GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Can someone help me with 2008 GS350? Please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-10, 10:19 AM
jenny27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Can someone help me with 2008 GS350? Please!

Hi, I just got a 2008 GS350 two days ago. This is my first car and I do not know much about the car and was wondering if someone can help me with it.

The car is certified preowned but I already feel like it has problems. Since I do not know much about this car, I am not sure if it is suppose to function this way. So if you know something about the car, please tell me!!

1) When the car is stopped for a red light or something, I feel the car shake. It shake enough for me to feel it through my entire body.

2) When I turn my steering wheel, it is very stiff. You know how when you turn the wheel and you let it go, good cars automatically unwind[?] itself? But my car doesn't seem to do that.

3) My engine is loud. I know the engine is not V8 and it's only a V6 but is the engine suppose to be that loud? When I am inside my car with all the doors closed, I still hear my engine. It sounds like empty coke can with rocks inside.

Also, I bought my car from Lexus of Queens but they claim that they do not have any loaners car available until 11/22/2010 so I am planning on taking it to Lexus of Bay Ridge. Any opinion on Lexus of Queens and Bay Ridge will be appreciated too!

I am really new to this car.. or any car to be honest.
So if any GS experts are out there, please help me out!
Thank you! :]
Old 11-10-10, 10:30 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These cars definitely idle loud, due to direct injection. If you gave awd from what I understand
Old 11-10-10, 10:36 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Oops didn t mean to post the last post, I'm posting via iPhone. Anyway the awd I believe vibrate more so than the rwd, and the steering wheel doesn't just unwind at a stand still while turning if you let the steering wheel go it will then unwind, as far as no loaners that's BS threaten to give the car back. You can also have someone you trust with automotive knowledge check the car out for you
Old 11-10-10, 10:57 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

car will idle higher when it's cold outside, until the engine warms up.
Old 11-10-10, 11:56 AM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an 2008 GS350 AWD, and it doesn't vibrate at all.

The steering wheel return's a little slower then my IS350.

I've had over all good experiences at Massapequa, in Long Island. They should have loaners available.
Old 11-10-10, 12:17 PM
RDNXXX
Driver School Candidate

I have a Lexus 2008 GS 350 AWD, idle noise is not that bad i hear a slight tapping sound from the engine but thats normal.

Sounds like you have other issues going on, and i would be leary about driving it, get it looked at quickly before its stranding you, shaking or vibration as you discribed at light just should not happen.

Call the dealear and demand they they it in and make arrangements for loaner today. if not cal customer service number for lexus. We pay alot for these cars for them to not to address immediately, my dealearship always takes me in the same day and provides loaner when i call.
Old 11-10-10, 12:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if you have vibration that you can feel, something is not right. i have no vibration on my car at all
Old 11-10-10, 01:46 PM
TWong350

^^ as Henry states, you shouldn't have any vibrations where you can 'feel it through your entire body'. Something just isn't right. I wonder if the ALE Valve Spring recall has been performed yet or not.
Old 11-10-10, 02:18 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The loud noise from the engine is normal, the vibration on idle is definatly not normal i have the same issue. Bayridge lexus is OK not a really fan of them but i go to them. Call them make an appointment. I am actually planing to take my car in do to ruff idle.
Old 11-10-10, 02:36 PM
jenny27
Driver School Candidate

Wow, you guys are so awesome! Thank you so much!

I actually checked into the ALE Valve Spring recall and it turns out, my car had the part replaced mid-October this year. I read an article that says,

"If symptoms are noticed, such as vibration, rough idling, unusual engine sounds or poor performance, the vehicle should be brought to a Lexus dealer for service."

Those are exactly the symptoms I have noticed.
Is it possible that the replacement work has not been done properly? Did anyone have that replaced and still have the same symptoms?
Old 11-10-10, 03:32 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The loud noise from the engine is normal, the vibration on idle is definatly not normal i have the same issue. Bayridge lexus is OK not a really fan of them but i go to them. Call them make an appointment. I am actually planing to take my car in do to ruff idle.
Old 11-10-10, 04:55 PM
bs0dxi
Driver

wow and this is a CPO? shaking/vibration is definitely not normal.
Old 11-11-10, 01:12 AM
masterchri
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jenny27
Hi, I just got a 2008 GS350 two days ago. This is my first car and I do not know much about the car and was wondering if someone can help me with it.

The car is certified preowned but I already feel like it has problems. Since I do not know much about this car, I am not sure if it is suppose to function this way. So if you know something about the car, please tell me!!

1) When the car is stopped for a red light or something, I feel the car shake. It shake enough for me to feel it through my entire body.

2) When I turn my steering wheel, it is very stiff. You know how when you turn the wheel and you let it go, good cars automatically unwind[?] itself? But my car doesn't seem to do that.

3) My engine is loud. I know the engine is not V8 and it's only a V6 but is the engine suppose to be that loud? When I am inside my car with all the doors closed, I still hear my engine. It sounds like empty coke can with rocks inside.

Also, I bought my car from Lexus of Queens but they claim that they do not have any loaners car available until 11/22/2010 so I am planning on taking it to Lexus of Bay Ridge. Any opinion on Lexus of Queens and Bay Ridge will be appreciated too!

I am really new to this car.. or any car to be honest.
So if any GS experts are out there, please help me out!
Thank you! :]
1) i had a similar problem to this. Come to find out it was my brakes making the noise. There is a TSB for this.

2) I notice a slight difference in steering compared to my friends 2008 ES350. Our steering feels a bit more heavier. Test drove another 08 gs350. Felt just like mine. So Im gonna say it is normal.

3) You will hear the slight ticking sound while the car is idling. That is normal as everyone has said that it is the injectors. Get the valve spring recall done if you havent already done it, and see if that makes a difference
Old 11-11-10, 06:08 PM
maj75
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Did all these symptoms occur on your test drive? If so, why would you buy the car?

If it started after you bought the car, get it to a reputable dealer. There should not be a noticeable rattling noise or vibration and the car should not shake.

Something is wrong, and I would question the warranty repair being done right before you bought the car.
Old 11-15-10, 04:30 PM
NGlaser
Driver School Candidate

You may have aftermarket springs !!!

Quick Reply: Can someone help me with 2008 GS350? Please!