GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Had to "REBOOT" the car today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 07:49 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to "REBOOT" the car today!!!

Ok.... this one is frustrating and hilarious at the same time. You guys probably have seen from my previous posts that i am such a fan of the LEXUS BRAND and i just love my babies especailly my 3GS. Well today that almost changed.......

I was driving back from work today stuck on traffic on the God forsaken 91E (flip you know what i mean ) and listening to some kick *** trance (courtsey of LEXARISTO ) on my ML system. As soon as the dvd changed track to the next track the "SOUND" just shut down i mean everything was ok as far as the DISPLAY etc but NO SOUND....ok i thought it was the DVD Audio....so i changed to FM1-FM2-AM and then FM1 again....NO SOUND....changed the volume to "MAX" and the car was DEAD SILENT. I even tried to give a voice command to the NAV SYSTEM so maybe it would acknowledge but NOTHING but the sound of cars around me. Turned it off several times...NO GOOD! I was PISSED....the car is going for 5K service on Tuesday and already this ******. Luckily CROWN LEXUS is on my way to my home. I drove in, went straight to the service rep and literally said ...."WTF?!?!?" He came out with me and it this time obvisouly I had shut the car down......He pressed the button and BOOM 50cent came on loud and clear on the system. I looked like a JACK A$$. I swore to him that i am NOT a dumbass and i know what i am talking about....he did believe me (he better ) and stated...."sometimes the AMPLIFIER heats up and that can shut down the sound" I was surprised. SO basically "REBOOTING" the car reset the system?!?!? All good now but i was wondering.......WTF?!?!

Sorry.... to lazy to create another thread but today our Owner of the company got out of his S500 in the parking lot..came up to me and told me "WOW...what car is this? Very nice...very nice!" I think that is the best compliment ever for me since the guy owns S's, Porches, Esclade and other stuff and has class .....

.....maybe he jinxed me

Sorry i dont usually post this long.
Old 06-11-05, 08:09 AM
PClarkccg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are not alone, I had the same problem a few days ago on a long drive home. I heard a extremely loud pop out of the speakers when changing from FM1 to a purchased CD (versus homebrew) to a DVD-Audio. The pop occured when switching between the CD (immediately going) to DVD. I thought I blown a fuse by the sound which was much louder than the audio. Lost all audio, radio, nav and beeps, voice-command and even bluetooth -- no audio from the car at all! (My wife called and heard me but I couldn't hear her.) I turned off the GS, waited 30-seconds and turned on the accessories once I arrived home only to discover everything was back to normal. Did M$ design the audio system requiring a reboot every so often?

Amplifer heat? I hope not otherwise reboots will become common.
Old 06-11-05, 01:02 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like the long-anticipated 'computerization' of cars has taken its toll....