GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Infiniti 19 sport wheels on 06 gs 300

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 07:20 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
why all the hate?

the wheels look good. i think they look better than all the other lexus OEM wheels.

and yes, they will fit. same bolt pattern. no bbk to clear. they fit the G35 sedan perfectly. no reason they wouldn't fit the GS with/without spacers.

slap on a lip, and you're gold
Not bad at all. Do they come in chrome?
Old 08-12-09, 07:42 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Look he can put some Mazda wheels on his GS for all I care but don't get upset when its frowned upon or people are vocal for NOT supporting it. He asked on a forum what do we think.

Swapping OEM wheels from one brand to the next is incomprehensible to me. Its not just about "the look", thats why we have people buying knock-off crap.

Its about doing what is right, because it is right.

Its amazing the loopholes people come up with to "justify" something asinine. People have overdone it to the 2GS and I said from day one its stupid. People still do it. If people start doing it to the 3GS its time for me to just by a Mini Cooper and call it a day.

This is no different than the asshats clapping and giving high-fives to VIPstyle Staggered wheels on FWD cars.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!??!?!

When did common sense become this damn uncommon?

He doesn't have to spend tons of money on wheels, he can find some good 19s or 20s from many of our vendors for under $1500.
I have to agree with dunnojack on this one. i understand where your coming from but it doesnt make him wrong for wanting to do it. It may not be something you like but it doesnt make it wrong. The whole point of car forums and modding is to support other members even if its something you may not like. i personally dont see the point in putting a body kit on the GS but im not going to go around and say its wrong because i dont share the same view as someone else.

I guess its wrong for people to swap acura/honda wheels on their acura/hondas? that is the most common swap you see.

Last edited by IXI187IXI; 08-12-09 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-12-09, 09:30 AM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it looks good.
Old 08-12-09, 10:15 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hit up the infiniti forums and see if anyone is selling them in your area.

maybe you can test fit one side and see how you like the fitment.

if you do get these wheels, be sure to post back here with real pics.
Old 08-12-09, 10:21 AM
spine911
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noteworthy:

Wheel width of the Infiniti/Enkei 19s is 8.5 vs. the Toyota/CMC 19 Highlander 7.5.
Old 08-12-09, 11:32 AM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

These wheels look great!

I will be picking up a set when my current tires are worn out. You can find a set for under $1k with tires.

Flame all you want, but I'd still rather have these than some of the cheap wheels i see on some of the cars on this forum.
Old 08-12-09, 11:38 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
These wheels look great!

I will be picking up a set when my current tires are worn out. You can find a set for under $1k with tires.

Flame all you want, but I'd still rather have these than some of the cheap wheels i see on some of the cars on this forum.
I'd rather they trade the GS in, get a G37 sedan which looks like a GS anyway and throw the 19" wheels on there.

I'll help them trade the GS in.
Old 08-12-09, 12:04 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by spine911
Noteworthy:

Wheel width of the Infiniti/Enkei 19s is 8.5 vs. the Toyota/CMC 19 Highlander 7.5.
yes!....which is exactly why I never touched those Highlander wheels...even though they looked good....too narrow for a 19 - 20" wheel. my next door neighbor has a Venza and it just doesn't look right with 20 x 7.5" wheels.

Enkei is a good brand...take the center cap off and replace it with your L caps and be done with it. Post pics afterwards....from DJs photoshop... the wheels look really nice on the GS.
Old 08-12-09, 12:48 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

lemme go on record to say I also think its stupid when i see cars with another make of vehicles' wheels on it. i think it looks cheap and for lack of a better expression..."thrown together".

Originally Posted by dunnojack
Would these wheels become 100% acceptable if they came with Enkei center caps instead of Infiniti ones?
Listen......to the "non car people" and the unknowledgeable people on the street, the answer to this question is YES. its acceptable. to anyone who knows cars and who is in the scene if you will......the answer is NO!!!

im not an idiot. you can try to disguise pretty much any factory wheel by putting another name on it or even painting it, and if you put it on your car thinking it looks cool.........it doesnt. you just took the CHEAP way out and made yourself look stupid.

IMHO.
Old 08-12-09, 12:51 PM
yogregb
Driver

wow, didn't see the big contro coming on this, the reason this whole thing came up was I just bought the wife a 09 g37 coupe with these wheels on it and it was parked in the garage side by side with my gs and I thought these would look pretty good for the money, yes they can be had for about 1200 used.. I have to agree with Dunnojack on this one, and thanks alot for posting the pic. I like them because they don't have a lip and that they are 19's. I think the offset are 38???
Old 08-12-09, 12:55 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by yogregb
wow, didn't see the big contro coming on this, the reason this whole thing came up was I just bought the wife a 09 g37 coupe with these wheels on it
even better.

swap one side and post pics !!!!
Old 08-12-09, 12:57 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Go for it.......in the end you build it for you not CL.
Old 08-12-09, 01:02 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07350FROST
lemme go on record to say I also think its stupid when i see cars with another make of vehicles' wheels on it. i think it looks cheap and for lack of a better expression..."thrown together".

Listen......to the "non car people" and the unknowledgeable people on the street, the answer to this question is YES. its acceptable. to anyone who knows cars and who is in the scene if you will......the answer is NO!!!

im not an idiot. you can try to disguise pretty much any factory wheel by putting another name on it or even painting it, and if you put it on your car thinking it looks cool.........it doesnt. you just took the CHEAP way out and made yourself look stupid.

IMHO.

Kinda like how painting stock brakes gives that BBK look, but to a real car enthusiast they know you just sprayed some paint on stock calipers =P

Not trying to insult you, just trying to make u see things from the other side
Old 08-12-09, 01:03 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07350FROST

IMHO.

not everyone wants to be O.G and "in the scene".

they just want wheels that are not such an everyday eyesore. they are not out to impress anyone.

keep in mind, the OP is upgrading from this and the 17">>

anyone who puts infiniti wheels on their car and changes the center caps is not looking to be in 'the car scene'.

and if you never knew these were infiniti wheels, you wouldn't even bat an eye. the wheel style, taken alone, complements the car well enough.

some of you are just psychologically hung up on the fact that these came from an infiniti.

seems like any mention of non-lexus wheels on this forum turns into a gang initiation.
Old 08-12-09, 01:07 PM
yogregb
Driver

All right, great suggestion, I'll do it this weekend and post the pics

Quick Reply: Infiniti 19 sport wheels on 06 gs 300