GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Lexus 22 inch rims staggered WILL THEY FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-10, 11:19 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnunez2
see the back looks like an 18" rim and the front looks plenty big. for the gs. i wnder how that would work? 20 front 21 in the back.
It would look absolutely ridiculous, that's why you get a wider wheel in the rear and stagger fit the car
Old 11-01-10, 11:24 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
how can you argue that it does look good? its a matter of opinion. your more than welcome to throw 22s on there. i think they fit well with a few minor tweeks but in the end its very hard to lower your car enough to make it look good imo.

here was my car with 22s

here it is with 20s

i just prefer the lower look over the bigger wheel
I really do love the first picture but it only work with adjustable suspension and nothing else, plus it will just sit on the tires when it lays out but I do love the look of the first picture.
Old 11-01-10, 11:25 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

What kind of 22s are those
Old 11-01-10, 01:08 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

that was with coilovers. i couldnt really go much lower in the front. those wheels were menzair 04s. just some cheap wheels to see how i liked it. wasnt for me though.
Old 11-01-10, 03:46 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres one lil small factor that seems to have eluded people, the damage thats going to happen on the tranny with running 22's, from what ive read around when you change up rims you wanna try and stay as close to factory in diamter size overall wheel circumference, for me Im gonna go with 245/30/20 8.5 all around due to I have an awd version and am not trying to mess that up
Old 11-01-10, 05:48 PM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
I really do love the first picture but it only work with adjustable suspension and nothing else, plus it will just sit on the tires when it lays out but I do love the look of the first picture.
im with you 100%. thats the problem you would need to have adjustable coilovers. in order to make it work like you want it too. about the transmission. im not 100% sure but i have not really heard anything bad about our transmissions. my last 99 accord coupe v6 had a horrible tranny. but it was a known fact. anywhere you typed in the tranny model you got a bunch or replies. i ran like 8.5- 9 in wide front and back 19" rims on that car. i did mess up the tranny. but i knew it was just a matter of time. since ive read no bad reviews on the gs350 tranny im going to assume its a strong tranny. btw those rims dont look cheap. actually look pretty good.
Old 11-01-10, 07:26 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

I would rock those 22s on my car as long as I was on air or hydro to raise and lower the car, but that the only way lol
Old 11-02-10, 02:35 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

im with you 100%. thats the problem you would need to have adjustable coilovers. in order to make it work like you want it too. about the transmission. im not 100% sure but i have not really heard anything bad about our transmissions. my last 99 accord coupe v6 had a horrible tranny. but it was a known fact. anywhere you typed in the tranny model you got a bunch or replies. i ran like 8.5- 9 in wide front and back 19" rims on that car. i did mess up the tranny. but i knew it was just a matter of time. since ive read no bad reviews on the gs350 tranny im going to assume its a strong tranny. btw those rims dont look cheap. actually look pretty good.
just because you have coilovers doesnt mean you can slam the car. that pics i posted was on coilovers. it all depends on your wheels. offset and tire size plays a huge factor in lowering also.

btw tire size for 22s is way too big for the awd gs tranny. im not sure about the rwd but if you have awd i would defintily stay away from 22s since you really need to be within 2% of the stock overall diameter.
Old 11-02-10, 03:24 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
just because you have coilovers doesnt mean you can slam the car. that pics i posted was on coilovers. it all depends on your wheels. offset and tire size plays a huge factor in lowering also.

btw tire size for 22s is way too big for the awd gs tranny. im not sure about the rwd but if you have awd i would defintily stay away from 22s since you really need to be within 2% of the stock overall diameter.
i have rwd, i was reffering to coilovers so i can adjust the height of the car accordiongly. i have done some wheel research and will do some more. by the time i have enough $, ill know 100% what im looking for. but the car looks good on 22's either way.
Old 11-02-10, 03:26 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
It would look absolutely ridiculous, that's why you get a wider wheel in the rear and stagger fit the car
why absolutely rediculous? the rear rim in this pic is staggered and still looks smaller than the front. have you tried it before? just curious.
Old 11-02-10, 07:21 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

why absolutely rediculous? the rear rim in this pic is staggered and still looks smaller than the front. have you tried it before? just curious.
Noooope the rear is not staggered and if u want your lexus to look like a top fuel or funny car so be it, mine as well throw a parachute on it too. Good luck bro if you wanna be different shoot!
Old 11-02-10, 07:26 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

imo its going to look funny.

1 - you would have to oversize the front tire which i wouldnt recommend
2 - if you did not oversize the front tire you'll get the illusion that the rear wheel is way oversized than the front
Old 11-02-10, 10:20 AM
johnnunez2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Noooope the rear is not staggered and if u want your lexus to look like a top fuel or funny car so be it, mine as well throw a parachute on it too. Good luck bro if you wanna be different shoot!
why would i want my lex to look like a top fuel car? this would be at most something to check out. not outright, do it. i see the car isnt staggered but the one i had gotten at first had staggered 20's and the rear did still look small. ( saw that car on the road last week, seems somebody made the mistake.poor guy/girl) what a mission to get this car to look 100%. i hope for the future 4gs they do something a bit bigger for the wheels. ive seen plenty of bmw 6 series,g37,and even 5 series with nice fitting 22's and low.its alright i guess ill get o it eventually. car still looks better on 22's.imo. i feel 20's are kind of small. maybe 21's! lol
Old 11-02-10, 10:41 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

I used to feel the same way that's why I spent damn near $8000 on a set of 22s. What an uneducated, impulsive mistake that was!! I always looked for overall size now I am fascinated with fitment now I can take turns ballin without running the risk of rolling over lol........

why would i want my lex to look like a top fuel car? this would be at most something to check out. not outright, do it. i see the car isnt staggered but the one i had gotten at first had staggered 20's and the rear did still look small. ( saw that car on the road last week, seems somebody made the mistake.poor guy/girl) what a mission to get this car to look 100%. i hope for the future 4gs they do something a bit bigger for the wheels. ive seen plenty of bmw 6 series,g37,and even 5 series with nice fitting 22's and low.its alright i guess ill get o it eventually. car still looks better on 22's.imo. i feel 20's are kind of small. maybe 21's! lol
Old 11-02-10, 11:01 AM
GJB
Driver School Candidate

how can you argue that that doesnt look right? 22;s look great on our cars.all you need now is a lipkit. maybe a small(very small) drop.what are the offsets? if you dont mind me asking. seems you went the right way. only 10 mins to get rid of rubbing on the front.
IDK the offsets.. i just placed a call to Asanti and told them the wheels I wanted and the size I wanted and they built them. I have no problem with clearence in the rear even with ppl sitting in the back seat. And the power loss is small considering mine's the 460.

Quick Reply: Lexus 22 inch rims staggered WILL THEY FIT?