GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

doesn't this drive you nutz! (door dings and blemishes)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-03, 10:49 AM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to be a third party on the line when you call or contact the police about your ding, they'll LAUGH right at you. Here in MA. you can't even call the policeif you're in an accident unless there are injuries. If the person refuses to cooperate, take down their lic. plate # and call the registry. I don't even know if this would constitute a hit and run based on the amount of damage. AND reporting it to your insurance company and possibly using your deductible if you get no recourse sometimes causes them to frown upon this type of claim.
Otherwise, street justice baby !!
Old 08-07-03, 11:51 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dings

I hear what you guys are saying and under "normal" circumstances I would've probably done nothing. My biggest sticking point was that I totally went out of my way to leave room for any reasonably careless person, and this idiot parked partially into my space (he had PLENTY of room on the other side, he just one-timed into the spot and figured cool I'm done) I mean how long does it take to say hmmm, I'm alittle close to this car and a football field away from that one, maybe I should re-center.

As far as 2 people being "sad/upset" about the car, if he cared in the first place he wouldn't have parked the way he did, and he wouldn't have allowed his door to hit my car hard enough to chip the paint, so for that I have no sympathy.

Like I said I regret stooping to that level, but the s.o.b. earned it himself.
Old 08-07-03, 02:36 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down Re: Dings

Originally posted by Johnny Mo
I hear what you guys are saying and under "normal" circumstances I would've probably done nothing. My biggest sticking point was that I totally went out of my way to leave room for any reasonably careless person, and this idiot parked partially into my space (he had PLENTY of room on the other side, he just one-timed into the spot and figured cool I'm done) I mean how long does it take to say hmmm, I'm alittle close to this car and a football field away from that one, maybe I should re-center.

As far as 2 people being "sad/upset" about the car, if he cared in the first place he wouldn't have parked the way he did, and he wouldn't have allowed his door to hit my car hard enough to chip the paint, so for that I have no sympathy.

Like I said I regret stooping to that level, but the s.o.b. earned it himself.

I can understand where you are coming from. I had my bumper freshly painted a few months ago and the same day I went to the movies , and when I returned my right side of my bumper is all scratched up. Apparently someone was reversing out of the spot next to me and just clipped me. Usually, these people have CRAPPY cars and they don't give a shiat about anyone else's because they have a CRAPPY car. Also they have a mentality of "he owns a lexus, he can afford to pay for it". <<== I *HATE* when people say that, it gets my blood boiling.

If I was in your situation, I would of taken a pic of the damage and his license plate, and went straight to the insurance company. I can understand why you did what you did in the heat of the moment, I felt that way PLENTY of times.
Old 08-07-03, 02:43 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: doesn't this drive you nutz!

Originally posted by Lettuce
I dont even want to continue to mod the GS after noticing these types of things.
thanks.
My front bumper is a little messed up with many scratches on the pavement. Its really not noticeable to other people, but for me its EXTREMELY noticeable. I want to add a TTE front lip before I repainted it. ehhh the price we have to pay to look cool.
Old 08-08-03, 07:39 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Door dings are painless compared to rock chips in the front of the car. Why are GS's so prone to rock chip damage on the nose?
Old 08-08-03, 07:44 AM
onetu3
Driver School Candidate

Angry

I hate my GS because all of the dings I have, sometimes i wanna wreck it because them dings drive me crazy.

-2-
Old 08-08-03, 10:07 AM
altaf
Pole Position

You should be able to get most dings repaired wihout a problem - paintless dent removal. I put Xpel on the nose of my ride to keep it from getting chiped - it's served me well!

I do understand getting p!ssed when someone dings your ride. I also go out of my way to park where it is "safe". Just yesterday, I was at Costco parked next to a curb as close as possible, and when I finished shopping and was walking towards my car, I noticed a shopping cart was touching the back of the Lex. I take a look and notice the "nice" black scratch across the rear bumper - took the paint right off. Whoever it was must have pushed the cart into the Lex. Gee thanks...
Old 08-08-03, 12:12 PM
RIPP7399
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

before my gs i had 300 zx twin turbo 94 white... some guy dinged my all the way down to the primer on it
... was a real butt about it said i couldnt prove he did it... i saw him.....come to found out he owned of the stores in the little strip mall where i was shopping ..... went back and nearly put my foot thru his drivers side door.. not real proud of it....
Old 08-08-03, 02:03 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default not just the gs

Originally posted by GS4fun
Door dings are painless compared to rock chips in the front of the car. Why are GS's so prone to rock chip damage on the nose?
My GX has a few already too. I have one on my GS that even Xpel wouldn't helped, looks like a rock/stone glanced right off the top part of the hood (the flat part) that one really bugs me and the touch up paint doesn't stay put.