GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

02 GS300 power seats wiring!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-18, 01:31 PM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 GS300 power seats wiring!

Sorry guys I didn't see anything on this in the diy section.. can anyone tell me the wires I need to tap into to move a junkyard seat backwards and forwards? The harnesses are cut but the wires and harnesses are all still connected Soni just need to know which wires to send 12 volts through to get these up and back to get at tue inaccessible bolts. I've got 4 of the 8 out but one seat is too far forward and the other too far back. I'm going to wire them up for my 1995 GS300 but I have to get them in my possession first please help!!!
Old 06-11-18, 05:03 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Thumbs down 'preciate the help..

Originally Posted by DeanWeen
Sorry guys I didn't see anything on this in the diy section.. can anyone tell me the wires I need to tap into to move a junkyard seat backwards and forwards? The harnesses are cut but the wires and harnesses are all still connected Soni just need to know which wires to send 12 volts through to get these up and back to get at tue inaccessible bolts. I've got 4 of the 8 out but one seat is too far forward and the other too far back. I'm going to wire them up for my 1995 GS300 but I have to get them in my possession first please help!!!
Sure Dee Dub I got you. You want the blue wire with the white stripe and the white wire with the black stripe!! Glad I could help another CL'er out!

Pea's mah brother!

Thanks guys.. but I got this. New fragging seats and all. I shall make them fit and work. Any takers on the first roll around the block in my new gen2's in my gen 1? Sorry I got that space filled already, and she smells soooo good and looks even better!

Old 06-11-18, 09:47 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Default Plea for aid *now with pics*

Alright... Now I'm looking for a redeemer! Anyone who might have access to Alldata or something along those lines. I've got an Alldata subscription on my 1997 Maxima and my 1995 Lexus GS300. So needless to say I've got lots of information on the seats and well, EVERYTHING on the 95 GS300. I need someone with access to the same type of information at their fingertip's to be a really great Club Lexus-er and pass along all the information you have on the seating electronics.. Please, I know one or two of you out there have this access and if the access that I have can in any way benefit you we can make an even swap. Just let me know what you need and I'm on it. I saw where someone on here at one time posted a shot of the 02 GS300 wiring diagram (post switches) and that was really cool of that person and honestly I could totally use that information as well... but I really could use every single bit of seat electronics info on the 2002 GS300 that exists. I realize after digging through Alldata this request is not an easy thirty second job. It might take someone familiar with their software or subscription to a site ten or fifteen minutes to run off some .pdf's or .jpg's that you could email or post on here but As a good Club Lexus-er I will try to do the same for the community and pass the knowledge and information I may have along. So please, please HELP A BROTHER OUT!!

Sincerely,
theDeaner

ps below is a picture of the seat laid on its back as well as a shot of me holding the wires that go into the main harness before it splits off into the separate switches. I'm thinking (please correct me if I'm wrong) that with the exception of any wires that might be related to heaters and/or memory I should have the same number of wires on my 95 as there are on this 2002 GS300. I have a poorly shot one handed picture of me "splaying" out the wires so as to get a decent look at the colors I am dealing with. If this helps jog anyone's memory as to where they've hidden their schematics or diagrams for the 02 GS300 I would love it if you went to such place and dug out said diagrams! Thanks again folks. Together we can maky my project another one that everyone here would be proud to say "I had a hand in building that really cool vehicle and I'm xxx,xxx miles away!" and believe me I will always give credit where credit is due. I certainly can't take on a job like this on my own. My dad is an ASE Master Mechanic and was a Master Mechanic before ASE was certifying them so I always feel confident when he tells me something. In fact a mechanic friend came by (which is also an ASE certified Master Mechanic and had also worked at a Toyota dealership for a handful of years) I was going to replace my distributor on the suggestion from my dad... The friend/mechanic said "I don't think that's going to fix your problem. (keep in mind now, I learned very little from my dad's owning a shop except that I do not want to do that for a living!) Well I said I'm going to do it anyway and I need you here in case I get it out of time and I need someone who can fix it "by ear" even if necessary until I can get up and get a timing light. (because even knowing I was replacing the distributor the dumb **** didn't bring his!) We laid our bets down and I went with what old pops said and he said he thinks my issue will lie elsewhere. I start the car up and he immediately hears something that I never did. Immediately he goes right to the distributor.. "there's something wrong here either way" he says "It's making a grinding noise or something" so instead of trying anything else I just pull out my new distributor and lay it in the engine compartment. Take the cap off and immediately he spots a crack in the base of the distributor right there in the plastic... a hairline crack but a crack nonetheless. Then the kicker, he pulls the thing out and goes to turn the rotor and it clicks like a ratchet. LMAO!! I honestly don't even know how the thing was running. The thing would spin but the thing sounded like a bicycle wheel with a baseball card in the spokes! I still have that thing just because I couldn't believe it. This may be common to you guys but I was not ever thinking that I would find that when I opened the thing up. Some arc-ing yes some burn spots most likely, but a bearing that doesn't spin freely but clicks around about 12 times each turn as though it were a clock... How strange! *again you guys might havfe seen a thousand of these, but totally new to me*

