GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Were the F-sport sway noise issues fixed

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 08:05 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Were the F-sport sway noise issues fixed

Does anyone know if the sway bars have been modified since people reported noise from the original ones?
Old 02-06-10, 08:13 PM
wingster
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, not that I'm aware... and I am waiting.
Old 02-06-10, 08:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am waiting as well. My car is at 49k and I have an extended warranty but the warranties never cover rattles and squeaks. I am probably going to take her in one more time next week to have this buzzing noise I have in the door and to take a look at maybe putting some felt tape underneath the bushing.

Supposedly they were looking into designing a new sway bar bushing but I am not holding my breath. My F Sport sway bars rattle and my intake makes absolutely no noise whatsoever ................. WTF!!!!!! I am not happy with my F sport parts.
Old 02-07-10, 05:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Still have no issues with mine to report I still think this is how they are/where installed and again I also replaced my end links. Just go get them
Old 02-07-10, 06:06 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

When I go on the website for ZF-sport, included in the description are "Special high durometer dry lube impregnated rubber bushings to maintain a quiet ride on the street. 75 durometer hardness"

Is this new or did they say that when you guys bought yours?

Also is this worthwhile if you already have AVS?
Old 02-07-10, 08:17 AM
wingster
Driver

Originally Posted by batman75
When I go on the website for ZF-sport, included in the description are "Special high durometer dry lube impregnated rubber bushings to maintain a quiet ride on the street. 75 durometer hardness"

Is this new or did they say that when you guys bought yours?
They had the same discription when I bought mine... When they first came out... back in June 2009. Wow, it's been over half a year with this problem. My understanding, is that Lexus/TRD acknowleges of the problem way back in July, and there is still no perminate solution.

Jreby95 (Club Lexus Member), states that TRD was working on a fix back in August. See his post:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4749010-post73.html

Last edited by wingster; 02-07-10 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-07-10, 09:39 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

I'm going to wait until this is addressed then.

Any news from Leeladisky? I know he put his on a GS460. I am curious how it works with AVS cars.
Old 02-07-10, 12:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I had my bushing replaced and it solved 90% of the problem. Its rare but its still there. I think many other owner have the same issue but dont realize it because its relatively subtle and they probably drive on crappier roads than what I have here in AZ (perfect roads) so they are used to the knocks that come with poor road surface
Old 02-07-10, 01:21 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I had my bushing replaced and it solved 90% of the problem. Its rare but its still there. I think many other owner have the same issue but dont realize it because its relatively subtle and they probably drive on crappier roads than what I have here in AZ (perfect roads) so they are used to the knocks that come with poor road surface
Miami has third world roads. Really bad. If bad roads can surface noises and rattles, then I will experience it.
Old 02-07-10, 03:25 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ditto here, i'm waiting for a fix before i get the sways.
Old 02-08-10, 09:06 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by batman75
I'm going to wait until this is addressed then.

Any news from Leeladisky? I know he put his on a GS460. I am curious how it works with AVS cars.
No fix that I am aware of and the "temp" fix they instituted at the dealer is starting to die.... :-(

L
Old 02-08-10, 09:34 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i wonder if the "best" solution would be to get aftermarket bushings to go with the sways? seems like the wrong way to go about it (spending more money for something that should be right in the first place), but i don't know what other solution we can go with if lexus ignores the problem?
Old 02-08-10, 10:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

In have had a 80-90% drop in the frequency of the noise but its still there. New bushings will at least help. The new redesigned set would really be nice. I think its a shame that Toyota doesnt stand by these new sway bars. The fix is not rocket science. They need to get it together.
Old 02-09-10, 05:50 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

The noise is worse in colder weather. I'm extremely disappointed with this mod. If the knocking goes away in the warmer weather, I'll be fine.

Problem is, Toyota/Lexus have more pressing issues right now...highly doubt they're working on fixing these right now.
Old 02-09-10, 07:43 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtrue28
The noise is worse in colder weather. I'm extremely disappointed with this mod. If the knocking goes away in the warmer weather, I'll be fine.

Problem is, Toyota/Lexus have more pressing issues right now...highly doubt they're working on fixing these right now.
They should be working on it. There's no reason for the F-sport development team to be working on the pedal recall or the Prius issue.

Quick Reply: Were the F-sport sway noise issues fixed