GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dash Rattles & Creaks TSIB's

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 04:47 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Some owners have very good result and for some, the problem came back but to a lesser degree. Of course anytime you take the whole dash board apart, you are taking a risk, but the alternative is not to fix it, which isnt really a alternative at all.
So very true, whenever they try to fix one thing something else ops up. I had TSB's done for windshield clips, they broke windshield taking it out and had to replace it. They remove dash to install noise kit and they scratched/gouged my shifter **** which they replaced. I started with the styrofoam rubbing sound and now after all this I have Nav. screen area rattle.
On top of this I get knocking sound from sway bars. Sways are Genuine Lexus F-sport part installed at dealership. I took it back for that and it's still the same. sigh.....all this in a $50k+ car.
Old 10-05-09, 05:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

man I have had my dash out 3 times and then replaced. The new one had to come out once due to tech not installing the defroster vents on the top of the dash
Old 10-07-09, 07:28 AM
Tuptut
Driver School Candidate

Serviced my wife's car yesterday. The service slip says they installed noise kit and replaced windshield clips. It took them one whole day (Lexus of Massapequa), i droped the car at 7:10am and she picked it up at 5PM. She only mentioned the rattling noise from the front speakers area, but they replaced the windshield clips as well; guess might as well while the dash is out! There is no sign of taking the windshield out; at least i can't tell. Anyway the car has 27K and it had to have dashboard removed to fix rattling noise; not too happy about it. It seems to be fix now; no any kind of noise so far. Just like expected after they reinstalled the dashboard, the passenger side speaker cover is sticking out a bit more then the driver's side. Will mention that to them at next service visit. Final thought: If the $50K car rattles at 27K, what's going to sound like at 100K ??? sigh...
Old 10-07-09, 11:53 AM
bigalexus
Rookie

Anyone have the sun roof rattle TSIB off hand? The roof rattle comes and goes..sometimes when listening music the bass is enough to make it rattle.
Old 10-07-09, 03:23 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My sunroof rattles if the sliding door is openned I wasn t sure if my sub caused it if i reach up in there and push on the metal piece in there i goes away I to also noticed my dash creaking,however the people working at the dealer in my area are a bunch of idiots that would rather make up excuses than fix stuff! My temper flares way to easy as it is especially when it comes to this car so i tend to deal with the dumb stuff besides everytime i have something worked on damage is done to my car;the people that installed my alarm and remote start opened my door into a saw or something chipping the paint, cost them $455 for that , another company that installed my nav integration system busted the ac vent above the screen $250 then I paid $150 to have the car clay barred,and compounded and in direct sunlight the car changed from black to hazed charcoal! I since have had it fixed by these guys that are awesome and I ve filed a claim through small claims for $500 for a refund and the cost to correct what they did! SO with my luck they would replace my dash and the transmission will go up!
Old 10-07-09, 03:26 PM
Inertia
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a couple of questions:
1.) Where do you even get those scanned version of the TSB? I can't seem to find it, I can only find the ones online.
2.) I have a rattle in my driver's side door, are there any TSB for that? Its so annoying...
Old 10-07-09, 05:10 PM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tuptut
Serviced my wife's car yesterday. The service slip says they installed noise kit and replaced windshield clips. It took them one whole day (Lexus of Massapequa), i droped the car at 7:10am and she picked it up at 5PM. She only mentioned the rattling noise from the front speakers area, but they replaced the windshield clips as well; guess might as well while the dash is out! There is no sign of taking the windshield out; at least i can't tell. Anyway the car has 27K and it had to have dashboard removed to fix rattling noise; not too happy about it. It seems to be fix now; no any kind of noise so far. Just like expected after they reinstalled the dashboard, the passenger side speaker cover is sticking out a bit more then the driver's side. Will mention that to them at next service visit. Final thought: If the $50K car rattles at 27K, what's going to sound like at 100K ??? sigh...
wait until it gets colder, the rattles will be louder ! lol.
Old 10-08-09, 08:07 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The GS and cold weather do not agree, I think the GS was design and tested in the tropics
Old 10-08-09, 11:36 AM
NJSID
Driver

Lexus of Bridgewater fixed my dash rattle a year or so ago...no problems or hassles whatsoever...have them do the tsb for the brakes too..taking mine in on 10/14
Old 10-08-09, 05:56 PM
bozer
Lead Lap

My problem is the entire dashboard sounds like a big plastic piece of **** that is forever creaking. I gave up on it a while ago. It makes me hate life.
Old 10-09-09, 06:44 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bozer
My problem is the entire dashboard sounds like a big plastic piece of **** that is forever creaking. I gave up on it a while ago. It makes me hate life.
Lol, life is too short to get depress over a few rattles. Just drive the crap out of the car and get rid of it as soon as you can.
Old 10-09-09, 07:17 AM
bozer
Lead Lap

Stuck till at least 2012. My luck, I finally sell it and the world ends, lol
Old 10-09-09, 09:21 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bozer
Stuck till at least 2012. My luck, I finally sell it and the world ends, lol
Then you have 3 years to beat the snot out of this car
Old 12-12-09, 11:32 AM
magmasilk
Driver School Candidate

Default pohanka lexus

FYI: pohanka lexus in VA just did the dash squeaks and brake squeal TSBs in 3 days and not more sounds!
Old 12-12-09, 06:11 PM
mjb2124
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by magmasilk
FYI: pohanka lexus in VA just did the dash squeaks and brake squeal TSBs in 3 days and not more sounds!
Do you have the TSB numbers handy?

I'm taking my car in on Monday to have them look at dash squeaks/ticks (second time for this), sunroof squeaking and brakes squeaking (the brakes are the worst part right now...they are loud!).

Quick Reply: Dash Rattles & Creaks TSIB's