GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

RearView Mirror Question

Old 11-17-11, 02:02 PM
gojeezy123
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same problem with my 06 =/ gna try to find one on ebay, if not i'll check out that radar-mirror.com
Old 11-18-11, 04:59 PM
LB23
Driver

Originally Posted by smalldog
This is a pic of my ugly MIRROR

Look at that, yeah mine looks the same LOL

I thought mine was the only one looking like that, I was , WTF? happened here
Old 11-18-11, 07:34 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ashley1977
I had radar-mirror.com to fix the mirror for me last month, they charge $89 plus $15 shipping and takes about 4 day total for me to ship it to them and ship back! Pretty good job works perfect, jsut got one knife scratch on the mirror cover when it ship back tho.........
Attachment 228294

Attachment 228295

Attachment 228296

Attachment 228297

Attachment 228298
Can you post the steps to remove the mirror. Thats all i've been waiting on.

Thanks
Old 11-27-11, 06:49 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Can you post the steps to remove the mirror. Thats all i've been waiting on.

Thanks

Anyone have steps to remove rearview mirror???????
Old 01-17-12, 04:11 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Received my mirror today. its looks good at new. I'm very happy with the results. Price...$15 to ship to scott at radar-mirror.com. labor $89 and a return shipping fee or $15 =s $119. It is well worth the wait.
Old 02-06-12, 12:15 AM
bronz
Driver

my mirror has this same issue and the sad thing is it started early when i had little over 13k miles on my car.
Old 02-06-12, 06:59 AM
Droberts12
Driver School Candidate

Default I had the same problem

This is a pic of my ugly MIRROR
The auto dimming feature has gone bad in the mirror, it needs to be replaced luckily i bought my car from carmax and it was replaced under warranty the mirror was $1300.
Old 02-06-12, 07:53 PM
aznvr4
Driver School Candidate

My mirror is the same, been trying to look for a used one but with no luck. Im going to give radar-mirror a shot. Thanks
Old 02-06-12, 07:55 PM
aznvr4
Driver School Candidate

BTW does anyone know if t a Gentex Mirror with compass and home-link will it work as a replacement?
Old 02-08-12, 07:30 PM
smalldog
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aznvr4
BTW does anyone know if t a Gentex Mirror with compass and home-link will it work as a replacement?
don't know what mirrors are interchangable. think about it.... easy to get yours repaired
Old 07-18-12, 11:12 AM
lex-ative
Pit Crew

I just had my rear view mirror repaired for the same problem (peeling, dull, streaky mirror) at radar-mirror. Couldn't be happier. Looks like a brand new mirror and I can finally see behind me!

Took me a while to figure out how to take the mirror off, but it is not hard at all!

1. Just remove the hex bold from under the mirror. It is exposed so you can just take a 3/16 or so size hex key or a tiny flat head screwdriver.

2. you would need to remove the 'nose' and the cover on the roof panel. On the '06 GS430, the panel you remove is the most forward one, in front of where your sunglass holder drop down is. It pops right of, just do it gently and carefully. I did it with just my fingers. You can put your fingers in the groove facing the windshield and work your way to the sides and back. It is held by clips to the sides, with two big white clips on the left and right. Once you pop the panel, the 'nose' or middle piece should come with it. The nose is to hide the wires that run all the way to the roof panel.

3. Once you remove that, you can slide the mirror off of its support. It's kind of like a hook support, kind of what you would use to hang your towels in your bathroom. To slide it off, just slide the mirror upwards. The support itself is attached to the windshield. By this time your mirror will be dangling by the wire (for power, compass etc.)

4. Slide the clip from the wire from the connector in the roof assembly. You would then need to carefully wiggle the clip out of the opening to fully get your mirror. At first it may seem impossible and you may seem tempted to cut the wire. DON'T. you can push up on the cloth/roofliner piece to push the connector through the seemingly small opening and carefully wiggle it out. Trust me, it will work.

To reassemble, just follow the reverse. First, I hooked the mirror back on the windshield support by sliding it down and hold it in place. Next I pushed the clip back into the small opening and connected i back to the connector in the roof assembly. Then I put the cover and nose back on and slowly push back until everything clicks back in place.

Notes:

* You do NOT need to remove the wire clip on the mirror. You will break it. Some of you may not even have it anymore. If you break it, no biggie. All it is is basically a big plastic wire tie.

* You do NOT need to remove the bottom cover on the mirror assembly (where the hex bolt goes into). This is where the circuits are.

I hope this made some kind of sense...
The following users liked this post:
coreyco (01-20-20)
Old 07-21-12, 08:49 PM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the tips mine is just develpoing a bunch of one inch squares.
Old 10-23-13, 02:31 PM
mjlexus
Driver School Candidate

What is the process for making an entity an Authorized Seller?
Old 11-11-13, 04:49 PM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OK guys, I replaced the bad mirror cell in my 3GS - I bought the new mirror panel from radarmirror and installed it myself in under 10 min.

$99 and two quick easy solder joints.

I did not even remove mirror from car.
Old 02-19-14, 01:53 PM
tn96dc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by angus
OK guys, I replaced the bad mirror cell in my 3GS - I bought the new mirror panel from radarmirror and installed it myself in under 10 min.

$99 and two quick easy solder joints.

I did not even remove mirror from car.
More info on what you did please

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RearView Mirror Question