GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Alternatives for brake master and booster

Old 03-19-19, 05:06 PM
TrueGS300
Racer

Received 463 Likes on 377 Posts

Bleeding again is definitely worth a try
Old 03-31-19, 08:21 PM
kaliehulum
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jdm

What year is your GS300 because I'm try to replace mine with JDM booster and my model booster was only made for 1998-2000 modles so I'm not sure if they sent the correct booster because i did everything they ask removed the spacer from the USMD bend the lines.so at this time my GS300 has been down for 3weeks because i have not got a call back on this part.
Old 04-01-19, 05:46 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

Originally Posted by kaliehulum
What year is your GS300 because I'm try to replace mine with JDM booster and my model booster was only made for 1998-2000 modles so I'm not sure if they sent the correct booster because i did everything they ask removed the spacer from the USMD bend the lines.so at this time my GS300 has been down for 3weeks because i have not got a call back on this part.
Uhh.. what are you having a problem with? Install? Bleeding? Not working? No pedal? Codes?
Old 04-04-19, 06:47 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

To the OP if you're still around, I came across this and remembered this thread. Seems like a perfect match to what you're after.

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...300-is300.html
Old 04-04-19, 08:33 AM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrueGS300
To the OP if you're still around, I came across this and remembered this thread. Seems like a perfect match to what you're after.

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...300-is300.html
Thanks for replying but i saw this and asked my mechanic and he said thats for stricktly race cars and he doesnt suggest using that cause the brake pedal would be hard af for daily use. Im actually looking for a brake booster and master cylinder that could bolt up and still have the factory feel without all that abs crap. And thank u once again for replying without being judgmental and asking me why i want to get rid of the factory unit. Toyota obviously wanted to try something out with the GS but since this was the only car that had this unit they must have realized that its garbage.
Old 04-04-19, 06:25 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kstyle55
Posted this in bakes and suspension but have yet to get any replies so im trying here. I have already replaced my abs brake master and booster unit that us as gs owners have been cursed with once already and now a few years later my abs light is coming on every once in awhile which i feel like its on its way out again and i refuse to buy another used one and not know how long before its gonna go out again plus its expensive. So i was wonder if anyone knew of any master cylinder and brake booster i can use like the ones out of the sc300 or ls400 or even the supra so i dont have to get another used factory one. Dont really care about abs thats what my right foot is for. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
OP, I read in here it may have to do with the alternator. when I searched there were a handful of threads suggesting to get a new alt and it solved the ABS and other lights going off. New alt is about 125 i think, GL!
Old 04-08-19, 09:53 PM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
OP, I read in here it may have to do with the alternator. when I searched there were a handful of threads suggesting to get a new alt and it solved the ABS and other lights going off. New alt is about 125 i think, GL!
Thanks for your input but i actually have a brand new alternator that i installed about a month ago.
Old 04-10-19, 08:21 AM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Kstyle55
Posted this in bakes and suspension but have yet to get any replies so im trying here. I have already replaced my abs brake master and booster unit that us as gs owners have been cursed with once already and now a few years later my abs light is coming on every once in awhile which i feel like its on its way out again and i refuse to buy another used one and not know how long before its gonna go out again plus its expensive. So i was wonder if anyone knew of any master cylinder and brake booster i can use like the ones out of the sc300 or ls400 or even the supra so i dont have to get another used factory one. Dont really care about abs thats what my right foot is for. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I got rid of my electronic abs unit/booster and went with a master cylinder and brake booster from a Toyota Chaser (JZX100). Cleared up the space for my third pedal install as well as got rid of the abs issue I was having before the big build. This is on my Aristo so RHD but you can see the clutch master there as well.

Old 04-14-19, 02:21 PM
R3VO666
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSedan
I got rid of my electronic abs unit/booster and went with a master cylinder and brake booster from a Toyota Chaser (JZX100). Cleared up the space for my third pedal install as well as got rid of the abs issue I was having before the big build. This is on my Aristo so RHD but you can see the clutch master there as well.

Ok so my question is if you go with a regular MBC without the ABS connected will you throw a code or light on the dash for not being hooked up? Or do you have to do a and delete?
As stated b4 mine motor runs the accumulator like every 3 to 4 brakes. But I do have good stopping tho.
Old 04-14-19, 04:00 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by R3VO666
Ok so my question is if you go with a regular MBC without the ABS connected will you throw a code or light on the dash for not being hooked up? Or do you have to do a and delete?
As stated b4 mine motor runs the accumulator like every 3 to 4 brakes. But I do have good stopping tho.
For sure you will have a light on the dash, I would assume with it disconnected you will throw a code. Although for me throwing a code wasn't a worry as I have a standalone so I wouldn't enter limp mode. Yeah one of the major reasons I deleted mine was that I was running into my abs kicking in when just regularly braking from highway speeds. And I wanted to make room for my single turbo.
Old 04-15-19, 05:15 AM
sbagdon
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
$125? The local chains want $225, for the GS4, yet that was a time-issue, we couldn't wait for delivery. And don't even start about how to get the p/s pulley off, and the alternator through the p/s hoses...
Old 04-17-19, 07:22 AM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SlowSedan

Exactly what i was looking for thanks. Had to deal with alot of non helpful comments as per usual but finally someone understood what i was looking for
Old 04-30-19, 06:53 AM
Flyinhawk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently trying to make an is300 booster/master assembly work. Unfortunately it’s hard to find information on it and iits trial and error. One thing for sure is you will lose abs and traction control as they are somehow integrated with the electric nightmare.
Old 05-01-19, 03:35 PM
Kstyle55
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Flyinhawk
I am currently trying to make an is300 booster/master assembly work. Unfortunately it’s hard to find information on it and iits trial and error. One thing for sure is you will lose abs and traction control as they are somehow integrated with the electric nightmare.
Tell me about it u would think no one has done it before lol. Traction control isnt an issue for me being that i have a 2jzgte vvti trubo swap sone on my car and once u do the swap u no longer have cruise control or traction control and abs i can care less about thats what my right foot is for lol so im ok with losing thise things