ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011-153/)
-   -   Help!!! Vent modes not working (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/467112-help-vent-modes-not-working.html)

VIPNiSS 11-30-09 12:19 PM

Help!!! Vent modes not working

My A/C vent modes are not working. I can set the mode to blow at the face, feet, face and feet, and etc.. none of the combinations work. The only air that comes out is from the defrost vents.

Also sometimes when I start the car the front defrost button just blinks yellow for about 10-20 seconds and will not respond to any buttons that i push that is apart of the climate.

Everything else still works just fine. A/C and Heat but it just wont let me change the position of where the air blows out of.

Any ideas?

jtrue28 11-30-09 12:26 PM

do you have it on "AUTO"?

VIPNiSS 11-30-09 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by jtrue28 (Post 5038303)
do you have it on "AUTO"?

AUTO or not it still does it.

passnu2 11-30-09 12:33 PM

only thing I can think of is there is a "servo" (assuming thats what its called) that basically moves the stuff around as you change from feet, vent, ect....

Do you have any wires behind your stereo/navi unit that may have got stuck? Its possible a loose wire or something may have gotten stuck between the servo as it was trying to move and its now stuck or broken? If not take it to the dealer assuming you have warranty or CPO.

Outside of this I am not sure what else is causing this.

VIPNiSS 11-30-09 12:40 PM

I have extended warranty but its $100 deductible. I didn't know if it was something simple and was a quick fix.

passnu2 11-30-09 12:54 PM

^ can you take out the unit to see? Its not hard to remove and its possible you may find what is going on. Or if you cant find anything wrong maybe pull the fuse or the plugs in the back of the unit to see if it will reset. Not sure it will do anything but it cant hurt to try.

I8ABMR 11-30-09 04:10 PM

for a 100 dollar deductible I would rather have certified Lexus tech fix it for you. Sounds like you may have a small issue with the system

VIPNiSS 11-30-09 08:50 PM

yeah.. i think i will take the plunge and have the dealer fix it.

waijai 12-08-09 12:17 PM

Are you out of your regular warranty Tommy?

VIPNiSS 12-08-09 12:44 PM

Yeah. But I do have extended

IXI187IXI 12-08-09 12:51 PM

so did you take it in? kinda curious to see what the problem is.

$100 deductable is not bad considering what the price for the parts are for these cars.

topperdogg 11-11-17 06:12 AM

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but did you find what the issue was? This is exactly what happens on my car. I pulled out the mode servo (driver's side) and it does work when dangling (not trying to turn the cogs). When I try to turn the cog by hand, it's pretty stuck. No idea where to turn next, also considering going to the dealer. :(

lexpanic 07-26-18 01:24 PM

Cool thanks for making this thread I think when I changed out my stereo I probably jammed one of the wires from my stereo harness into the mode servo motor and messed it up!

Japmand 05-02-23 10:37 PM

I had this same problem today. I'm going on a hunch here, but I'm thinking it's the remote start wiring getting jammed up in one of the flappers. Makes a slight click noise when trying to move, then it just gives up trying. Stuck on windshield defrost mode and that button flashes sometimes. i held it down and the selection options came back. Will diagnose in the next couple days.

Just found this one too:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...o-replace.html

Solution: Pulled the remote start down and moved it to the left behind the dead pedal. It must have been hitting something up to the right of the gas pedal. Found out my recirculation door is broken, but I never use "fresh" (stinky exhaust smelling) air anyway, so I think I'm going to leave it shut.