GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

They Tried To Steal The GS

Old 10-17-08, 08:09 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

unless it came from lexus like that then no. i cleaned out my girls garage that was full of **** and i park the car in there now if i stay over her place.
Old 10-17-08, 11:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Does the GS have a incline sensor in the alarm system just in case if someone try to tow your car away?
i doubt that. the system on lexus cars is pretty passive
Old 10-17-08, 11:12 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

lexus' anti theft system is not too bad. My old Acura's alarm can be shut off by pulling on the inside door handle. So if someone break the window and open the door from the inside, the alarm shuts off.
Old 10-17-08, 11:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lexus' anti theft system is not too bad. My old Acura's alarm can be shut off by pulling on the inside door handle. So if someone break the window and open the door from the inside, the alarm shuts off.
hahahaa, what year acura was that? that's pretty silly design flaw isn't it
Old 10-17-08, 11:39 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the GS have a incline sensor in the alarm system just in case if someone try to tow your car away?
no, b/c i've had my car towed away outside my condo before couple years back. I've also had my car attempted to be broken into by someone trying to pry the window open from the b-pillar.
Old 10-17-08, 11:44 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, that sucks but like you said good thing they didn't get anything
Old 10-17-08, 06:33 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
hahahaa, what year acura was that? that's pretty silly design flaw isn't it

Thats how it is in the last gen MDX and the RDX and who know which other Acura.
Old 10-18-08, 10:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

god, latest gen?!?!?!! nuff said
Old 10-19-08, 07:58 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I said the last gen because I had a last gen MDX, but I donno if its different on the Current MDX. I would think it is not since the new RDX is still like that.
Old 05-12-12, 04:08 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

This is an OLD thread but I just had something interesting happen that is making me wonder if it was some kind of breakin attempt.

Today, I got in the car and discovered that I couldn't roll down either of the back windows... they were stuck... got one to roll down eventually but then not up again.

I tore the door panels off and took a look, both of the windows were completely off of the track that the arm pushes on... the tracks were sitting at the bottom of the interior of the door panel. If just ONE had worked it's way off I would have just assumed bad luck but when BOTH happen at the same time... what the hell? Has anybody had this happen before?

The other interesting thing was that while working on the car I had the ignition on/engine off, and after I buttoned everything up again I noticed that the driver side control panel wouldn't open the passenger rear window... but the control on the door itself worked. Eventually, when rolling windows down it would cause the whole nav computer etc. to shut down and go into a boot loop. Car wouldn't start, etc.

I pulled codes from OBDII and it gave me all sorts of nonsense codes about crankshaft position sensors and other stuff that I couldn't see having anything to do with what I did. I even drove the car across town for lunch before attempting to fix anything. I cleared the codes and just put the car on the trickle charger for a while... and now everything is good again. So, bad coincidence is that it seems these cars act EXTREMELY odd when the battery is drained even to the point of giving you BS error codes.

The battery is only like 3 years old. Granted, I only drive the car like twice a week and usually never very far and hardly ever make any highway trips... and I haven't had it on the charger in some time so maybe my mucking about with windows with the hvac running etc. without the engine it just drained... but it's got me wondering about my charging system now.

Anyway all that has gone off topic, I'm really curious how both windows could fall off their tracks like that... is it a real sign of foul play at work?
Old 05-13-12, 11:08 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ had that happen to me when the battery was drained. I tried to start the car and things move a bit but it stop and the loop was going. The loop seem to be an attempt to start things, it tried for about 5 times and everything stop.

idk what's inside the car drain the battery so much but within 30mins the battery was dead, my headlight was off the whole time.

Now on, I leave my booster pack inside the car just in case.
Old 05-14-12, 12:42 PM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by worker
^ had that happen to me when the battery was drained. I tried to start the car and things move a bit but it stop and the loop was going. The loop seem to be an attempt to start things, it tried for about 5 times and everything stop.

idk what's inside the car drain the battery so much but within 30mins the battery was dead, my headlight was off the whole time.

Now on, I leave my booster pack inside the car just in case.
I'm still pretty curious if something other than blind bad luck could have caused both rear passenger window tracks to fall off. It was easy enough to get working again because I had a helper to hold the glass while I reached in and fiddled everything back together but still... very odd.

At least I'm pretty much a master of getting the door panels off and on again now, that part was a lot easier than I thought it would be... probably going to have to do it again though, I think I was probably too hasty getting it back together I could probably do a better job resealing that tar crap and I noticed one clip on the ground after it was back together on one side.