GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Servo -- Heat / AC / Vent Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-19, 04:53 PM
DKinATL
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Servo -- Heat / AC / Vent Issues

Hey all!

I'm an owner of an 03' 300 Sport Design.

I've got a question and I couldn't see the same exact issue using the search tab. When the AC is on cold without dual activated I have cold on the left and hot on the right with nothing coming from the two upper middle vents. With the settings on the head only, it blows from the two upper side vents and in the floor. Nothing coming from the two middle vents. Appears to be a mess of the climate system, haha! It's definitely the first thing I want to fix.

Anyone seen a thread with my exact issue? If I do what is written up here, will it correct all of my issues posted?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ete-guide.html

Anything else that could cause the vents to not blow correctly, or is it all servo related? Would servos cause the car to blow different temps like that? With Dual on and both on cold, the right side still blows hot. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-19, 12:26 AM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

The two side face vents always will blow air no matter what vent position setting you have them on, that is what I remember most Toyota's with automatic climate control doing as well.

You most likely need the servo for the vent position cleaned and greased but you have 4 different servos total (one for the vent position, driver temp, passenger temp and the air re-circulation door). It is best to do that to all 4 if you plan on keeping your Lexus for awhile. I cleaned all 4 of mine and greased the internal mechanism, gears and electrical contacts inside the servo. 3 Years later I have no problems or clicking like how it was when I first bought my Lexus.
Old 04-03-19, 05:54 PM
DKinATL
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shwalker07
The two side face vents always will blow air no matter what vent position setting you have them on, that is what I remember most Toyota's with automatic climate control doing as well.

You most likely need the servo for the vent position cleaned and greased but you have 4 different servos total (one for the vent position, driver temp, passenger temp and the air re-circulation door). It is best to do that to all 4 if you plan on keeping your Lexus for awhile. I cleaned all 4 of mine and greased the internal mechanism, gears and electrical contacts inside the servo. 3 Years later I have no problems or clicking like how it was when I first bought my Lexus.
Great, thanks! Looks like my big *** is going floorboard diving this weekend, lol. What do you grease them with? Most posts I've seen only mention cleaning them with alcohol. What grease will not dry up over a few year time-frame on plastic? I don't know a thing about the topic, haha!
Old 04-05-19, 12:22 AM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DKinATL
Great, thanks! Looks like my big *** is going floorboard diving this weekend, lol. What do you grease them with? Most posts I've seen only mention cleaning them with alcohol. What grease will not dry up over a few year time-frame on plastic? I don't know a thing about the topic, haha!
No problem. I used "Super Lube 21030 Synthetic Grease" and this stuff works great plus it is dielectric too :

Amazon Amazon

I used alcohol prep pads to clean the electrical board and contact wiper arm and then grease it all up once it is clean and dry from the alcohol pads.
Old 11-01-19, 05:07 PM
tyl604
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a youtube video showing how to do this?