GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Repinning ecu aristo swapped gs300 help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-18, 04:17 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by grupple
hey ive been kind of busy so i havent really had a chance to serch this for you. But if i remember right there is a wire you need to run from the jdm ignitor to the ecu i believe its a black and yellow wire but cant remember on which plug. When i get a chance ill check some more im glad youre to that point on your car mine still isnt running i havent had much time to work on it. ( and i bought a focus RS) so ive been trying to enjoy that too
Thanks, any assistance would be good. it's taken almost a year to get to this point, the only thing that has worked right is the engine install. The gs300 tail shaft didn't fit the aristo gearbox, I so had to buy a 161 tail shaft and then the 161 shaft didn't fit the gs300 diff, had to send them both off to be cut up and rejoined to suit gearbox and diff, struggling to find a power steering relocation kit or a power steering resivour and month for a 161 and the throats cable didn't fit, couldn't find a second hand one so had to custom order one and now the instrument gauges. Really should of got a half cut , would of saved time and money!!.
Old 01-15-18, 04:19 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Old 01-15-18, 04:25 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussiegs3
Thanks, any assistance would be good. it's taken almost a year to get to this point, the only thing that has worked right is the engine install. The gs300 tail shaft didn't fit the aristo gearbox, I so had to buy a 161 tail shaft and then the 161 shaft didn't fit the gs300 diff, had to send them both off to be cut up and rejoined to suit gearbox and diff, struggling to find a power steering relocation kit or a power steering resivour and month for a 161 and the throats cable didn't fit, couldn't find a second hand one so had to custom order one and now the instrument gauges. Really should of got a half cut , would of saved time and money!!.
as far as the drive shaft goes from what ive read havent done it yet is get the gs400 front half of the drive shaft and it works fine. And im going to have an issue with the power steering resivor ill make something to work. My biggest mistake was the runner hose for heater core. Intalled the motor without putting the hose on first but cut the tube down and guess what cant get the hose on. So now o will be dropping the subframe down with the motor so i can get the hose on. Please keep me informed on getting the dash to work as im still in the process. Also did you swap over the orange and grey termination caps from the aristo harness
Old 01-15-18, 04:33 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

The driveshaft issue issue could have been resolved by using the 161 front half with the gs300 rear section.
Old 01-15-18, 04:34 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Originally Posted by grupple
as far as the drive shaft goes from what ive read havent done it yet is get the gs400 front half of the drive shaft and it works fine. And im going to have an issue with the power steering resivor ill make something to work. My biggest mistake was the runner hose for heater core. Intalled the motor without putting the hose on first but cut the tube down and guess what cant get the hose on. So now o will be dropping the subframe down with the motor so i can get the hose on. Please keep me informed on getting the dash to work as im still in the process. Also did you swap over the orange and grey termination caps from the aristo harness
The hose issue doesn't sound fun at all. I can keep you informed on what's need for the dash. Right now we are waiting on a standard gs300 ecu (as I throw mine out like an idiot) and planning on using my halteck elite 750 to run the engine instead of using the aristo ecu that in it now. Engine came with arist wiring already do didn't need to swap plugs.

Last edited by Aussiegs3; 01-15-18 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 01-15-18, 04:38 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Originally Posted by Letsride
The driveshaft issue issue could have been resolved by using the 161 front half with the gs300 rear section.
Yeah that's what we ended up doing. Almost everything I've needed for this car has been custom made. For a car that looks identical, nothing but the engine months match up.
Old 01-15-18, 04:38 PM
Letsride

The gs300 tail shaft didn't fit the aristo gearbox, I so had to buy a 161 tail shaft and then the 161 shaft didn't fit the gs300 diff, had to send them both off to be cut up and rejoined to suit gearbox and diff,****See my earlier response!

struggling to find a power steering relocation kit or a power steering resivour and month for a 161 ***You can use the GS or sc400 Reservoir.....

throats cable didn't fit, ***You could have used a camry or early corolla. Most here just by the TT Supra cable.

the instrument gauges. *** Double check the harness that mated to the GS body harness. Make sure all the pins are making contact in the connector!

Really should of got a half cut , would of saved time and money!!.***In most cases it would have....
The following users liked this post:
Aussiegs3 (01-15-18)
Old 01-15-18, 04:47 PM
Aussiegs3
Rookie

Talking

The gs300 tail shaft didn't fit the aristo gearbox, I so had to buy a 161 tail shaft and then the 161 shaft didn't fit the gs300 diff, had to send them both off to be cut up and rejoined to suit gearbox and diff,****See my earlier response!

struggling to find a power steering relocation kit or a power steering resivour and month for a 161 ***You can use the GS or sc400 Reservoir.....

throats cable didn't fit, ***You could have used a camry or early corolla. Most here just by the TT Supra cable.

the instrument gauges. *** Double check the harness that mated to the GS body harness. Make sure all the pins are making contact in the connector!

Really should of got a half cut , would of saved time and money!!.***In most cases it would have....
I'll double check the harness this week when I get a chance after work. I have a mate with a 161 half cut at the moment and only need the engine, so hopefully when he pulls the engine out I can have the rest of the car :-D
Old 01-15-18, 05:08 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Very good guys hopefully we can keep this thread going to help others im sure i will be needing more help on mine. Cant wait till mine is back on the road mind you i live in wisconsin so i have some time since its winter and this car wont see snow
Old 01-15-18, 05:12 PM
Letsride

We are here to help......just ask away
Old 01-15-18, 07:29 PM
TW99GS300
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Seems like there's other issues. Even with immobilizer ecu, the car will still crank. Just won't start.
Can also use the GS400 front half driveshaft and isolator as an option.
Old 01-22-18, 12:44 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys im fricken lost motor and trans are in and car wont start. Wont crank and dont think fuel pump is even kicking on. Engine to body ground is hooked up trans to body ground hooked up trans is in park. I swapped out the grey and orange termination caps from the aristo wont crank using my ecu the aristo ecu and i even got a non immobilizer ecu. What am i missing
Old 01-22-18, 01:18 PM
Letsride

Do you get lights on the dash?

Can you verify a good starter? (Use a jumper from the big B+ wire on the starter to the small spade connector on the starter solenoid.)
Old 01-22-18, 01:25 PM
Letsride

Check for B+ at pin 1 on the F60 connector as well.
Old 01-22-18, 01:32 PM
grupple
Driver School Candidate

Check for B+ at pin 1 on the F60 connector as well.
Yes all of the dash lights come on. And havent verified starter yet i will check that when i get back home

Quick Reply: Repinning ecu aristo swapped gs300 help