GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-10, 07:00 PM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ASILVER
there's no reason why you can't do that with the iphone too...or via bluetooth..on the dice unit.

I have a droid...so it doesn't stream audio out of the usb....droid doesn't. lol
Can't you just have the MultiMediaLinQ access your Droid as a mass storage device instead of trying to stream music from it directly?
Old 07-20-10, 07:03 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAK 500
Can't you just have the MultiMediaLinQ access your Droid as a mass storage device instead of trying to stream music from it directly?
My personal main goal is to be able to run Pandora...you can't run pandora through usb on droid...only headphone jack or bluetooth.

I don't really care about having an "mp3" player being that at least the car does read mp3 cd's that's really all I need.

I'm coming from a TL where I had XM...this car doesn't have sat radio..and why bother paying for it anyways when Pandora plays more of what I like and it's free.

Iphone would increase the usefulness because all these aftermarket products are geared for those iphone owners.....I just have to be different I guess.
Old 07-20-10, 09:28 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What would u guys suggest for a regular wire for
My iphone to be able to listen to music, play videos, charge at the same time. Ofcourse with a good quality. While still be able to use steering wheel controlls.
Old 07-21-10, 07:42 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
What would u guys suggest for a regular wire for
My iphone to be able to listen to music, play videos, charge at the same time. Ofcourse with a good quality. While still be able to use steering wheel controlls.
At this point I think the Vaistech VML is the way to go.

Dice Mediabridge may be a better option but let's wait till our friend here has reviewed it.
Old 07-22-10, 10:44 AM
ASILVER
Driver

It just arrived, it's SMALL versus what I imagined in my head..fits in the palm of your hand probably under 4X4X1:

comes with:

usb cable for firmware updates
Microphone / cable
Usb extension cable (5 or 6 feet)
adapter cables to integrate with the car.

It also has 2 dipswitches on the box to allow it to work with cars of varying years / factory audio equipment.

It has a dedicated Sirius connector so you can add an external sirius module to have satellite radio in the car.

will install saturday
Old 07-22-10, 11:16 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ASILVER
It just arrived, it's SMALL versus what I imagined in my head..fits in the palm of your hand probably under 4X4X1:

comes with:

usb cable for firmware updates
Microphone / cable
Usb extension cable (5 or 6 feet)
adapter cables to integrate with the car.

It also has 2 dipswitches on the box to allow it to work with cars of varying years / factory audio equipment.

It has a dedicated Sirius connector so you can add an external sirius module to have satellite radio in the car.

will install saturday
You just identified a big advantage of this thing over the Vaistech VML. The Vaistech is quite big and difficult to place.
Old 07-22-10, 11:23 AM
ASILVER
Driver

the instructions recommend locating it in the glove box....but I'll probably just hide it behind and run the firmware update usb NOW so that if I need to update firmware I can just plug it into my laptop and upgrade.

looks pretty cool..getting excited.

too bad the place I purchase the JL 12w6 from off ebay shipped me a used defective sub otherwise the project could be 100% complete by saturday...oh well...they are replacing it claiming accidentally put this blown one back on the shelf instead of in defectives....we'll see.
Old 07-22-10, 11:46 AM
ASILVER
Driver

AND I just got my 4080 enclosure....too bad I don't own an IS...jesus really...why is everything I'm ordering getting F'd up.
Old 07-24-10, 12:28 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Media Bridge is installed:

Hooked up to Droid: via bluetooth, doesn't work via USB b/c the droid doesn't output audio via usb. it also doesn't charge the droid via usb so I hardwired a charger cable so I have the droid in the car dock in on the windshield and hardwired...win.

The sound is perfect, the volume is identical as CD so there's no audible change in signal to noise ratio from cd to bluetooth.

ADDITIONAL NOTES: even on blue tooth I can control the phone with fast forward and rewind, not just on the mp3s on the phone but I can fast forward on Pandora also. pretty cool.

The phone doesn't display any text for songs, that's kind of a bummer but I bet an Ipod would.

