GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 3GS what is a good price?/did I get a good deal thread?(for the hagglers!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-05, 09:25 AM
LexFather

Default 2006 3GS what is a good price?/did I get a good deal thread?(for the hagglers!)

Hey everyone, there are clearly tons of people buying the new 3GS or interested in it. This will be the official thread where you can ask if your getting a good deal. Also look in the rollcall thread to see what current owners have paid.

The purpose of this thread is to consolidate all questions/threads/posts about people asking if they are getting a good offer.

This is NOT the thread for GS haters to come in and make ignorant assumptions and post ridiculous remarks as they will be deleted on sight.

Remember, there are TONS of variables to determine the price of your car and as advice, that should be the FIRST thing you haggle. Major items like;
1. ARe there multiple dealers in the area.
2. Are the cars selling on lots MSRP no questions asked or not.
3. Competition in this segment is VERY heated
4. Option package
To minor items like;
5. Color combo
6. Wheel package
7. Time of month
8. Climate changes

So please either share your buying experience or ask "am I getting a good deal"? Please be specific with;
1. Model
2. Options or not
3. Area, dealer, color
4. Etc

Do keep in mind that Lexus will NEVER have a sale nor will you see a GS advertised for 5k off MSRP. Lexus has done a fantastic job with keeping inventories low when demand is low and increasing if demand increases. Since Lexus does not offer rebates and other gimmicks, it keeps the brand in high-regard (ala BMW/Benz) and also contributes greatly to the always near top resale value in class.

We do have CL members who are Lexus salespeople "Rockville" (on the EastCoast) and "LongoLexus" (on the WestCoast) but they seem to be posted less as of late b/c they surely are busy with the increased floor traffic for the new GS and RX400h.

Final advice, the end of the month is the best time to purchase as dealers are pushing to meet sales quotas.
Old 04-24-05, 08:58 PM
oneeyejack
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what do you think of this?

no nav, run flats

sticker was $47,339. they knocked off $2200 to $45,139. good deal or not?

silver/black

EDIT: forgot to mention that it's AWD!

Last edited by oneeyejack; 04-25-05 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-25-05, 02:46 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy it......
Old 04-25-05, 03:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by oneeyejack
what do you think of this?

no nav, run flats

sticker was $47,339. they knocked off $2200 to $45,139. good deal or not?

silver/black

EDIT: forgot to mention that it's AWD!
Very good price if they are knocking that much off.
Old 04-25-05, 04:18 PM
bigzip
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good price if they knock anything off. They wouldn't budge on mine.
Old 04-26-05, 11:08 PM
osx-addict
Driver

I got one last night (I get to pick it up tomorrow) for $47209 which was for the '06 300GS RWD with Navi/M Levinson audio..
Old 04-27-05, 07:10 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by osx-addict
I got one last night (I get to pick it up tomorrow) for $47209 which was for the '06 300GS RWD with Navi/M Levinson audio..
That is another very good price
Old 04-27-05, 09:04 AM
longjohn
Rookie

Originally Posted by osx-addict
That's $3000 off MSRP by my calculations. It's starting to look like maybe they're not selling as well as they had hoped. That's good news for those people trying to fit one into their budget.
Old 04-27-05, 03:40 PM
osx-addict
Driver

Originally Posted by longjohn
That's $3000 off MSRP by my calculations. It's starting to look like maybe they're not selling as well as they had hoped. That's good news for those people trying to fit one into their budget.
Yup.. In hind sight, I think I could have had (too late now) a nice little game of who gives the best price between Longo Lexus and Lexus of Glendale.. LL had the car I wanted right on the lot and LofG had one coming in in several weeks.. In my case I acted now because my financing situation was changing in a few days and I wanted the better rate.. I did read of someone that got a year of free oil changes for going with one dealer over another (and of course getting a better deal). Rather amusing..
Old 04-28-05, 12:52 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

I called longo lexus. They said they can give me 3500 off MSRP for a NON navi/levinson car.

MSRP 45,679 includes cargo mats, trunk mat, wheel locks, adaptive front lighting system/rain sensing wipers, ventilated seats, tilt slide sunroof, power rear shade.

Discount price: 42,000.

Primary reason: end of month to push sales units, too many in stock, vehicle available already in lot. (discoutn only for vehicles in stock..not for specific vehicle to order and wait for)

flint mica with black leather.
Old 04-28-05, 12:53 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Its a RWD car by the way.

Im not goind to buy unless i get 40000 +ttl
Old 05-02-05, 09:24 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default We are sold out of GS430's and GS300 RWD's

We have been pretty busy both with the GS and the new RX400h. The hard car to find in our area is the GS300 AWD with the Navigation/ Mark Levinson. We have one GS300AWD Matador Red/Black leather without Nav. and that's our current inventory. Thanks for your support.

Rock
Old 05-10-05, 08:34 PM
E55_POWER
Rookie

I just picked up a Blue 300AWD with Nav/Levinson for $4K off MSRP. Good deal could be since it was my 5th Lexus from same dealer within 1 year and picked up GS300AWD (daily driver) and RX330 (gift for my dad) today. Dealer stated that "they gave away the GS" since they don't really discount the AWD with Nav cars.

I haven't even driven it since it got home from the dealer. My sales person drove the car home while wife drove the RX. Sales person asked "can you drive the GS and I drive your CL55?" Yeah right...=)
Old 05-18-05, 08:26 AM
lhn5
Driver School Candidate

Default What should I offer?

I am looking for RWD with the minimum...maybe with an XM. Sticker would be around 45,410. Southern California. What should I offer? I have looked around but not talked numbers.
Old 05-26-05, 12:39 AM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
I called longo lexus. They said they can give me 3500 off MSRP for a NON navi/levinson car.

MSRP 45,679 includes cargo mats, trunk mat, wheel locks, adaptive front lighting system/rain sensing wipers, ventilated seats, tilt slide sunroof, power rear shade.

Discount price: 42,000.

Primary reason: end of month to push sales units, too many in stock, vehicle available already in lot. (discoutn only for vehicles in stock..not for specific vehicle to order and wait for)

flint mica with black leather.
I took a walk thru Longo's inventory yesterday and yes, they got tons of GS in stock...almost every color and options, but mostly GS3. For sure they will give good deals since i saw a big sign that they are trying to reach some kind of goal for month end...

Quick Reply: 2006 3GS what is a good price?/did I get a good deal thread?(for the hagglers!)