GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Finally...Fsport Wheels, TTE Springs and Nitto Tires - '08 GS460!!!!

Old 03-11-10, 08:48 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been so busy, haven't had a chance... will post more.
Old 03-11-10, 10:50 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
Been so busy, haven't had a chance... will post more.
Mate - can you answer my question as a fellow GS460 driver? You're pretty much the only person I know who can answer this.

How are the springs? Do they create a BMW like ride (soft over bumps but grippy in curves) or is it like an Audi ride (firm and jarring on bumpy or rough surface roads)

also does the factory AVS still adjust the damping between firm and normal?
Old 03-11-10, 11:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

i can say for sure the avs will still adjust the dampening. as long as you are with stock shocks, avs will still work
Old 03-12-10, 05:19 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i can say for sure the avs will still adjust the dampening. as long as you are with stock shocks, avs will still work
I'm no suspension expert so you are saying the avs works on the shocks, and changing the springs doesn't affect that?
Old 03-12-10, 06:01 AM
Rain
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good
Old 03-12-10, 07:00 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Do lowering springs make the ride stiffer? I find it needs to be more supple in normal, but with same or less amount of body-roll when shocks are set to sport.
Old 03-12-10, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by batman75
I'm no suspension expert so you are saying the avs works on the shocks, and changing the springs doesn't affect that?
correct, avs works by turning and thus adjusting the dampening on the shock (at the top of the shocks). so changing springs won't have effect on it

Do lowering springs make the ride stiffer? I find it needs to be more supple in normal, but with same or less amount of body-roll when shocks are set to sport.
lowering springs will affect ride for sure. how much it affects, that depends on the springs of course

imho, springs might not reduce roll too noticeably. if you want to reduce roll without sacrificing too much ride, sway bars are the right way to go. f sport is coming out with a fix on the bushings for the sways it seems, that might be what you want to look at
Old 03-12-10, 09:43 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

correct, avs works by turning and thus adjusting the dampening on the shock (at the top of the shocks). so changing springs won't have effect on it

lowering springs will affect ride for sure. how much it affects, that depends on the springs of course

imho, springs might not reduce roll too noticeably. if you want to reduce roll without sacrificing too much ride, sway bars are the right way to go. f sport is coming out with a fix on the bushings for the sways it seems, that might be what you want to look at
Thanks, Henry. Do you have a suggestion on how I can soften the ride when AVS is in normal mode? I still find it rides too rough on bad roads (I mean rougher than my old BMW 330i with sport package).
Old 03-12-10, 12:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Thanks, Henry. Do you have a suggestion on how I can soften the ride when AVS is in normal mode? I still find it rides too rough on bad roads (I mean rougher than my old BMW 330i with sport package).
have you tried in comfort mode, does it help? or it's giving you too much sacrifice on the roll? if the ride in comfort is good, then maybe the sways will help you gain back the handling while keeping it in the softer ride

the characteristic of the system is basically a combo of the stock springs and shocks together, and a lot of times a different shock might help. but of course you lose the avs feature.
Old 03-12-10, 01:19 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

have you tried in comfort mode, does it help? or it's giving you too much sacrifice on the roll? if the ride in comfort is good, then maybe the sways will help you gain back the handling while keeping it in the softer ride

the characteristic of the system is basically a combo of the stock springs and shocks together, and a lot of times a different shock might help. but of course you lose the avs feature.
Unfortunately the GS460 doesn't have a comfort mode. Just normal and sport.
Old 03-12-10, 01:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Unfortunately the GS460 doesn't have a comfort mode. Just normal and sport.
oh, sorry about that, i must have mixed it up with the air suspension on ls460 @_@

i think in your case it's just really the characteristic of the stock setup itself...
Old 03-12-10, 02:10 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Yes. I wish the GS460 had LS460 air suspension.
Old 04-29-10, 12:14 PM
Slamking18
Driver

FYI... I just got off the phone with Carson Lexus (l-tunedparts.com) and they said the TTE's are no longer being imported in so they are unavailable. Unless any of you guys know of other websites that can get these, it looks like we are stuck with Tanabe, Eibach, F-Sport, or Tien in which none of them have tested with the GS460.
Old 04-29-10, 01:37 PM
sherwoodgs
Driver School Candidate

please post better pics, i am very interested in this setup.
Old 05-01-10, 11:05 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

The Eibach springs are very comfortable, and the drop is perfect.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally...Fsport Wheels, TTE Springs and Nitto Tires - '08 GS460!!!!