GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 01:26 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NewGS4me
When I follow the steps on the nav, and I get to the "override" button, I can hit it, but it does NOT highlight it or turn black or change in any way, so I still can't input destinations while driving. I just got my car last month...do you think something's different now?
Amy
Don't just "click" the button... Hold it down...
Old 05-25-06, 02:22 PM
Mixman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a way to reset any sensor light, for instance I want to reset.....turn off my AFS light. Is there a way to do that in the service menu ?
Old 05-26-06, 06:21 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rolling down front windows

OK, so this is REALLY stupid, completely lame, and I'll probably get flamed for this but here goes:

I usually accidentally roll down the rear windows rather than the front by accident (maybe I have short arms...) But I noticed that ONLY the front drivers window button has a "bump" on the window switch, so ever since then, I've been feeling for the bump and rolling down the right windows now...
Old 05-26-06, 07:57 PM
sherif2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile These are wrong instructions bacause they are impossible!

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
This will turn off your seat belt warning "beeping" for the driver and passenger side. This will only need to be done once in the lifetime of the car as it will retain in the vehicle memory.

1) Get into the car w/ ignition off and close the doors
2) Open the "flip console" to your left (mirror / gas lid console)
3) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display using the ODO/TRIP button
4) W/O applying the brakes, press the "Engine Start/Stop" button twice. You should see the check engine light and battery light on in the dash. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
5) Hold the ODO/TRIP button. Wait ten seconds, and while still holding the button, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
6) The LCD displays "Seat Belt Buzzer On/Off". Release the button. Pressing the ODO button toggles the On/Off

7) I believe you may need to repeat the process for the passenger side.

Drive safe!

If the ignition is off, and the doors are closed, you cannot do step 3. unless you push the START button. You simply cannot do step 3. I have a 06 GS300 and the seatbelt buzzer kills me. I can;t stand it.

So i tried it different ways and no luck. What is the solution?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sherif2; 05-26-06 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling
Old 05-26-06, 08:22 PM
sherif2
Driver School Candidate

and the trunk light idea is awesome
Old 05-26-06, 09:05 PM
joedoe
Rookie

Originally Posted by sherif2
If the ignition is off, and the doors are closed, you cannot do step 3. unless you push the START button. You simply cannot do step 3. I have a 06 GS300 and the seatbelt buzzer kills me. I can;t stand it.

So i tried it different ways and no luck. What is the solution?
Thanks in advance.
You should do steps 1 and 2, then instead of step 3 w/o applying the brakes press ignition key twice, set ODO/Trip to Trip2, press ignition key one more time to turn everything off and then continue with step 4.
Old 05-27-06, 12:21 AM
thenod
Driver

Is there a way to override the cell phone feature so i can dial while driving?

Anyone know a reliable shop in the San francisco bay area that can do my DVD mod? I don't want to do it myself no matter how easy it is. I suck at that kind of stuff. Knowing me everything will rattle when I'm done.
Old 05-27-06, 03:47 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Originally Posted by thenod
Is there a way to override the cell phone feature so i can dial while driving?

Anyone know a reliable shop in the San francisco bay area that can do my DVD mod? I don't want to do it myself no matter how easy it is. I suck at that kind of stuff. Knowing me everything will rattle when I'm done.
The NAV/Bluetooth mod gives you this functionality. You can dial while in motion.
Old 05-27-06, 06:19 AM
coreyb
Driver School Candidate

Default Traction Control

So here is one that I am not sure we can control, but just a thought. I have a 06 GS 300 and nearly every time I turn right around a corner and accelerate quickly, the traction control kicks in. I find I have to turn the traction control off a lot when I am driving around in town because this is WAY to sensitive (it is difficult but not impossible to slide this car). Does anyone know if there are settings on this to either 1. set the traction control a little less sensitive or 2. make the default when the car starts up to be traction off (I wouldn't recommend driving on the freeway without traction on btw... it is invaluable for quick moves at high speed).
Old 05-27-06, 11:27 AM
joedoe
Rookie

Default To moderators

This thread would be much more useful if it will contain Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's only. All discussions and questions could be posted in another thread(s).

Last edited by joedoe; 06-09-06 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-27-06, 01:11 PM
speedyg
Rookie

Originally Posted by gs450hjp2
I have a 2007 gs450h with dvd , I would really like to know how to make it so we can watch a movie on the nav screen , I am told this is possiable, however I need the "magic trick" how, can anybody help, thanks
If you read the manual it says you need to have the parking brake on in order to watch DVD video.
Old 05-27-06, 01:26 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by joedoe
You should do steps 1 and 2, then instead of step 3 w/o applying the brakes press ignition key twice, set ODO/Trip to Trip2, press ignition key one more time to turn everything off and then continue with step 4.

I was able to get this to work in my 450h without problem. Once the seatbelt indicator comes onto the screen just press the odo button as indicated as a toggle switch to turn it on/off as desired. I always use the seatbelts so I don't need the reminder buzzer.

Thanks to those that posted this information. I have learned a number of good tricks in this thread so keep them coming.
Old 05-28-06, 09:19 AM
john37
Rookie

Does anyone know how to get rid of the tire pressure sensor warning?
Old 05-28-06, 12:14 PM
thenod
Driver

Originally Posted by scottmyers
The NAV/Bluetooth mod gives you this functionality. You can dial while in motion.
Is there a post somewhere in this forum that gives instructions for the nav/bluetooth mod? I know how to override the nav now, thanks to CL but doing that doesn't override the phone. Help please. Thanks!
Old 06-01-06, 09:42 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Removing Door Panels

Credit goes to DrexLex.

If you have access to Repair Manual Volume 5, it is explained with figures on pages ED-66 and 67. The steps are, ver batim:

1) Remove door inside handle bezel.
(a) Using a screwdriver (tape the tip first) detach 3 claws and remove the 3 claws and remove the bezel plug.

2) Remove front door trim panel assembly.
(a) Detach the 2 claws and remove the trim lower cover. (This is a small panel located above the door pocket, below the handle.)
(b) Disconnect the connector
(c) Remove the 2 screws. (One is behind this lower trim cover, the other is behind the door handle bezel.)
(d) Remove the 9 clips and the trim cover (the entire door panel).

It makes more sense if you can see the figures. Claws are those little plastic clips molded into the edges of the bezels. I get the sense that the small screwdriver is used to depress the clip so it will disengage from the mounting surface.

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's