GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-06, 09:18 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingpin
Mine is at 11. But can't seem to adjust it. Would appreciate if someone could help explain what the voice quality type is and how to change the setting too?
I tried changing the voice quality setting on mine and it always goes back to 7. The service manual says nothing about changing the voice quality.
Old 05-19-06, 07:07 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Automatically open all windows and moonroof.

Hold down the unlock button on the key fob until the windows and moonroof start opening. The moment you release the button, the windows and moonroof cease moving. This is helpful in summer so you can expel all the hot air before getting inside the vehicle.
Old 05-20-06, 03:07 AM
kingpinOLD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BobsGX
I tried changing the voice quality setting on mine and it always goes back to 7. The service manual says nothing about changing the voice quality.
I can adjust the recieve and send quality. From my trail and error I found that recieve level at +1 and send level at -1 is better for my set up. I'm not able to adjust the voice quality which remain at 11. The send level at 0 and +1 onwards is not good as it seem to have echoes or rumbling sound to the listener. Hope this helps. Anyone tried other settings?
Old 05-20-06, 03:06 PM
BlkBlk06GS
Driver School Candidate

Default Courtesy Lighting System

Hello,

I recently just traded in my old 04 M-class for the 2006 GS 300 which i absolutely love so much more, but was wondering if anyone could answer a question i had about the lighting system. Right now when i approach the car, the puddle lights and and some of the interior lights turn on, but is there a way to program the headlights to turn on when i push the unlock button?

Thanks
Old 05-21-06, 12:48 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBlk06GS
Hello,

I recently just traded in my old 04 M-class for the 2006 GS 300 which i absolutely love so much more, but was wondering if anyone could answer a question i had about the lighting system. Right now when i approach the car, the puddle lights and and some of the interior lights turn on, but is there a way to program the headlights to turn on when i push the unlock button?

Thanks
don't know about turning your headlights on...except if you leave the car on auto?
Old 05-21-06, 10:02 AM
thenod
Driver

Originally Posted by gs450hjp2
I have a 2007 gs450h with dvd , I would really like to know how to make it so we can watch a movie on the nav screen , I am told this is possiable, however I need the "magic trick" how, can anybody help, thanks

Welcome to the Club. You will find everything you need to know in order to ovveride your DVD on this site. You'll even find step by step pictures. You just need to search for dvd override on the forum search box. Good luck.
Old 05-22-06, 12:23 PM
typeshblue
Driver

on the service screen where you can overide the nav, i did the steps but when i press the overideit doesnt highlight it, anyone whats wrong with it ???
Old 05-22-06, 12:29 PM
NewGS4me
Driver School Candidate

Default mine doesn't work either

When I follow the steps on the nav, and I get to the "override" button, I can hit it, but it does NOT highlight it or turn black or change in any way, so I still can't input destinations while driving. I just got my car last month...do you think something's different now?
Amy
Old 05-22-06, 12:35 PM
Alboogie7
Driver School Candidate

just hold it down for a few more seconds than usual...it will work....
Old 05-23-06, 06:28 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Default Disable VSC/TRAC

1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.
2. Start the engine.
3. Engage the parking brake.
4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
6. Disengage the parking brake.
7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.
8. Engage the parking brake, the disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
9. Engage the parking brake, the disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
10. Release the brake pedal.
11. Engage the parking brake.
12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.

* When the "Check VSC" icon is displayed in the multifunction display along with the "Trac-off" icon indicator, you'll know that you have successfully complete the procedure! Your car is transformed!

*** One the car is started you have 30 seconds to complete the process. With practice, the procedure can be completed in app. 15 seconds, unfortunately, must be repeated each time the car is switched off (all systems are returned back to normal).
Old 05-25-06, 09:11 AM
RobStaa
Driver School Candidate

Default Check system

Yo eternity, do you or Anyone know how to reset the check system light??
Old 05-25-06, 11:16 AM
vboyz
Driver School Candidate

Credit goes to VVT-i:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...4&page=2&pp=15

1. Press the start bottom twice( foot off the brake pedal) and headlight adjuster to " off "(u can do while ur car is running too.)

2. While pressing on the " Info " buttom with your right index. Use your right hand turn the headlight from " Off" to " Headlight"( not AUTO), Off-Head, Off-Head, three times. This will lead you to the " Diagnostic Menu".

from this menu you can view ur ECU chip code or clear the code.

i don't know it can reset your system check light or not but u can try...and play with the other options too..
Old 05-25-06, 11:31 AM
DavidJ
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by purebliss
Here is one if you put on the side light in the trunk on it will automatically turn off when you close your trunk. This way everytime you open the trunk you will have light.
Forgive a perhaps silly question, but how do you know the light goes off when the trunk is closed? Thank you. DavidJ
Old 05-25-06, 11:32 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DavidJ
Forgive a perhaps silly question, but how do you know the light goes off when the trunk is closed? Thank you. DavidJ
Open the trunk pass through and after you close the trunk go into the back seat and take a look.
Old 05-25-06, 01:12 PM
DavidJ
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT
Open the trunk pass through and after you close the trunk go into the back seat and take a look.
Thank you very much for your time to answer my question. I have a GS 450H and do not have a trunk pass-through. I had brief visions of folding myself in the trunk to see the light, but thought it easer to risk a silly question on this forum. Thanks again. DavidJ

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's