Yes I won.. the bet.. My Dad won the diagnosis, I guess you could say. Second time he's called a bad distributor on a car of mine from 800 miles away! I don't even want to start on the other one. I was getting everything from "junk the car" to "it's the damn computer" 1992 Accord.. Friggin' distributor. Of course I could diagnose that one before I replaced it. Which is one of the more scary things I've done with a screwdriver in my life!

Anyway, the picture please!

Wires. Identification anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Seat bottom.. Oh so pretty and clean. Found a pack of rolling papers even. Junkyard score!

Seat laid over inside the parking garage at my office. Dusty, but oh so nice and the leather is soooo soft. I can't wait!

Last edited by DeanWeen; 06-11-18 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Pictures Added
Old 06-11-18, 11:05 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

Hopefully this is what you need
Old 06-11-18, 11:26 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

I was in the middle of posting and somebody answers my query!!??? What!?!?! Muffinizer you are the shizz-nizzle! and to come through on a Monday too! Why am I so blessed! when you decide what you would like in return that is within reach of a poor ol Texas by way of Memphis by way of Mississippi boy like myself you just name it!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you giving my little ol thread some attention! and I haven't even looked at what all you posted but I can't tell you how grateful I am that you did!!!!!

That is community right there! Gracias
Old 06-11-18, 11:34 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Default appreciation!

Originally Posted by Muffinizer

pics.... thank you very much

Hopefully this is what you need
THIS IS A WONDERFUL START! And way more than I had which was nothing. Thank you and if you happen upon any more please feel free to lay it down here too! I honestly can't tell you how much I appreciate the help. I was hoping that I would get out of this forum what so many of you have. My issue is that I'm new to this forum AND I'm new to doing what I am to car's. This is a new found love of mine and I know that my girl ls looking at me like I'm crazy. My previous love she could get into because I play music and she can sing and play a little herself. This is just totally out of the blue and I honestly didn't see it coming. I bought the car to have a second daily driver and now it's an obsession to get it back to as good or honestly I want it in better shape than it was Day 1

So thank you again! and again!
Old 07-01-18, 11:01 AM
DeanWeen
Rookie

Default All was going well...

Put in passenger seat last week. 02 GS seats in my 95 GS... had to cut off the brackets and weld new brackets in a little closer. The 95 has a distance center of bolt to center of bolt of 15". The 02 has about 17" c.o.b. to c.o.b. so they wouldn't work naturally which I had already been told but now I know why. So I got that all figured out.
wired up passenger seat easy peasy Japanesy..

went to put in drivers seat and they wouldn't work. Leaned seat back and guess what! !? These have a module so I'm thinking the drivers seat had memory. No biggie. I was able to find the wires to the motors easily. But. . I'd like to incorporate the memory since I have the module. So does anybody have access to a 2nd Gen GS memory seat wiring diagram? And many thanks to all who have helped so far and any future help! ! With all sincerity guys, thank you so very much! !
Old 11-17-18, 09:26 AM
SwervoLexo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!

Could you post some pictures and show what you did to the seat brackets and wiring?? I've been searching for months and this is the first I've seen someone post about getting it done in a 1g. Need new interior for my 93 so I would really appreciate it.