GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

gs350 stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 11:43 PM
jentlemaan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in west la. They didnt use cinder blocks but put very nice donuts on...insurance is gonna take care of it all so no need to take pics on my part

also come to think of it, the top seemed smashed in so I thinks theres definite frame damage making it a total loss
Old 07-21-08, 11:50 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

If that was my car, I would want them to total it. There's no way it'll feel like your car again. Sorry that happened to you.
Old 07-22-08, 01:45 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. That truly sucks . It is perhaps another good reminder to get gap insurance to cover the depreciation, so you can get right back into a new car.
Old 07-22-08, 02:25 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. That truly sucks . It is perhaps another good reminder to get gap insurance to cover the depreciation, so you can get right back into a new car.

yes. but gap insurance only covers leases....... ?

for those of us who bought the car, we lose when the insurance company says my 1 year old car is worth $20000 less.
Old 07-22-08, 02:46 AM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jentlemaan i feel your loss. someone hit my 2007 gs350 and it ended up totalling the car. For a fact your car is totalled as well. There's no way in hell an insurance company would try to salvage it. And it does suck for those who actually bought the car. I paid about $49900 with tax and all for everything but ML and I got about $41250 after 11500 or so miles. Keep us updated with more info.
Old 07-22-08, 03:10 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
yes. but gap insurance only covers leases....... ?

for those of us who bought the car, we lose when the insurance company says my 1 year old car is worth $20000 less.

not true. i have had gap insurance on all my cars and i buy all my cars instead of leasing. its just a safety net thing incase of something like this. if the insurance company doesnt give him enough to cover the loan, instead of paying of the rest, the gap insurance will take care of it.
Old 07-22-08, 03:20 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

how much extra does gap cost per year?

they're always talking about the "gap" between what you OWE on the car and what you get from insurance

for those of us who don't finance, and pay full, how does gap apply?

Last edited by dunnojack; 07-22-08 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-22-08, 03:42 AM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

damn this pisses me off...my condolences to you i hope for the best for you and everyone who fell victim to this crime
Old 07-22-08, 05:01 AM
ecount00
Lexus Test Driver

RIP. so sorry.
Old 07-22-08, 05:26 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Same happened to me once, park my car out on the street in front of my house overnight, next morning gone. I never park in the street since then.

BTW does the Lexus security system have a motion or sound sensor? I know my old Acura didnt.
Old 07-22-08, 09:12 AM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry to hear this man, i remember going through this when my girls RSX-S was stolen on labor day last year. It showed up 5 days later in Paterson, NJ (those familiar with NJ) the window was smashed and they robbed the after market NAV that i had installed, AVIC-N3, DVD player, and my ipod integration to the unit. The rest of the car was intact with some body damage. We thought it was an inside job, someone that knew was had the stuff in there because i put 5% tint on it, so know one could have seen it, plus, why wouldn't they take the car apart like the GS, especially the engine, people love to swap that engine into a civic. OH well, she got the car back and Acura fixed the whole thing like new, minus the 2 grand i dropped in there on the NAV unit and accessories, but she never felt the same about the car and looks forward to giving it back when the lease it up in a few months. It was parked in the lot of her apartment building.
Old 07-22-08, 10:55 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I regrate to hear your loss.

As you suggested, I always park my cars in the garage so it's a little hard to steal.
Old 07-22-08, 11:59 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Please post pics. Sorry for your loss. It's definitely a complete loss. The parts will likely end up on ebay.
Old 07-22-08, 12:06 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by The G Man
Same happened to me once, park my car out on the street in front of my house overnight, next morning gone. I never park in the street since then.

BTW does the Lexus security system have a motion or sound sensor? I know my old Acura didnt.

nope. anyone can tow it. drag it up slowly on a flatbed and disappear.

they look like the repo man, so no one suspects.

only way is to get a lojack type system with early warning feature.

I wish someone would create a proximity sensor. like....
when you drive home, you press a button and "lock" it into the sensor at home.
as soon as the car moves 1 foot away from home sensor, car alarm goes off, and another alarm goes off inside the house, alerting the owner.
Old 07-22-08, 12:19 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
how much extra does gap cost per year?

they're always talking about the "gap" between what you OWE on the car and what you get from insurance

for those of us who don't finance, and pay full, how does gap apply?

its really not that much honestly and its almost a no brainer. i think im paying like an extra 3-5 bucks a month for gap insurance. what do you mean by pay full and not finance? as in paid off and have the title? if thats the case then theres no need for gap insurance since the car is paid off.

as for alarms my buddies old impala had an alarm installed that if the car was lifted say 5 degrees off the ground when the alarm was armed, the alarm would go off. its a way to help prevent people from just towing your car.

Quick Reply: gs350 stolen