ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005-184/)
-   -   Starting Issue HELP (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/913278-starting-issue-help.html)

Metlupass2 03-05-19 09:11 PM

Starting Issue HELP

Replaced my battery a while ago but I've only driven my car a few times in the last four months. I've taken it out and charged it up to rule that out and replaced loose battery cable.

Ive got a Viper 7756v that's only a few years old.

Car will not start with key. I get a no crank no start. All accessories turn on.

When use my remote start it will crank but not turn over.

If I have my key in the ignition in the ON position and then remote start the car will start. When I touch brake the car will shut off like a normal remote start without the key in.

Any ideas? Is there an ignition fuse that could have blown?

Thanks

KDF1 03-06-19 04:49 AM

Check for the security light

I am having the same problem rigth now but I've noticed that when I insert the key fob the security light keeps blinking which mean the immobilizer still doing its function if somebody has a solution for this it would be very appreciated LEXUS GS300 1988.

Metlupass2 03-09-19 11:43 AM

Anyone.....?

lexo98 03-09-19 02:25 PM

Does the alarm have a valet mode? If so put in valet and see if your still having issues

Metlupass2 03-10-19 06:12 PM

Thanks. It won't do anything in valet either. Does that mean that it's the car and not rated to the remote start/alarm?

TW99GS300 03-11-19 12:36 AM

All 98-05 Lexus branded vehicle has immobilizers. Typically with a remote start there's a immobilizer bypass module. You inserting the key and remote start is working typically indicates the module is faulty, the security light should stop flashing when remote start is engaged. I would go and have whoever installed it for you to check the bypass module.

sbagdon 03-11-19 06:59 AM

Personally, I'd rip it out. The support-issues of aftermarket remote-start, with immobilizers, really isn't worth the pain.

TrueGS300 03-11-19 05:21 PM

After market alarms are such a pain. I remove a couple a month for no start issues. I've never had anyone tell me they have benefited from one before. I'd get rid of it.

Metlupass2 03-11-19 05:54 PM

I've had this car for almost 13 years now and this remote start for maybe 4.

Could it be a bad ignition switch?

sbagdon 03-12-19 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Metlupass2 (Post 10464245)
I've had this car for almost 13 years now and this remote start for maybe 4.

Could it be a bad ignition switch?

It could be. It could be anything. Yet my vote is a bad remote-start module, or something related to a failure in the remote-start (such as a loose wire).

Is it possible to put the remote-start in to "defeat" mode? Bypass all functionality, and return the car to "normal"... guessing a hardware switch on the controller module? That might be what "valet" mode would be...? Then if it starts normally, under all conditions, you can narrow it down to the remote-start install. Then you can find the fault.

When making a change, if you're having issues, the first thing is to control that change, and remove that change, and see if things return to the previous state.

We have an older car here ('94) with aftermarket-remote and immobilizer, and it's a pain... it'll drain the battery in two weeks, and if you do something like lock the car with the inside switch and not the remote, the next time you remote unlock it, the immobilizer won't permit engine start. We've been meaning to hardware disable the immobilizer (the car would never be stolen, yet kre is always awesome), yet we've been lazy. Either way, when it gets too difficult, we'll pull it out.

Metlupass2 03-14-19 10:11 AM

Yeah putting it in valet mode disables the remote start and alarm. It still does nothing when I turn the key.

I ordered an ignition switch and will try that.

Metlupass2 03-25-19 11:04 AM

Culprit was a blown ignition fuse.