GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

where's the fuse for Radio/Nav located??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-11, 02:16 PM
Ken300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where's the fuse for Radio/Nav located??

I want to reset my Nav system and would rather not disconnect the battery if the proper fuse is easily accessible.
Can anyone tell me where the fuse for the radio/nav is located?
thanks
Ken
Old 02-25-11, 06:12 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

pretty sure that this is on the driver side foot well.
Old 02-25-11, 06:39 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
pretty sure that this is on the driver side foot well.
Correct. The key On the inside if the plastic cover shows what fuse is the radio.
Old 02-26-11, 04:40 PM
Ken300
Rookie

Default Is this the correct radio fuse?

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Correct. The key On the inside if the plastic cover shows what fuse is the radio.
Is the the 10A - Rad No. 3 the correct fuse?

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...Side_Fuses.jpg
Attached Thumbnails where's the fuse for Radio/Nav located??-gs300_driverside_fuses2.jpg  
Old 02-26-11, 10:37 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken300
Is the the 10A - Rad No. 3 the correct fuse?

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/da...Side_Fuses.jpg
It won't hurt anything to try pulling it.
Old 02-27-11, 06:08 AM
Ken300
Rookie

Default Still can't find fuse for Nav/Radio

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
It won't hurt anything to try pulling it.
Well, that didn't work.
That fuse is not the correct one.
I've burned some Hybrid Nav DVDs (10.1-5.1) and I'm trying to see if I've restored the Nav override function that was available with the 5.1 Nav DVD but I can't really see if it works until I reset the Nav unit by pulling the correct fuse. I know you can also disconnect the battery to reset the unit but I'd rather avoid the other issues that sometimes accompany battery disconnection (I've read too many threads here regarding these issues).
If I were a real car guy I wouldn't hesitate to disconnect the battery but I'm not. I'm more comfortable around computers then I am around DIY car stuff.

So, does anyone know where the proper fuse is to reset the Nav/Radio unit?

thanks

Ken
Old 02-27-11, 06:48 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Radio fuse has nothing to do with the navi. You pulled the right fuse for the radio only. I thought the fuse for the navi was buried up in the glove box behind the dvd player? I thought I read this in the past. Another member put in the wrong disc and changed the settings and wasnt able to fix it.
Old 02-27-11, 06:52 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

If this is where the fuse is I would just disconnect the battery and let it reset that way.
Old 02-27-11, 07:27 AM
Ken300
Rookie

I examined the fuses in the engine compartment next.
I found two 30A fuses there labeled Rad No.1 and Rad No. 2. I pulled those and left them out for about a minute. Still no luck in resetting the Nav unit.
I guess I'm out of options short of unhooking the battery!! I really don't want to do that but may be forced to give it a try.
It may take a few days before I get the confidence in dealing with the possible issues that may result from this.
Ken
Old 02-27-11, 07:32 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

did you check in the owners manual? If I recall we have fuse panel in both foot wells in the car, 2 in the trunk, then what you see under the hood.
Old 02-27-11, 08:06 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually I find that ejecting and reinserting the navigation disc resets the navigation.

Also disconnecting the battery does the same.
Old 02-27-11, 08:52 AM
Ken300
Rookie

I've been using the procedure for making a Hybrid DVD Nav disk outlined here:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...350-hybrid-v9/

In step 5 this is how he suggest resetting the system:
5. Test the new ISO disc in your Sienna or Lexus. I have a 2006 Sienna and a 2007 Lexus ES-350. So your mileage may vary. Make sure NO Nav disc is in the system. In the Sienna, remove power from the NAV/Radio unit by pulling the 20amp fuse in the upper right corner of the fuse box located in the engine compartment. In the Lexus, remove the battery cable. Wait at least 5 minutes. Restore power by reconnecting the cable. Turn the key or push the button to get power in the ACC mode. Insert the new disc and WAIT until the blue screen shows loading. Do NOT remove power from the vehicle during the initial boot up.

Although he pulls fuses on the Tundra and suggest disconnecting the battery on the Lexus, I was guessing he just pulled the battery cable because it was faster then locating, identifying and pulling the correct fuse on the lexus... I may be wrong.

I'm going to try the fuses (under the hood) again since I'm not sure I had ejected the Nav DVD during my initial reset attempt.
Ken
Old 02-27-11, 09:36 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Several fuses are related to the Navi. Some that you would never guess have anything to do with it. For example, the front cig. lighter port next to the ashtray is related to Navi. I learned it the hard way when I blew this fuse and my Navi stopped tracking and giving directions.
Old 02-27-11, 03:55 PM
Ken300
Rookie

Well, just an FYI about the three Radio Fuses...
I went back and ejected the Nav DVD and this time I was going to remove all three Radio fuses. Rad No 1 and Rad No 2 (engine compartment) and Rad No 3 (driver foot well), had no effect on resetting the Navigation system.
I'll maybe wait until I have a dealer visit scheduled and then maybe I'll unhook the battery... since unhooking the battery means resetting the sunroof and the windows (more work that I'm not ready to deal with right now).

At least now we know what fuses Don't reset the Nav unit!!
(the fact that on the Tundra the Radio Fuse does reset it, is just one of those things that didn't translate to the Lexus)
Ken
Old 02-27-11, 04:18 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken300
Well, just an FYI about the three Radio Fuses...
I went back and ejected the Nav DVD and this time I was going to remove all three Radio fuses. Rad No 1 and Rad No 2 (engine compartment) and Rad No 3 (driver foot well), had no effect on resetting the Navigation system.
I'll maybe wait until I have a dealer visit scheduled and then maybe I'll unhook the battery... since unhooking the battery means resetting the sunroof and the windows (more work that I'm not ready to deal with right now).

At least now we know what fuses Don't reset the Nav unit!!
(the fact that on the Tundra the Radio Fuse does reset it, is just one of those things that didn't translate to the Lexus)
Ken
Reinitializing the sunroof and windows takes less than a minute of time in total, I wouldn't be scared of disconnecting the battery just over that.

Quick Reply: where's the fuse for Radio/Nav located??