I ran the mediabridge into the glove box so it's easy to access for firmware updates and if I add a ipod in the future I can get to it easily.

Sweeeetttttt....needed pandora in the car.
Old 07-24-10, 01:04 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Great. Congratulations.

Please tell us more:

1) How is the sound quality over bluetooth?

2) Are you unable to use the car phone when streaming over bluetooth?

3) If you use the Mediabridge bluetooth phone feature is the sound to the other party better or worse than the factory bluetooth phone?

4) Have you tried connecting an iPod to the USB? I'm curious how the sound quality of that would compare to the bluetooth?
Old 07-24-10, 01:11 PM
ASILVER
Driver

Originally Posted by batman75
Great. Congratulations.

Please tell us more:

1) How is the sound quality over bluetooth?

2) Are you unable to use the car phone when streaming over bluetooth?

3) If you use the Mediabridge bluetooth phone feature is the sound to the other party better or worse than the factory bluetooth phone?

4) Have you tried connecting an iPod to the USB? I'm curious how the sound quality of that would compare to the bluetooth?
1: sound quality is perfect
2: the phone can only connect to one device at a time via bluetooth so if someone calls you while you're using the phone to listen to music, it automatically mutes the music and comes in crystal clear through the speakers. The steering wheel controls are fast forward to answer and rewind to hang up...I think lol haven't really messed wtih it much.
3: I tried to test this but haven't made a call to anything except voicemail yet.
4: I don't own an ipod lol so can't test this.

5: forgot to mention you can adjust the volume of the mediabrige via the touchscreen AND you can adjust the treble midrange and bass of the mediabridge via the touchscreen, so that's pretty forward thinking.
Old 07-24-10, 01:33 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

This sounds really great.

Have you tried plugging in a USB stick with mp3s in folders organized by artist or album?
Old 07-24-10, 04:06 PM
ASILVER
Driver

I dont own a usb stick either....I know I suck.
Old 07-25-10, 09:43 PM
ASILVER
Driver

installed my amp today....played with the pandora via bluetooth a little more. I can hear some clicking sounds which is typically distortion EXCEPT it occurs more at low volume and not on every song and dissapears when I turn up the volume.

the mediabridge has it's own volume control but also has a GAIN control...coming from a car audio background I'm guessing the gain has to do with voltage output, so I tried adjusting it but didn't see much results.

I think I'll try running a headphone jack externally to see if the clicking goes away.
Old 07-26-10, 04:06 PM
NAK
Rookie

I borrowed Sennheiser MM 200 Bluetooth Wireless Headset from my friend. Bluetooth playback is Ok, but not great, perfect, crystal clear and etc. More I listen, more I feel something is not right. I can hear some weird distortion. When music fading I can clearly hear hissing noise. So I decided to do some testing using my desktop computer, Bluetooth 2.1 USB dongle, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro and RightMark Audio Analyzer software and iPhone 4.
You can see results of my testing below.

"Frequency response" clearly show bluetooth problem in the range of 2.5..20 kHz. Range of frequencies between 15 and 20kHz was not reproduced at all.
Level of harmonic distortions (THD %) for wired iPhone connection was 0.0038% and for bluetooth was 0.132%.
IMD+noise (intermodulation distortion) % for wired iPhone 4 - 0.0097% and 0.4000% for bluetooth.

A2DP employs Sub Band Compression (SBC compression), which is lossy compression. The purpose of SBC compression is to make the information fit onto the bluetooth stream. If your files or for example Pandora stream compressed with 128 Kbps rate the distortions will not be really noticeable (but still there). As long as you decide to go with higher bandwidth for example use 256 Kbps or even 320 Kbps compression (which is necessary to be close to CD quality) you are going to pay a heavy penalty, because of SBC compression.
Attached Thumbnails Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth-rmaa-bfr.jpg   Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth-rmaa-b-thd-noise.jpg   Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth-rmaa-b-imd.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dice Mediabridge with bluetooth