GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Illuminated Door Sill Plates - Lexus.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 10:57 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
that site doesn't say whether its for a set of 4 or just the fronts.
click on the "detailed description" tab....says 1 set (2x front, 2x rear).

i was actually surprised to find them somewhere other than Carson Toyota. This was the only other site I could find that sells them...and they're selling them at a premium. pretty much just trying show that getting them at a "deal" price may not be possible.
Old 08-27-09, 07:32 PM
nomobmw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was extraordinarily lucky and got mine off ebay for $200. . they were white, not blue in color.
Old 08-28-09, 08:57 AM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ****ing hate lexus...... It like every god damn GS part is double in price i found 6 sets of IS250/350 sills for under 250$ for all four but the cheapest in can find is 550$+ Its like there fisting us cause we own a GS.
Old 08-28-09, 09:10 AM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.juicedhybrid.com/Lexus-GS...t413-30070.htm

http://www.lexuspartsworld.com/Scrip...?idCategory=85

http://www.lexuspartsandaccessories..../door_sill.htm

http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/acces...oor_sills.html

Some of these sites look kinda sketch and they dont say if its for a set of 2 or 4 ,exept the last one from lexus
Old 08-28-09, 07:14 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

if it helps any, here's the part number from the box that mine came in....

"Scuff Illumination" - 08266-30170

should help to determine if these websites are selling 2 door or 4 door illuminated scuffs.

after looking at the part numbers on those websites you posted....looks like none of them have the 4 door illuminated ones.
Old 08-30-09, 08:45 PM
mackel53
Driver School Candidate

~update~

ok, so this is what i learn from testing for the rear power wires. the harness and all connections have to be hooked up, in order to test the courtesy switch, otherwise it will just show constant power. so the only way to test for the wire is to open up some of the plastic without cutting the wire and then you can test with the courtesy switch.

i did the driver side in two mins. i have a wiring diagram and it said the rear power wire was a dark green color (near the other wires you tapped into). wire shows 7-8 volts when door is closed and when opened goes to 0. same characteristics as both front doors.

i still haven't figured out the passenger side. the wiring diagram says its a pink wire too. there are about 5-6 pink wires i've checked all of them and none of them turn the sill off and on with the back door closing. there are 2 pink wires that keep the sill constantly on. thats what im tapped into right now for my passenger rear sill.

im gonna try again another day for the pink wire but im tried of this and three sills working correctly is fine with me, no one will know that one is still lit ne way. but i would still like to know what wire it is, so i can have it done properly.
Old 08-30-09, 10:56 PM
nomobmw
Driver School Candidate

@mackel53

I ran into two problems making the sills work in the front. . first was the polarity of the JDM sills seemed to be reversed from the US sills. With that fixed, once I had the front sills working the rear sills pull power from the front tap and ground out (and switch on and off) with the rear door switch behind the seats. I used the wire positions in the US instructions for the front sills.

You can test the door switches by unscrewing them, pulling them out slightly, and then touching the black wire to the exposed metal. . that's what I did before installing the tap.

I have a GS450h and it worked just fine.

If you still can't find it, I'll pop the cover off and take a picture of the position I used for the passenger side for you. Worst case. . use the power that you have found for the constant on and run the tap back to the front door switch. You should be able to get to it by popping off the B-pillar panel.
Old 08-31-09, 04:53 PM
mackel53
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nomobmw
@mackel53

I ran into two problems making the sills work in the front. . first was the polarity of the JDM sills seemed to be reversed from the US sills. With that fixed, once I had the front sills working the rear sills pull power from the front tap and ground out (and switch on and off) with the rear door switch behind the seats. I used the wire positions in the US instructions for the front sills.

You can test the door switches by unscrewing them, pulling them out slightly, and then touching the black wire to the exposed metal. . that's what I did before installing the tap.

I have a GS450h and it worked just fine.

If you still can't find it, I'll pop the cover off and take a picture of the position I used for the passenger side for you. Worst case. . use the power that you have found for the constant on and run the tap back to the front door switch. You should be able to get to it by popping off the B-pillar panel.
i noticed that the jdm sills were oppsite my cars wiring but i just swap around the t-taps but i think jdm manufacter made it like that on purpose.

i have all my wiring in the front and some of my wires are short and its gonna be such a pain to get them back out, so i have my passenger side rear tapped into some pink wire that has constant negative so the light is always on. all other three are wired correctly. i can even post what pin # the driver side rear negative wire is. just gotta look again in a couple of days

im thinking about checking every wire but iono.

note: at one point i tapped into a pink wire and checked the light and pressed the courtesy light switch and it turn off. after so many hours i thought i had it, but when i started to to put everything back together i realized the light wasn't working. i swear i saw it working but i guess i was hallucinating lol
Old 11-07-09, 04:55 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anybdy got the rear light work properly?
Old 11-08-09, 07:47 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by zz0122
Anybdy got the rear light work properly?
yeah, but the dealership installed mine. took them 3 full days. from what I understand, the best way to wire them is to the courtesy switch on the frame for the back door (the little rubber ***** that triggers the dome light).
Old 01-10-10, 01:55 PM
mackel53
Driver School Candidate

*update*

finally them working front and rears.

apparently i had the rear ones hooked up right but they didn't light up because of other reasons that shouldn't happen to anyone else when installing these.

it is the pink wire for the rear door on th passenger side and a dark green wire on the driver side.

i followed the US install guide then improvised the rear hook up

you can wire them to the cowls

in the passenger side after you hook up the front sills it should be the closest pink wire to the front sill wires(there are 2 pink wires in that section of the connector and probably 5 pink wires in the whole 60 pin connector)

on the driver side i recall it being a dark green wire near the fronts sill wire tap-ins

all in all its an awesome upgrade but if you don't know what your doing then install the hardware and let audio shop find the right wires to tap in to. although if you do tap in to a wrong wire you'll probably only get blown fuses and that wire you tried to tap into will be weaker because of the attempted tap.

oh and this was on a 06 430
The following users liked this post:
doitup (02-12-24)
Old 01-10-10, 04:52 PM
mackel53
Driver School Candidate

also i noticed in the IS forums that they could get a clear lamp assembly on the door

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...l.asp?id=90031

does anyone on know where or even if this part exsists for the GS
Old 08-24-11, 01:08 PM
smilepak
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

400 bucks for a piece of sticker..ouch...I wonder if there are aftermarket version?
Old 08-24-11, 07:08 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by smilepak
400 bucks for a piece of sticker..ouch...I wonder if there are aftermarket version?
huh? are you referring to illuminated door sill plates or something else? illuminated sills are not stickers, but LED lighting with metal plate. and its more like $731.84 for a set of 4 from carson toyota.
Old 08-24-11, 09:06 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah stormforge is right, its a metal plate.

Quick Reply: Illuminated Door Sill Plates - Lexus.com