I was just curious as to why you want such a large sidewall that may cause more rubbing unless you run super weak offsets. I have personally been running Vredestine Sessanta pretty stretched and they have held up absolutely fantastic and I plan on biting the bullet and purchasing them again, I feel they are a major reason I have not bent any wheels running such a stretched set up. If my 225/30 on a 9 and 245/30 on a 10.5 protect my wheels imagine what a non stretched set up will do as far as protecting your investment, just saying! they also have a very round side wall that will help with fender clearance as well.
Old 07-05-11, 05:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Usually a 245/30-20 is the tire size that keeps you closest to factory diameter and for staggered set up a 285/25-20 matches up near perfect to the 245/30 some go with the larger 245/35-20 but the 255/35-20 is even larger in overall diameter. I have no issues with what you do to your car I was just curious as to why you want such a large sidewall that may cause more rubbing unless you run super weak offsets. I have personally been running Vredestine Sessanta pretty stretched and they have held up absolutely fantastic and I plan on biting the bullet and purchasing them again, I feel they are a major reason I have not bent any wheels running such a stretched set up. If my 225/30 on a 9 and 245/30 on a 10.5 protect my wheels imagine what a non stretched set up will do as far as protecting your investment, just saying! they also have a very round side wall that will help with fender clearance as well.
Thanks for the info. I'm running stock offsets...I've read fantastic things about the Sessanta's...

Old 07-06-11, 01:11 AM
Amalan
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same wheels I was looking at, interested to see how these will look on the car.
Old 07-06-11, 04:21 AM
TriniGS
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah Man drop that bad boy with those Vossens. Again cannot wait to see it in person. I have Yokohoma S.drive on the rears of my Sevas and got decent tread life. Good choice on Tires.
Old 07-06-11, 07:10 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm running stock offsets...I've read fantastic things about the Sessanta's...
Vossen makes wheels with stock offsets? Had no idea. Very interested to see how it looks lowered.
Old 07-06-11, 08:14 AM
adrianwong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't mean to jack your tread, but here is a teaser shot with the coils and rims installed albeit minus tires.... boy the 10.5 in the rear are pretty wide!
Attached Thumbnails "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..-img_6174-640x480-.jpg  
Old 07-06-11, 03:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TriniGS
Yeah Man drop that bad boy with those Vossens. Again cannot wait to see it in person. I have Yokohoma S.drive on the rears of my Sevas and got decent tread life. Good choice on Tires.
Thanks dude and thanks for the text.

Originally Posted by Ice350
Vossen makes wheels with stock offsets? Had no idea. Very interested to see how it looks lowered.
Yeah running +38 front, +45 rear....nothing crazy

Originally Posted by adrianwong
don't mean to jack your tread, but here is a teaser shot with the coils and rims installed albeit minus tires.... boy the 10.5 in the rear are pretty wide!
And as soon as I saw this post I called the tire shop "WHERE ARE MY TIRES"

Old 07-06-11, 08:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you guys have way to much patience cant wait to see the final pics

Quick Reply: "The Last Dance".... Final round of modifications..