GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Infiniti 19 sport wheels on 06 gs 300

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 10:26 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Disagreement is not hate, especially with a solid rational behind it? Sounds like a bunch of people want to just rice anything and everything nowadays.

What happened to people doing the right thing?
Where was the solid rational behind all the hate? I have yet to read any legitimate reasons these shouldnt be put on a GS, only opinions.

A quality made wheel at a reasonable price. You can't argue with that. Some people are too blinded by brands.

Buying a cheap aftermarket wheel and putting it on the car is more "rice" than putting these on
Old 08-12-09, 10:38 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a bunch of people want to just rice anything and everything nowadays.

G35 wheels on a GS does not fall under the definition of "rice". Now, putting G35 wheels on a Lexus and then slapping a NISMO sticker on it would qualify as rice.
Old 08-12-09, 10:43 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

C-mon 1SICKLEX, I would not call this 'rice' at all. I mean, Infiniti is not some cheap company, they make good cars too. And they have some nice rims as well. However, I agree with you that putting some aftermarket crap on a luxury sedan is wrong.

heh and I may be blind, but I dont really see the big difference, both look almost identical to me...

Old 08-12-09, 10:55 PM
1STLXS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Disagreement is not hate, especially with a solid rational behind it? Sounds like a bunch of people want to just rice anything and everything nowadays.

1SICKLEX,

I think what Sniip3r was saying there is alot of:

Heated
disAagreement
Toward
Each other lately.

Hey bro,
If you will allow me and please do not take this personal but how does "doing the right thing" relate to choosing a particular wheel for your car or choosing to do a certain modification. In the end those particular things all boil down to personal preference, budgets, etc..... not on what is or isn't right. "doing the right thing" has a deeper meaning as it relates to convictions and morality, not on what is or isn't a good modification. As I have stated in another thread I appreciate all the time and effort that individuals as yourself and many others have put into this but I have begun to see almost a strong biased opinion (for lack of a better word) of what is an acceptable mod and what isn't. Please know that I truly mean no disrespect to you. Just throwing in my (.02).

ps: I think the wheels look nice especially if you put a lexus logo on it (just my opinion for what it's worth which isn't much)
Old 08-12-09, 10:57 PM
3GSPANDA
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
C-mon 1SICKLEX, I would not call this 'rice' at all. I mean, Infiniti is not some cheap company, they make good cars too. And they have some nice rims as well. However, I agree with you that putting some aftermarket crap on a luxury sedan is wrong.

heh and I may be blind, but I dont really see the big difference, both look almost identical to me...

wow these two look so similar , now can some one chop up m45 rims on gs ? i might be able to get my hand on set of m45 rims ...... thanks for your help
Old 08-13-09, 01:00 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that actually looks pretty nice........
Old 08-13-09, 05:26 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

who makes the rules on what is right and what is wrong in car modding? bottom line is, no matter what you do to your car you'll always have atleast one person that will hate what you did and say its wrong. does that mean we should not mod our cars at all?
Old 08-13-09, 06:35 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

1SICK is going to have a field day with all these posts
Old 08-13-09, 06:53 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
who makes the rules on what is right and what is wrong in car modding? bottom line is, no matter what you do to your car you'll always have atleast one person that will hate what you did and say its wrong. does that mean we should not mod our cars at all?
You made a good point. It took me about 5 years to get my SC to the point it is now and no matter what someone will always not like what I've done. If it was up to the SC forums I would have OEM Body Conversion and conservative 18's. One member here at a meet was quick to point out I had replica toyota visors and doubted that I had a usdm gte motor and then proceeded to brag about getting an XS Power Turbo Kit . In the end you have to do what pleases you, I built my car for me and not CL. I don't do shows or care much for who else has what. People are entitled to their own opinions and free speech is a constitutional right. Some people feel really strong about other car manufacturer's wheels on a Lexus and that's ok. I personally like the Infiniti wheels the fitment is much more aggresive and I would choose that over a cast 1 piece wheel. Mod your car for you and not the forums.
Old 08-13-09, 07:17 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Enkei doesn't sell those wheels without the Infiniti emblem?
Old 08-13-09, 08:02 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Yang1815
So Enkei doesn't sell those wheels without the Infiniti emblem?
I would hope that it's just a cap that can be switched out with our L caps. I am starting to really like the version on the rear wheels on the pictures above. I like the 10-spoke ISF wheels, but I'm not about to pay $6500 for wheels...that's overkill and ridiculous.

How much do these wheels cost new? can they be ordered from an Infiniti dealership. the more I look at them the more I like.
Old 08-13-09, 08:08 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys lets get this thread back on topic please and respect the opinions of other members.
I'm going to quote myself one last time before closing this thread. Knock off the personal commentary and baiting (which continued long after my prior request).

Please keep the discussion on the topic of your opinion about these wheels not on the people posting in the thread.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-13-09 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-13-09, 08:36 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
^^ i agree on this.

1SICKLEX, don't mean to disrespect you whatsoever, but your statement about "put nice Infiniti wheels on Lexus is not right or rice-y" is what make people like myself afraid to buy nice Infiniti wheels for my GS because I know someone gonna say something if I post my picture in CL. Infinity is not a cheap brand and I bet they built those rims w/ high superb quality as well which might be have the same/close quality as other expensive brand name rims around here. I know I shouldn't care what people think but sometimes we try to build/modify something to impress people as well, aren't we ? There should be a BOLD line between putting Infiniti / other good brand name wheels
and rice-y wheels.

Originally Posted by GSteg
1SICK is going to have a field day with all these posts
lol...i guess so...

to OP : that's a nice wheels, i wish i can afford one right now...lol.
Old 08-13-09, 08:42 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack

ignore the fact that these are infiniti (well really, enkei) wheels for a minute. They look good don't they?

The wheels do look damn good on the GS. In fact, this is what a sport sedan should look like.

But now the car sort of reminds me of an M45 rather than a GS

As far as the OEM 17s go..the design isn't too bad. it's the size that's the problem. 17" may look good on the 2GS, but a 3GS body is simply too big for 17". It's beginning to look like 16s on a 2GS.
Old 08-13-09, 08:51 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm all for Nice wheels I have Volks on my car, but hell i had Mustang Saleen replica wheels on my last car and lots of people liked the way that car looks even more then the one i have now.

Doing it right isn't how much you spent, it's simply doing things right.

cherplex said it best though, build your car for yourself not for everyone else.

I think those infiniti wheels look great on the GS, it's a shame more lexus don't come with half descent wheels from the factory.

Quick Reply: Infiniti 19 sport wheels on 06 gs 300