GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Check Engine Light - Check VSC

Old 01-07-07, 11:49 AM
wassabie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my ECU replaced due to the check VSC and VDIM warning messages. This was back in november. It took the dealer about 1 week to order the parts...and then half a day to replace the ECU. So far so good...although I had recently had the light come on once...maybe it was just a random instance...*cross finger*
Old 01-10-07, 11:33 PM
ferix
Rookie

Default cleared

the error code cleared itself, been ok for the last 24 hours or so.. weird
Old 01-11-07, 11:57 AM
wassabie
Driver School Candidate

I could get the VSC error to trigger when I was on a downhill slope while holding on the brake. This happened all the time when I would wait for my garage door to open. You should try this. Maybe it will replicate the error and the dealer can better diagnose this issue.
Old 06-13-07, 04:52 PM
anish75
Driver School Candidate

i got check engine/VSC and light next to check engine. It just happen about hour ago after upgrading light blubs. Anyone know how to reset check engine light?? I really don't wanna take it to dealer and have them keep it for another 2 weeks. I just got my car back 3 days ago after my navigation ECU, secondary ECU behind the screen, and my sirius radio module just stop work. Any suggestions on VSC and check engine light??
Old 06-13-07, 10:22 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you check to make sure the gas cap is tight? When it's loose, the VCS light comes on. The dealer said it will go away "eventually" by itself, if that was the problem.
Old 06-14-07, 11:14 AM
Fujifuzz
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try upplugging the negative battery terminal.
Old 07-11-07, 08:25 PM
RufRidn
Pole Position

I came to my car today and it was completely dead. I have no idea why as everything was off. I had to give the battery a charge and then it started but it had the check vsc, check engine and the triangle next to check engine on when it started. Also the windows didnt work. I had to reset the windows because I couldnt control any of them through the drivers side. I drove the car around for a block, turned it off and turned it back on and everything went back to normal. Now Im trying to figure out the problem because I didnt do anything different since the last time I drove it.
Old 08-23-07, 12:42 PM
acsan
Driver

For those who brought your cars in, was the service covered under warranty? I just brought mine in, it's an '06, less than a year and a half, just had the last service 2 months ago. Also brought it in to check why my right mirror doesn't tilt up and down anymore.

I'm guessing these will both be covered under warranty but was surprised to see a $110 estimate. Any thoughts?
Old 01-24-08, 02:28 PM
MaxMax256
Driver School Candidate

OK, I just got the same Check Engine - VSC Light within two weeks of each other. The first time the Dealership said it was a loose gas cap, but I use to fuel planes for a living when I was yonger and always make sure those are tight. I will now take it back in to the dealship and see what they say. I have a 2006 GS300 with RWD.

Has there been a recall? Any proper precdure to make sure of with the dealership to make sure this gets handled properly?
Old 01-24-08, 04:30 PM
tmarkovina
Driver School Candidate

Default same problem, right before inspection

vsc on / off, check engine... i'm getting worried
Old 01-24-08, 05:33 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem with my 06 GS. Turned out to be the gas cap not cranked down. I took it off, put it back on until I heard 3-4 clicks. A couple of days later, the light went out. Problem solved without a trip to the dealer.
Old 01-24-08, 06:55 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My car did the same thing, but I have a Fujita intake. The MAF sensor got dirty. All I did was clean it with CRC MAF sensor cleaner and reset the battery. All good... Simple fix...
Old 01-24-08, 08:28 PM
MaxMax256
Driver School Candidate

Got back from the dealer. The ran my car through a bunch of tests and then they found out that the gas cap was failing and replaced it with a new one. There was a hair-line crack.
Old 04-12-09, 01:55 PM
jayse79
Driver School Candidate

I just tripped the check vsc, engine malfunction and slip lights on my 06 RWD GS this past Friday. Couldn't take my car in on Saturday due to a power outage at the Lexus dealership in Vegas. According to different sources, an improper seal would trip these lights. Well, upon research and inspection of the gas cap, I've found the actual gas cap to be faulty. I would crank it down at 4-5 clicks, but would be able to remove the gas cap with very minimal force (no resistance indicating that it was ever tightened down). I'll be taking it to the dealership tomorrow to confirm the findings.
Old 04-13-09, 10:20 AM
bryanc182
Driver

It's probably your fuel cap..I had the same problem....Open your fuel door...unscrew then re-screw the gas cap back on...make sure you get a least 3 clicks.....drive it for a little while....then restart it. The light should go off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check Engine Light - Check VSC