VLENE Existence 3GS aero kit - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

VLENE Existence 3GS aero kit

Old 02-07-09, 09:51 PM
  #1  
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,607
Thanked 70 Times in 43 Posts
Default VLENE Existence 3GS aero kit

I was wondering if you guys have ever seen this kit on a 3GS in the flesh. I think its the nicest kit for the GS, and I have never seen another member with this kit. The JP, Aimgain, and autocouture seem very common. I quit smoking 4 months ago. If I make it to 6 months I am getting a kit. I want to reward myself
I8ABMR is offline  
Old 02-07-09, 11:00 PM
  #2  
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 81,244
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default

JP and aimgain very common? i am not sure about that
rominl is offline  
Old 02-07-09, 11:07 PM
  #3  
Mesca
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (28)
 
Mesca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 2,465
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Rear is okay, but I don't like the front.
Mesca is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 12:11 AM
  #4  
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: californication
Posts: 6,806
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mesca View Post
Rear is okay, but I don't like the front.
i don't like any of the pieces.

front mouth doesn't match the lines of the car

side skirts looked tacked on.


rear bumper = wtf is up with that arch. it's eating into the bulk of the bumper.

dunnojack is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 01:07 AM
  #5  
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 3,003
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

DO NOT WANT!

There is your reason for why the A/C and so on are preferred by people who actually buy the stuff and why its more seen then the kit you talk of. Also, if you haven't noticed... maybe 20% of people actually go out and buy kits and stuff... they tend to be the trend setters while others wait around for an "example"
ek9vboi is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 02:28 AM
  #6  
ILOVEGIRLS
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California
Posts: 1,618
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by ek9vboi View Post
DO NOT WANT!

There is your reason for why the A/C and so on are preferred by people who actually buy the stuff and why its more seen then the kit you talk of. Also, if you haven't noticed... maybe 20% of people actually go out and buy kits and stuff... they tend to be the trend setters while others wait around for an "example"
agreed...but i think the ratio is lower than 20% in the 3rd gen community.
ILOVEGIRLS is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 06:25 AM
  #7  
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (33)
 
passnu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .....
Posts: 13,958
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dunnojack View Post
i don't like any of the pieces.

front mouth doesn't match the lines of the car

side skirts looked tacked on.


rear bumper = wtf is up with that arch. it's eating into the bulk of the bumper.

+1
passnu2 is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 08:06 AM
  #8  
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 11,346
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I haven't seen the front but that rear certainly looks different.
Main thing is if you like it, what does what everyone else thinks matter.
Ice350 is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 10:28 AM
  #9  
vietdeluxx
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
vietdeluxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

2 months to go and you'll get a kit... hopefully you don't start again after the kit arrives...haha
vietdeluxx is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 10:32 AM
  #10  
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: californication
Posts: 6,806
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
Main thing is if you like it, what does what everyone else thinks matter.


yes. if you like it.

just be careful choosing because often the kits are demo'd in black color, which hides all the details.

any black car with any kit looks good from afar.
dunnojack is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 12:13 PM
  #11  
Stormforge
executive matchup
 
Stormforge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 5,765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
I was wondering if you guys have ever seen this kit on a 3GS in the flesh. I think its the nicest kit for the GS, and I have never seen another member with this kit. The JP, Aimgain, and autocouture seem very common. I quit smoking 4 months ago. If I make it to 6 months I am getting a kit. I want to reward myself
if you love the vlene kit and you can afford to get it, go for it. YOU be the trend setter, and let the rest of us follow in your footsteps!

btw, smoking is bad for you anyways. it's good to hear you quit; your heart and lungs will love you for it
Stormforge is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 02:20 PM
  #12  
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 11,346
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Stormforge View Post
if you love the vlene kit and you can afford to get it, go for it. YOU be the trend setter, and let the rest of us follow in your footsteps!

btw, smoking is bad for you anyways. it's good to hear you quit; your heart and lungs will love you for it
+1 on both comments.
QUit smoking 20 years ago and I don't miss it one bit. Can't believe I did it actually. The thought of putting dirty soot into my mouth and body....knowing it could shorten my life....
Ice350 is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 03:50 PM
  #13  
kyang91
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
kyang91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am not sure if I like it either......
kyang91 is offline  
Old 02-08-09, 11:27 PM
  #14  
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
I8ABMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Waiting for next track day
Posts: 22,607
Thanked 70 Times in 43 Posts
Default

kit or no kit the quitting the smoking was the best thing for me. I just realized that I will have to have the kit ( lip or bumper replacement) covered in a custom cut lex shield
I8ABMR is offline  
Old 02-09-09, 01:22 PM
  #15  
Stormforge
executive matchup
 
Stormforge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 5,765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by I8ABMR View Post
kit or no kit the quitting the smoking was the best thing for me. I just realized that I will have to have the kit ( lip or bumper replacement) covered in a custom cut lex shield
most excellent! from whom are you planning on ordering the vlene kit? can't wait to see pics!
Stormforge is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VLENE Existence 3GS aero kit


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: