GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Which wheels for a Glaciew White Frost GS?
D2 Forged
58.82%
Vossen Forged
35.29%
360 Forged
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

HELP: 20" Brushed Face / High Polished Lip.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 10:58 AM
Iocca
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...360forged.html
Old 10-03-09, 12:35 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - Thx. 360's off the list.
Old 10-03-09, 01:54 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

This is a very tough decision......
Old 10-03-09, 04:07 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentyTen
Wow - Thx. 360's off the list.
DOn't be so hasty. 360 Forged is now owned by another company that has picked up the pieces and taken care of all the problems. I think the company is DST but I'll have to check on MBWorld and 6speed to make sure.
I'm not advocating for them just wanted you to know the updated information on them.
Old 10-03-09, 04:47 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i personally wouldn't buy from any of these small wheel companies.

if they're still around after 5 years, maybe i'll consider
Old 10-03-09, 06:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

As you can see from the polls D2 is killing it from a long shot. I've bought two sets of wheels from Derrick and the Man knows his stuff. I think the polls speak for themselves.. D2 FTW..

I don't think lettering on the wheel spokes should determine your decision for wheels. thats ridiculous
Old 10-03-09, 07:54 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmf2004
As you can see from the polls D2 is killing it from a long shot. I've bought two sets of wheels from Derrick and the Man knows his stuff. I think the polls speak for themselves.. D2 FTW..
4 to 3 is not killing it by a long shot. hah.

i think the vossen design is more unique.

the D2 looks so plain

But I'll help you decide:

you should have a mod move this to Car Chat, and you can copy this chop to the first post..

More people will vote there.

Last edited by dunnojack; 10-03-09 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-03-09, 09:19 PM
Tommy350
Lead Lap

if price is a issue....

vossen is the best for price... and turn around is good too

360 forged, i'd buy used so i dont have to go through the trouble they'd put you through(just refinish/ repower coat them)
Old 10-03-09, 10:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I say stick with Vossen. When was the last time you ever heard of a wheel manufacturer offering to send a person a wheel so the can se the quality for themselves . I am impressed by the confidence and by the level of backing the give their products. If I need/want a new set of wheels I am going to check them out
Old 10-03-09, 11:28 PM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TwentyTen
Like what? Barrels cracking? Bad customer service?
360 forged, I can honestly say they have been through a lot. Yes, at one time they had a very big problem. Today, they are indeed under new management SO that means they are more stable and slowly coming back. The new own seems to be a stand up guy, they are still warrantying the work from the previous owner's wheels that were sold. Given, the bad exposure they have gotten in the past, they will never recover IMO to when people were buying them like hot cakes. I bought mine wayyy before any of the problems, my wheels have no rust or anything.

Take my word on this, I know more about the newer companies that are spring up and which ones are more reliable then others.
Old 10-04-09, 01:56 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ek9vboi

Take my word on this, I know more about the newer companies that are spring up and which ones are more reliable then others.

of course

it seems every new wheel company is popping up in miami
Old 10-04-09, 03:27 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
of course

it seems every new wheel company is popping up in miami
Yea i saw that 4 to 3 after i posted.. Pretty funny...
Old 10-04-09, 08:48 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ek9vboi
360 forged, I can honestly say they have been through a lot. Yes, at one time they had a very big problem. Today, they are indeed under new management SO that means they are more stable and slowly coming back. The new own seems to be a stand up guy, they are still warrantying the work from the previous owner's wheels that were sold. Given, the bad exposure they have gotten in the past, they will never recover IMO to when people were buying them like hot cakes. I bought mine wayyy before any of the problems, my wheels have no rust or anything.

Thx for chiming in vboy - I remember this same thing happening to iForged a few years ago. They were getting slammed for poor customer service and taking forever to ship out wheels. They eventually recovered and rebuilt their reputation. Looks like 360 is going through the same thing. Warrantying work fromt he previous owners wheels says a lot about how the new owner manages the company.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-09, 09:00 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Regarding the name printed on the spoke: I love it!! That's one of the features I like about the Vossen's & D2's.

D2s: I love the curvature of the spoke, not too extreme and not completely flat. I like the bolt pattern but don't like the way the end of the spoke flares out into a wide triangle. Not a deal breaker though. I also like that D2 seals their brushed faces with a clear coat. Haven't seen what this looks like in real life but rust-free and scratch-free is a good selling point.

Vossens: The design of the split spoke, especially, between the spokes and the outer rim on the face, is unique and just HOT. I also like the 10-bolt pattern and curvature of the spoke on these.

Centercap: This counts for me! A crappy centercap can mess up the whole flow of the wheel like putting a big orange stocker on the side of your car. I like the etched centercaps of iForged & D2. A chrome centercap on a brushed face would look stupid to me. That's the only time I would replace it with the Lexus logo.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback - I'm still undecided.

//
Old 10-04-09, 09:09 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunnojack
4 to 3 is not killing it by a long shot. hah.

i think the vossen design is more unique.

the D2 looks so plain

But I'll help you decide:

you should have a mod move this to Car Chat, and you can copy this chop to the first post..

More people will vote there.
This helps a LOT. I keep staring at the two thinking, OK, D2's are the one. Then, Okay, Vossen it is!! Doh!!!

Quick Reply: HELP: 20" Brushed Face / High Polished Lip.